Stay away from Darla Records!

Started by RobbyD462, Jun 03, 2016, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbyD462

Hi,
I thought  I should tell everyone about my extremely negative Darla records experience.
Last year I purchased a sealed copy of Tennessee Fire by My Morning Jacket.
It had a pressing defect on the second album.
I was disipointed but not the end of the world as I've seen it happen before.
Couple days ago I got a repress of At Dawn straight from Darla.
When I opened the album which was sealed the second album had the same problem.
Almost like a factory scratch or maybe it was still warm when put into the jacket and smudged all the info in that area.
In the past I purchased a Beck Guero that had the same issue.Took it to the record store and boom new copy.
I didn't want to run the risk of playing these vinyl due to the fact that I have a Black Ortofon cartridge(stupid $$)and did
not want to damage it.
Why would I make this up?I just want a non defective album.
Customer service should be paramount especially with small business.

I tried to contact Darla.James to be specific.
At first I told him the issue and it took 5 emails to explain to him what happened.
This is after 5-6 pictures I sent of the problem discs.

After 5 hours no response.
I set another email asking what he suggested I do.
He then proceeded to say that these things do not happen. Not Ever(his words)
He said that in 22 years this has never happened and that if it happened with two records that I must be lying.
He also said that there are quality assurance practices in place to prevent this.Of course there are where were they?
He literally said that I put a cigarette butt on the record!And says something doesn't add up!
I told him I contacted him for information and replacement not to be attacked as a customer.
He said No attack just facts!
I not even from the USA no respect for  fair business or people from other walks of life.
I can honestly say that not only was this the Worst customer service I have ever received but the quality of their vinyl is total Dog shit.
Darla=Dog Shit Customer Service and Product Quality.

I can honestly say I have Never been so offended by a business and I am 37 years old.

Sorry for the rant everyone but I thought you good people should know about this fiasco.

Steer Clear Darla has shitty vinyl coming through!!

Here some pictures.Make your own decision. ;)

http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/Robbyd462/slideshow/Darla%20Pictures
-Pemberton Festival 2008,Seattle-Oct,2/15,Seattle-Oct,3/2015

Gina

I agree that you have nothing to gain by destroying the vinyl yourself, so I am confused as to why the merchant would accuse you of lying.  When I have a defective vinyl (or even a defective sleeve), I do as you did, take photos, contact the merchant, request a replacement, and I always offer to return the defective item to them.  To date, I have never been asked to return it.

Jellyfish

I am not questioning your dealings with Darla but I have had nothing but good pressings from them.Sorry for your bad experience.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need