Roadies - Showtime Series

Started by WastedLittleWeeza, Jun 07, 2016, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WastedLittleWeeza

johnnYYac

I think you were suffering from wishful thinking.  I don't see him, or any recognizable musicians, in this trailer.  Also, no mention on IMDb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4270458/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Looks like it might be a fun show to check out, though.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MOWJO8185

I think he just posted the wrong trailer. Take a look at 1:06 in on this one. Definitely Jim.

johnnYYac

Right on, MOWJO8185!  Also, Lucius at 1:34.

WastedLittleWeeza

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jun 07, 2016, 01:11 PM
I think he just posted the wrong trailer. Take a look at 1:06 in on this one. Definitely Jim.

I sure did. Thanks for the assist!

johnnYYac

WickedMessenger

The pilot was just ok, but I will keep watching to see if Jim James pops up.  The soundtrack was great though including an original acoustic version of Tangled up in Blue.

Stevie

Apparently it was Jacket last night.  Anyone watch?

ericm

Quote from: Stevie on Jun 25, 2016, 09:34 AM
Apparently it was Jacket last night.  Anyone watch?

No, but will check it out On Demand.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

LBSUNFLWR

excited to watch it tomorrow. DVR set.

DayDrinkin

There's a mini-doc on roadies on Showtime called "Miles to Go Before I Sleep" with a  little bit of commentary from Jim. It's mainly features Pearl Jam and Hippo Campus crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APR

I'm going to give this show a chance for sure.  Cameron Crowe's recent track record isn't stellar, but I'm hopeful for this show.  I think that documentary will be interesting too. 

BH

Quote from: WickedMessenger on Jun 16, 2016, 11:38 PM
The pilot was just ok, but I will keep watching to see if Jim James pops up.  The soundtrack was great though including an original acoustic version of Tangled up in Blue.

Agreed, all around.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

gardenparty

Don't think I can watch another episode after that first one

CTdeadhead

I guess Im in the minority but I really liked this show and I was disappointed to see it was cancelled.  I have always loved Cameron Crowe and loved that Jim did some actual acting.  Lucius was awesome as well. 

LBSUNFLWR

I have them all saved in my DVR, have yet to watch one episode.
I am debating watching now. I hate to fall in love with a show only to see it get cancelled...

rkwedge

I would give it a shot if you have them recorded. I liked it, a lot of good stories about older rock bands that are interesting. Ron White is really good in it and of coarse Jim James is in one episode so you have to watch that one.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

CTdeadhead

Jim was actually in two episodes.  Crowe's Elizabethtown was another one everyone but me seemed to hate.  I loved that movie and soundtrack. 

Derek713

The Soundtrack with The First Time and They're All In Love are both on Spotify now.

justbcuzido

Quote from: CTdeadhead on Sep 21, 2016, 01:05 AM
Jim was actually in two episodes.  Crowe's Elizabethtown was another one everyone but me seemed to hate.  I loved that movie and soundtrack. 

I liked the movie, but the two leads are terrible in their over acting in this movie. I would've liked it a zillion times better if it were two other people doing the acting. I couldn't take Orlando Bloom serious and Dunst playing manic pixie gal was not in her strong suit.

At least with these two "failed" projects, we got some great MMJ and Ruckus tunes
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.