'It Still Moves' reissue. Those who've heard in full. yer feedback here

Started by fortbethel, May 27, 2016, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortbethel

I'm not getting it till Tuesday. Amazon.com.

AM REALLY curious. Is it a simple 'run through' remaster with the whole album simply sounding clearer?

AND OR

Are there actual rehashing/remixing of some songs?
I still feel a three minute 'cobra' should come out. 

ALSO

I'm in need of a spotter for the gym at OBH 3. Benching hard and don't wanna get hurt.
I'll return the favor.

Peace

Nikkogino

Sounds 50x better and intro to Easy Morning Rebel is longer.

Jellyfish

Do you have one of the old re-issues on vinyl? If so get this one and throw the old one out,that's how much better it sounds,lol
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

fortbethel

Thanks. How many listens bud?
Any songs mixed up in the like 'middle'
So it's 99% remaster?
Thought there would be more
Like I said a 3-4 min. Cobra tacked on would've been the 'bees fuckin knees'

fortbethel

They thrown shit in. This is a good remaster. Listening through iTunes on the Demerbox and it fuckin soars! Really cleaned up. Even though with my iTunes subscription I will always buy the cd.

Still haven't found a spotter for bench.

FetusTree

I just think there are new elements that were buried in the mix (I never knew there were Xmas curtain style keys in Mahgeetah)

LB

Different animal, same beast, if that makes sense. Gorgeous throughout. You should definitely listen to the remastered Masterplan. Loving the new Easy Morning Rebel.

Also, listen to "En La Ceremony" currently hypnotized by that  :thumbsup:
no you never gotta fight with me

sweatboard

Yeah "En La Ceremony" isn't just a good song....it's a show stopper!  I wouldn't mind having this song close out a set.....but it's mmj and it's just a b side....man, they are incredible. 
There's Still Time.........

fortbethel

Thanks everyone. Got my CD and love ALL OF IT.

'En La Ceremony' is a beauty! Just epic

rdylanoconnor

Totally agree on "En La Ceremony". Been on repeat since the reissue. First person to hear that song live is one lucky soul. The bass line and faint background chanting on the second part of the song would be incredible live.

searchinbig

Really love this whole remaster. The demos are cool, some weird and some spacey.

Always wondered what it would be like if the band did an all acoustic set, maybe to open up a show or something.

One thing I did notice on "That's Too Bad" is that Jim's vocals do not sound from the 2003 ISM time frame. His voice sounds like it does now. Anyone else notice that? Is it possible the vocals to this song were added later?
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

gardenparty

My vinyl is still in the shrink wrap. Going to save it for a special night tbd

rusty95

Quote from: gardenparty on Jun 15, 2016, 11:46 PM
My vinyl is still in the shrink wrap. Going to save it for a special night tbd

There has to be a  way you can make some money with that type of patience.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?