Instagram Post by MMJ???

Started by MMJTX, Jun 16, 2016, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelhousetunes

I think we all love Carl here so it shouldn't be interpreted as any disrespect.

I'll be picking up his album for sure.

johnnYYac

Quote from: gardenparty on Jun 17, 2016, 01:19 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 17, 2016, 12:58 PM
How is the news of Carl's new solo album anything but welcome and exciting news?  How is it in any way inappropriate or surprising that he gets the full weight of the MMJ family to promote his work?  The above responses are bizarre and disrespectful disappointing

My only complaint is that he's selling his album using Wonderful Union, and I can't justify paying $7+ for shipping. 

disrespectful?  I don't see that. 

Everybody agreed it is welcome news.   There were just some pretty lofty hopes.

I do think there will be plenty of MMJ news into 2017 as well so all is good here.

I'll use a different term, then...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tippitoes22

Disappointing...hate how they promote other stuff, etc...

This is the 2nd solo release by the lead guitarist, from a lot of you ppls favorite band...?
And on top of it his 1st solo LP is a beautifully produced, well pressed, vinyl beauty!!!

Anyone heard "Carried Away", or listened to All Birds Say before...?
Or paid attention to who's playin guitar more than 1/2 the time!?!?

I know this might come off wrong, but if it was news of a Jim solo release people would be doing backflips.

I think it was pretty obvious it was announcing Carl's new LP.
It's called "FOURTH OF JULY"! (And fireworks. They show fireworks). Don't really have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out, and you REALLY don't have to take the time to type your dissapointment that it's not a new Live Compolation, or show, or whatever.

Sorry but some of those are total dick comments. It's Carl, the guy who shreds show after show. Sorry if I sound pissed but I kinda am. This an open forum and I think some ppls comments were disrespectful.

GO TEAM CARL :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Mr. White

I was super excited about the Carl announcement. After all, he is playing a show in one of my favorite "almost unknown" tiny bars/clubs in Louisville - Zanzabar! I immediately clicked the show link and purchased tickets for my wife and I.

I have Carl's album on vinyl (got it at Ear-X-Tacy years ago). It came with a free CD in a paper sleeve too (actually, my copy had two CD's - must have been a mistake - hope somebody else didn't get skipped over). I love it!

Also, as far as people doing back flips if it was a Jim solo album announcement, I feel there would be plenty of people saying they didn't really like his first solo album and would bring up all their critiques of it and not liking the "electronic" sounding style of it. I loved it and would see Jim live any time I could.

Can't wait for Carl's show in August! Wish he would do a more extensive tour, so others could see him live. This will be my first Carl solo show.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

buymycar

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Jun 19, 2016, 04:33 AM

It's called "FOURTH OF JULY"! (And fireworks. They show fireworks). Don't really have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure it out, and you REALLY don't have to take the time to type your dissapointment that it's not a new Live Compolation, or show, or whatever.

How was it obvious? The post had a video with fireworks and it just said "tomorrow." I never saw anything that said any album would be called Fourth of July or anything indicating it would be a Carl album.

MOWJO8185

Disappointing...hate how they promote other stuff, etc...

This is the 2nd solo release by the lead guitarist, from a lot of you ppls favorite band...?
And on top of it his 1st solo LP is a beautifully produced, well pressed, vinyl beauty!!!

Anyone heard "Carried Away", or listened to All Birds Say before...?
Or paid attention to who's playin guitar more than 1/2 the time!?!?

I know this might come off wrong, but if it was news of a Jim solo release people would be doing backflips.

Sorry but some of those are total dick comments. It's Carl, the guy who shreds show after show. Sorry if I sound pissed but I kinda am. This an open forum and I think some ppls comments were disrespectful.

GO TEAM CARL :thumbsup:

First of all, nobody knew what his album was called prior to seeing the fireworks post. The fireworks post was a teaser for the forthcoming announcement. So at the time of seeing the fireworks, there was no knowing. Sure, it's obvious now that we have all the info.

Secondly, nobody is not excited to hear Carl's solo album. The teaser just ratcheted up excitement for what could have potentially been big MMJ news. Which, on an MMJ forum, my guess is most people consider them their favorite band and would respond most excitedly to news about the band. It's ultimately on us for letting ourselves get carried away with the possibilities of the teaser, but in the moment it was mildly disappointing when considered against the other things that were discussed in this thread. In a vacuum, a Carl Broemel album is nothing but great news.

Nikkogino

Quote from: buymycar on Jun 19, 2016, 12:30 PM

How was it obvious? The post had a video with fireworks and it just said "tomorrow." I never saw anything that said any album would be called Fourth of July or anything indicating it would be a Carl album.
Mr. White is a time traveller and knew.

On the real though, the Carl tune is good.  Sounds like this will be a cool album.  That said, I can see how people are disappointed.  A cryptic message on MMJ's Instagram would make people get excited for new MMJ.  I love Jim and Carl solo stuff but come on...MMJ is next level.  Still hopeful a new MMJ live album is on the horizon.