Epic old article surfaced... My Morning Jacket: Line of Duty

Started by johnnYYac, Jun 14, 2016, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

oistheone

Good lord, this reads like a screenplay! Some of the finest music writing I've ever come across. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Murph

Murph

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 14, 2016, 06:54 PM
Good lord, this reads like a screenplay! Some of the finest music writing I've ever come across. Thanks so much for sharing!!

I'd watch this movie.

justbcuzido

What a read.. And this is just another reason why Jim is the best

"The segment's producers gently suggest to the kids that they give their introduction a dry run before the tapes start rolling. Ever the pragmatist, James has some advice for ABC, too: "You'd better record the practice intro, just in case it's so fucking awesome.""
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

GO4IT

I didn't have time to make it all the way through but found the following quote interesting:

"Had I stayed or had John and Danny stayed, I don't know if they'd be where they are today," says Guetig, who drummed for MMJ from 2000 to 2002. "This band, the way it is now, is the way it's supposed to be. Pete's a better drummer than me, Carl's a better guitar player than Johnny, Bo is leaps and bounds better than Danny on keys. This band is amazing."

johnnYYac

Quote from: GO4IT on Jun 15, 2016, 10:48 PM
I didn't have time to make it all the way through but found the following quote interesting:

"Had I stayed or had John and Danny stayed, I don't know if they'd be where they are today," says Guetig, who drummed for MMJ from 2000 to 2002. "This band, the way it is now, is the way it's supposed to be. Pete's a better drummer than me, Carl's a better guitar player than Johnny, Bo is leaps and bounds better than Danny on keys. This band is amazing."
Who's Pete?  :grin:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.