Started by MMJTX, Jun 16, 2016, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplatSplatSplat

Why not do New Years in Louisville? 
You need it.  That's for sure.

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jun 16, 2016, 06:55 PM
I'll be selfish here and hope for a NYE show in Chicago, but any show in Louisville is welcome!!!!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

piton87

There were fireworks in the background both nights of the red rocks show....
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

raheuer

Quote from: piton87 on Jun 16, 2016, 08:29 PM

there were???

I may have had too much fun...
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

ericm

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Jun 16, 2016, 08:28 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jun 16, 2016, 06:55 PM
I'll be selfish here and hope for a NYE show in Chicago, but any show in Louisville is welcome!!!!

CHIMMJFAN

Either one would be fine by me but I think a NYE show in Louisville would be off the charts.   :thumbsup:

"Where's Jim going?"

piton87

Quote from: raheuer on Jun 16, 2016, 09:17 PM

there were???

I may have had too much fun...

Downtown amusement park I believe. Off in the distance.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

WickedMessenger

A live album would be my best guess, but hoping for a bunch of new tour dates in the fall. Couldn't quite spend the dough on OBH3 but traveling in the States would seem like a bargain.

The same video was posted by Jim James Facebook page.

buymycar

And Friday is now album release day.

gardenparty

RR night one fireworks were during Golden. It was rad

MOWJO8185

It's a Carl solo album. Check out his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/carlbroemel/?fref=ts

Excited for him for sure, but that's mildly disappointing haha.

odelljaj

Yep it's Carl's album.  They are really doing a bad job of teasers.  The last one was the Compound Fracture Video and now a solo album for Carl??

I hate how they promote other projects on the MMJ page. 

MOWJO8185

Quote from: odelljaj on Jun 17, 2016, 10:28 AM
Yep it's Carl's album.  They are really doing a bad job of teasers.  The last one was the Compound Fracture Video and now a solo album for Carl??

They are just looking out for their own. I'm disappointed in the moment, because the teaser got me thinking about very big MMJ things, but had MMJ not done this teaser, a lot of people would never know about Carl's solo album. Which, btw, the first single sounds pretty good to me.

gardenparty

A new Carl album is great news and I will certainly purchase it.  Loved the last one!

But yeah, I had my hopes high on a new Live comp.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: gardenparty on Jun 17, 2016, 10:51 AM
A new Carl album is great news and I will certainly purchase it.  Loved the last one!

But yeah, I had my hopes high on a new Live comp.

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jun 17, 2016, 10:31 AM

They are just looking out for their own. I'm disappointed in the moment, because the teaser got me thinking about very big MMJ things, but had MMJ not done this teaser, a lot of people would never know about Carl's solo album. Which, btw, the first single sounds pretty good to me.

Agreed. New song is actually really good!

MMJTX

ya good for Carl. I do love him. but definitely disappointed in the news as much as I don't want to be.  :undecided:
Anytime

CountSA

Really?  A central news source for all things MMJ related is ideal in my opinion.

searchinbig

I think it's great! I love Carl's "All Birds Say" record. Real quality pressing too.

Don't worry folks, for some reason I think there will be a whole lot of stuff coming our way!!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

wheelhousetunes

I didn't want to say anything in afraid of jinxing it,  but I was dreaming it was going to be like the Wilco Star Wars thing: a full new album surprise available via download.

Oh well. I shouldn't set such lofty expectations.  :cool:

johnnYYac

How is the news of Carl's new solo album anything but welcome and exciting news?  How is it in any way inappropriate or surprising that he gets the full weight of the MMJ family to promote his work?  The above responses are bizarre and disappointing. 

My only complaint is that he's selling his album using Wonderful Union, and I can't justify paying $7+ for shipping. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

gardenparty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 17, 2016, 12:58 PM
How is the news of Carl's new solo album anything but welcome and exciting news?  How is it in any way inappropriate or surprising that he gets the full weight of the MMJ family to promote his work?  The above responses are bizarre and disrespectful. 

My only complaint is that he's selling his album using Wonderful Union, and I can't justify paying $7+ for shipping. 

disrespectful?  I don't see that. 

Everybody agreed it is welcome news.   There were just some pretty lofty hopes.

I do think there will be plenty of MMJ news into 2017 as well so all is good here.