Instagram Post by MMJ???

Started by MMJTX, Jun 16, 2016, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Anyone see the instagram the MMJ account just posted? Fireworks video and caption read "tomorrow"
Anytime

raheuer

It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

Cameron

MMJTX

I'm thinking either an announcement about the live album or a New Year's Eve show Announcement.
Anytime

midwesterner

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 16, 2016, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking either an announcement about the live album or a New Year's Eve show Announcement.

This plus maybe a few lead up shows to NYE. IE another Cap or Beacon run.

oistheone

It's gotta be a NYE run, right?! Fireworks?????

Makes sense to announce now that OBH is sold out.

raheuer

anyone have any idea as to where NYE could be??? guess i gotta start planning now.....
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

searchinbig

Maybe something for the approaching 4th of July? Kind of short notice though!!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

oistheone

The Boston NYE show wasn't announced till September, which makes me think this might be early for a New Years announcement.

Butttttttt the 2008 NYE was announced in June. Which means we're right on time! And that I have solved absolutely nothing.

MMJTX

Where have all the previous NYE shows been?
Anytime

MOWJO8185

Maybe it's just the Okonokos vinyl. Perhaps there are bonus tracks associated or something of that nature.

CountSA

Okonokos II - Live From the Beacon Theatre

layin low

1. July 4 show
2. NYE run
3. Live album details
4. New album details
5. Mini-tour

I could be totally off, but don't know if they'd use that platform with a pre-announcement for a Jim album/tour.

In all honesty, would welcome if any of my guesses were right!

johnnYYac

Also, Jim solo album and tour...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

logan5ive

Seeing as fireworks were used in the post it has to be a 7/4 or 12/31 show, right?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

midwesterner

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 16, 2016, 03:16 PM

2006-2007 San Fran
2008-2009 NYC
2012-2013 Boston

There may have been some before that but those are the three I know.

Wasn't at SF but show is killer. I loved NYC. It was a well thought out show with great covers.  Boston was kind of basic imo. But the shows leading up to it were great.

MMJTX

Quote from: midwesterner on Jun 16, 2016, 04:51 PM

2006-2007 San Fran
2008-2009 NYC
2012-2013 Boston

Wasn't at SF but show is killer. I loved NYC. It was a well thought out show with great covers.  Boston was kind of basic imo. But the shows leading up to it were great.

Thanks! Maybe they'll do this NYE show (hoping that's what it is) somewhere that is a little less expensive to spend a weekend.
Anytime

midwesterner

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 16, 2016, 04:54 PM

2006-2007 San Fran
2008-2009 NYC
2012-2013 Boston

Thanks! Maybe they'll do this NYE show (hoping that's what it is) somewhere that is a little less expensive to spend a weekend.

Well NYC is probably out. Phish has had a hold on MSG since 2009 or they would have to take a smaller venue.  Boston didn't even come close to selling out so I don't know if they would go back there.

So really anywhere else is probably open.

staurie28

I'm so excited right now...what could it be!! I honestly doubt it's a 4th of July thing, that would be REALLY short notice.....

A NYE announcement would be AWESOME but if it was anywhere that I would need to travel I doubt I would make it, given the expense for OBH, but I would be pumped for anyone that could go.  Or live album, or a little fall tour... ok ok so basically ANYTHING will be awesome :drum:

ericm

Quote from: midwesterner on Jun 16, 2016, 04:57 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 16, 2016, 04:54 PM

2006-2007 San Fran
2008-2009 NYC
2012-2013 Boston

Well NYC is probably out. Phish has had a hold on MSG since 2009 or they would have to take a smaller venue.  Boston didn't even come close to selling out so I don't know if they would go back there.

So really anywhere else is probably open.

Not NYC proper but there's the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the Prudential Center in Newark if they want to play an arena in  the NYC Metro area.

Personally I'd love to see them back at the Beacon.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"