Roadies - Showtime Series

Started by WastedLittleWeeza, Jun 07, 2016, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

Which brings me to another point, it seems like Jim and the boys always release awesome stuff for movies.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

APR

I could barely watch fifteen minutes.  I couldn't take it anymore so just fast forwarded to the Jim James and Eddie Vedder scenes. 

johnnYYac

It has been painful to watch.  I generally enjoy Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino, but none of the characters held my interest.  I did enjoy some of the "live" performances from Lucius, Jim, Lyndsey Buckingham, John Mellencamp, The Head and The Heart, and Reignwolf.  But Halsey was annoying and can't act.  I've yet to see the last 3 episodes.

As with so much of Cameron Crowe's work, it has a lot of potential but almost always falls short (see Elizabethtown, for example, or Almost Famous, which is my favorite of his films).
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

justbcuzido

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 23, 2016, 12:43 PM
It has been painful to watch.  I generally enjoy Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino, but none of the characters held my interest.  I did enjoy some of the "live" performances from Lucius, Jim, Lyndsey Buckingham, John Mellencamp, The Head and The Heart, and Reignwolf.  But Halsey was annoying and can't act.  I've yet to see the last 3 episodes.

As with so much of Cameron Crowe's work, it has a lot of potential but almost always falls short (see Elizabethtown, for example, or Almost Famous, which is my favorite of his films).

ElizabethTown failed I think cause of his choice in leads... Orlando Bloom and Kirstin Dunst were terrible choices
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

CTdeadhead

I know Roger Ebert recanted his original bad review as the film was reedited after the original showing at some film fest