My Morning Jacket’s Carl Broemel Announces New Album, Shares First Single

Started by ditty, Jun 17, 2016, 03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ditty

http://www.jambands.com/news/2016/06/17/my-morning-jacket-s-carl-broemel-announces-new-album-shares-first-single/

My Morning Jacket guitarist Carl Broemel has announced he will release his new solo album, 4th of July, on August 19 via Broemel's Stocks in Asia label and Thirty Tigers. The record was produced by Broemel and Teddy Morgan and features guests like Broemel's MMJ bandmates Bo Koster and Tom Blankenship, Neko Case, Laura Veirs, Shelly Colvin and more.Pre-orders for 4th of July are available here. Broemel has also shared the first single off the album, "Sleep Lagoon," which can be heard below.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

meltingaway

So the album is called "19th of August" and it comes out on the 4th of July, got it...I'm diggin the teaser track

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

MMJCOBRA

Totally agreed. Sleepy lagoon just sounds so damn cool. All birds say was just a little too sparse for my taste but this new song has that Carl swagger!!!

Who's on drums?? :drum:

justbcuzido

Quote from: unravelled on Jun 23, 2016, 11:35 PM
Totally agreed. Sleepy lagoon just sounds so damn cool. All birds say was just a little too sparse for my taste but this new song has that Carl swagger!!!

Who's on drums?? :drum:

I love All Birds Say.. It is a total Sleepy Sunday Morning affair though.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Mr. White

This interview with Carl just came out yesterday (June 27, 2016).

Published on Jun 27, 2016
My Morning Jacket's Carl Broemel, has announced the forthcoming release of his new solo album 4th of July and shared the first single "Sleepy Lagoon" today on Pitchfork.
Co-produced by Teddy Morgan, the LP is slated for release on August 19 via Broemel's newly formed label Stocks in Asia alongside Thirty Tigers.

Though forged by Broemel, he also collaborated with those close to him: Bo Koster and Tom Blankenship of My Morning Jacket both appear on the record, with Koster co-writing a few tracks. Guest appearances also include Neko Case, Laura Veirs, Russ Pollard, Shelly Colvin, Richard Medek and Jordan Caress.

Broemel worked on the record between album and tour cycles in Nashville. The result is an album that examines the passage of time marveling at how different our lives look now from the engrained images of ourselves that we've held onto from the past. 4th of July is a reflective meditation.

Working on 4th of July was a way for Broemel to engage in musical explorations on his own. Broemel says, "this album is just me trying to compete with my own abilities -- it was a challenge to do it on my own."

In addition to 4th of July and My Morning Jacket, Broemel is currently on tour as a member of Ray LaMontagne's band with a full solo tour coming soon. A list of current tour dates are below with more to come.

Preorder the album here, preorder vinyl and CDs here, and be sure to check out the first single "Sleepy Lagoon".
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

justbcuzido

More solo Carl.. This is more atune to All Birds Say. I for one am really excited for his solo album.

https://soundcloud.com/carl-broemel/in-the-dark

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

CC

gasp

...to the moon

oistheone

This track is 100% certified DOPE!!! Some of the most gorgeously intense axe work I've ever heard.

Can't wait to dig into the whole album!

parkervb

wow...I really liked Sleepy Lagoon but this song is as o said, 100% certified DOPE!!!

justbcuzido

Damn, who had time to check this yesterday :( is this available anywhere else, I'd love to hear it.

RobRoy286

Wait, wait, wait...

How have I never heard of "Lose What's Left?" Up until now, I thought All Birds Say was Carl's only other album. I can't find a download of Lose What's Left anywhere, not even iTunes.

halllppppp

johnnYYac

Its been available for free, but the existing links are dead or "risky", so I've uploaded a zip file of Lose What's Left to my personal Mediafire account.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b29238jlyl6o13u/Lose_What%27s_Left.zip

RobRoy286

parkervb

ugh, once again doing a pre-sale means I don't get my album when it's released. Lucky for me though I have a connect who has a connect at local public radio who got me a digital copy.