My Morning Jacket Release Song from ROADIES Soundtrack

Started by ditty, Jul 15, 2016, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ditty

http://www.jambands.com/news/2016/07/15/my-morning-jacket-release-song-from-roadies-soundtrack/

Along with Jim James' appearance in the season finale of Showtime's ROADIES, My Morning Jacket will contibute a new song "The First Time" to the show's soundtrack. The song is available to stream via Apple Music.The full, 16-song tracklist for the official ROADIES soundtrack will be revealed soon, with the full album set for release on August 26. Along with James, others slated to appear in the finale include Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, Nicole Atkins, Robyn Hitchcock and others. ROADIES airs Sundays at 10 PM ET on Showtime.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

CountSA

When I clink on the link within the jambands site it just prompts me to download iTunes which I already have.  I also tried on my phone and it brings me to the song within iTunes but ultimately doesn't play.

Were you able to actually play it?

EDIT:  So you have to be Apple Music subscriber, free 3-month trials are offered.

ditty

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 15, 2016, 12:35 PM
When I clink on the link within the jambands site it just prompts me to download iTunes which I already have.  I also tried on my phone and it brings me to the song within iTunes but ultimately doesn't play.

Were you able to actually play it?

EDIT:  So you have to be Apple Music subscriber, free 3-month trials are offered.

No, I couldn't find it at the time, just the article
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

CountSA

It's mellow/dreamy song, it reminds me a lot of Only Memories Remain.

justbcuzido

I think you have to use Apple Music.. Not just Itunes. Apple Music is their streaming service. There's a free 3 months
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

I hope we can buy this song somehow. I downloaded the 3 month trial of Apple Music to hear it. If you do, make sure at some point you set it to deactivate monthly renewal, else in 3 months you will get charged for it.

But anyway, the music :) It's a Slow jam. A feeling of I Will Sing You Songs + Only Memories. The slow build solo is like how they start off Phone Went West live nowadays.

Needless to say.. It's Hawt

meltingaway

Jim channeling his inner Curtis Mayfield...the guitar has that "Only Memories Remain" sound indeed...

meltingaway

"Magic Bullet" and "The First Time" - I think we're hearing some of the funkier dance tracks that the boys put together during the Waterfall sessions..

justbcuzido

Quote from: meltingaway on Jul 15, 2016, 04:38 PM
"Magic Bullet" and "The First Time" - I think we're hearing some of the funkier dance tracks that the boys put together during the Waterfall sessions..

I feel like Magic Bullet may have been more recent than that given the context/subject matter. The First Time definitely feels like it could've been part of The Waterfall sessions. I remember Jim saying, that they were going to release random songs from those sessions on TV shows and other special one offs, so I imagine there's more to come.

antonio

if anyone finds a way to listen to this without the apple music signup please let me know. thank you!

antonio

Quote from: CC Baxter on Jul 15, 2016, 03:32 PM

as a resident of the Cincinnati area who often laments our lack of shows I am VERY curious if this is an actual curse. anyone have any inside info on "the C word" ?

Brother Beck

Well, they got me.  I loathe signing up for things like Apple Music, but I just had to hear this song.  I would say it was definitely worth the hassle though.  This is a beautiful song.  Very mellow.  Not a rocker at all, but very smooth and hugely enjoyable.  Jim's voice sounds incredible and the guitars are glorious.  Definitely a nice surprise. 

danz

Brother Beck

I don't think you can download, but I am definitely not an expert on it at all.  I believe the set up is you have unlimited streaming access to all of your music, but you don't get to download and actually have any of it. 

When I go to play music in iTunes on my iPhone, the music app shows literally every single song or album I've ever bought in the history of iTunes, but since I am not on wifi in my car I can only play the songs that are actually physically on my phone.  But I can't remember which songs are actually on there when I'm scrolling through in my car and as far as I can figure out there's no way to differentiate them at that point short of making playlists out of everything. 

So I was trying not to be a cranky old man about it and just see if I can enjoy the free trial I downloaded solely to hear this MMJ track...  and lo and behold you have to be connected to wifi to utilize Apple Music so I couldn't even listen to The First Time at work. 

CountSA

You can download in the sense that you can listen offline but you can't save it as an mp3.  Once the subscription is expired you would no longer be able to listen offline as far as I can tell.

Vitz

if someone who has apple music can download audacity and then record the song for us and share it that would be totally awesome

rkwedge

Jim was great on Roadies tonight. He helped the roadies break the curse of someone saying the "C" word (Cincinnati) on the bus.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

justbcuzido

Quote from: Vitz on Jul 17, 2016, 06:46 PM
if someone who has apple music can download audacity and then record the song for us and share it that would be totally awesome

That would be nice. I think I read the OST will be available for purchase at the end of August. So I think in the meantime, this will be the only way to get the song.

Stevie

well, on the bright side, if you get the trial of apple music you can also listen to that song jim did for NASA as well.  So.. i think now it's finally worth the time and effort.