NEW SONG!!! Everything (The Universe) - Jim James

Started by Nikkogino, Jun 30, 2016, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Yo.  New Jim James song on iTunes (featuring Lydia Burrell)...part of the Juno NASA mission to Jupiter deal.  The Jim Song accompanies exclusives from other artists (Trent Reznor, Weezer, GZA, etc.).

Listen to Everything (The Universe) [feat. Lydia Burrell] - Single by Jim James on Apple Music. https://itun.es/us/B76qdb

Mr. White

Nikkogino, thanks for the notice!
I just bought it.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo

I think Jim is currently addicted to song titles like... Song (Other Name Of Song)

justbcuzido

After first listen, it's interesting to say the least. I definitely like it. Kind of feels a little like Radiohead with the music side of it. Definitely feels from like it's from some future space travel place, a bit cold/detached/vast/spacey.

Good for late night headphone adventures
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 30, 2016, 01:46 PM
I think Jim is currently addicted to song titles like... Song (Other Name Of Song)
:grin: (The Laugh)

P.S.  I still really fucking hate iTunes...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

gardenparty

I'm really loving the mood of this one and most of the quirky lyrics.

nice little surprise and has me excited for his new album!

Cameron

RobRoy286

Think this is from the new album, or a completely separate thing?

jimsflyingv

separate thing.....sounds a bit like it could have been on "Religions of...."
Before Waterfalls they released several songs for Soundtracks like on "Dallas Buyers Club" that had nothing to do with the new album.

AlwxanderD10

Man, this is so good. Dig it a whole lot. Jim and his cousin should collab more often...

johnnYYac

It was written by Lydia Burrell, who also recorded his own version.  So, basically, Jim's version is a Lydia Burrell cover.

Everything · Lydia Burrell
℗ 2010 Removador Recordings and Solutions
Released on: 2010-03-09

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 02, 2016, 03:39 PM
It was written by Lydia Burrell, who also recorded his own version.  So, basically, Jim's version is a Lydia Burrell cover.

Everything · Lydia Burrell
℗ 2010 Removador Recordings and Solutions
Released on: 2010-03-09

I got a CD copy (may have been one of the last remaining ones from the original run, since I haven't seen anywhere that you can still order the physical copy). I got it when I stopped Alex to introduce myself after his set at one of the Foxhollow Farms Summer Concert Series shows just northeast of Louisville on 7/10/2015. He was very friendly and glad I made my way there just to see his set. When I asked if he had any music I could buy from him, he said he had some stuff up on Bandcamp. When I asked if he had any vinyl or on CD, he went to his guitar case and brought me this CD with the plain white case (I had him autograph it at another show). I've since seen Alex perform as Howell Dawdy and as Lydia Burrell many times and as a member of Daniel Martin Moore's band. I make it a point to stop and talk to him whenever I go to his shows. Sometimes, he sees me first and makes his way over to talk for a bit. He truly is a musical and comedic force in the community and needs more of a following. If you all ever get a chance to see him live, do so!

Edit: Jim produced this album with Alex.

LB

thank you Jyac, I have been searching for that!
no you never gotta fight with me

DayDrinkin

The lyrics to this song are absolutely stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie

Okay but where is the youtube version of the new one?  Its not the money its having to install itunes and then use it only for that one song because apple is terrible and there is no other reason to  assoicaite with them.

Mr. White

Quote from: Stevie on Jul 05, 2016, 12:12 AM
Okay but where is the youtube version of the new one?  Its not the money its having to install itunes and then use it only for that one song because apple is terrible and there is no other reason to  assoicaite with them.

I know what you mean about hating iTunes. I had to upload it long enough to download the song. I never use iTunes though. The only times have been for the MMJ iTunes only stuff. I just convert the mp4 or whatever format it was to WAV or FLAC to use on my Pono Player or to burn to a CD. I use Nero Burn, but I know there are some free programs that will convert, if you need to do that. I haven't seen the YouTube version yet either.

dookie shoot bandit

Can't stop listening to this song!!
Original and cover are AMAZING

ChiefOKONO

Thanks everyone for keeping us posted on all the new stuff coming out, it's kind of hard to keep track! :)

But is there a way to get Everything (The Universe) [feat. Lydia Burrell] anywhere else besides itunes???