My Morning Jacket Release Song from ROADIES Soundtrack

Started by ditty, Jul 15, 2016, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonio

Quote from: Stevie on Jul 18, 2016, 11:37 PM
well, on the bright side, if you get the trial of apple music you can also listen to that song jim did for NASA as well.  So.. i think now it's finally worth the time and effort.

The difference is I can actually preview and buy the NASA song on iTunes (which I did) whereas with this new song you have to sign up for Apple Music, it's not yet available for sale.

I don't want to support this exclusivity. Music should be for everyone, not just people who are willing to pay Apple a monthly fee. I know the band can't always control stuff like this when they record for something like SHOWTIME but I absolutely can control what I do. Like others who refuse to support WU, this is the hill I am choosing to die on. I look forward to being able to hear or buy the song in another form soon.

APR

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jul 18, 2016, 12:07 PM
Quote from: Vitz on Jul 17, 2016, 06:46 PM
if someone who has apple music can download audacity and then record the song for us and share it that would be totally awesome

That would be nice. I think I read the OST will be available for purchase at the end of August. So I think in the meantime, this will be the only way to get the song.

Yes Vitz that would be awesome.  It is frustrating that my favorite band has a song out for several days and I haven't been able to listen to it yet.  Call me lazy---as I don't want to get apple music....even a free trial.  I have Spotify premium, Sirius XM, etc and don't need another monthly subscription service to download/learn/organize.  You can't please everyone, but I prefer the way they put the other song on Soundcloud.  I read that some people weren't fans of that method because they couldn't download it.

DayDrinkin

Warning about installing apple music: it will overwrite live music stored on iPhone with the studio versions and I could never figure out how to fix it so I went back to Spotify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarkwork

I did the free trial a while back, don't want to sign up again.  ANy other way to hear this??
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

AlwxanderD10

It's finally available for purchase without all that Apple Music bs !

justbcuzido

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Aug 06, 2016, 07:42 PM
It's finally available for purchase without all that Apple Music bs !

Looks like there will be another Jim song released on the official sound track.

"They're All in Love", is credited as a Jim James solo tune. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will be available until the full album drops.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

justbcuzido

Quote from: Bombendr on Aug 18, 2016, 04:35 AM
The only problem with My Morning Jacket is the impossibly awful album art. Every single release is slightly tainted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xo3f93gQXs

ditty

Cd contents.  Info from my local library

Contents:    
I wish I was sober (roadies remix) Are you satisfied (live) Big love (live) The first time Born again teen (live) Longest days (live) Feeling OK (live) Simple man (live) You don't get me high anymore (live) All we ever knew (live soundcheck) They are all in love (live) Sayonara judge (live) Willin' (live) A little crazy (live) The healing (live) Man of the hour (live).
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

ditty

Jim James Performs On 'Roadies'

Showtime drama Roadies will air its first season finale episode this Sunday, August, 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Among the many musicians making cameos in the show's tenth episode is My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James, whose performance can be previewed in a newly posted video.

Roadies executive producer and creator Cameron Crowe also booked Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder, veteran musicians Robyn Hitchcock and Jackson Browne as well as Gary Clark Jr. and Lucius members Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig for the season finale. Vocalist Nicole Atkins and guitarist Scott Metzger also perform together in the episode, a preview of their rendition of "A Little Crazy" can be viewed via this link.

The newly shared preview features James performing the traditional "He Was a Friend of Mine." Watch a brief clip of the solo acoustic performance here:

http://www.jambase.com/article/jim-james-performs-roadies

Tune in to Showtime at 10 p.m. ET/PT this Sunday, August 28 to watch the full Roadies season finale episode.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

WickedMessenger

I had given up on hearing this song because of the Apple Music headache.  Just stumbled on the Roadies soundtrack on Spotify and got to hear it.  Great slow burner, kind of like Memories part 2. The soundtrack also has Jim singing They're All in Love. 

Now how do I find the other song?

justbcuzido

Quote from: WickedMessenger on Aug 31, 2016, 08:17 PM
I had given up on hearing this song because of the Apple Music headache.  Just stumbled on the Roadies soundtrack on Spotify and got to hear it.  Great slow burner, kind of like Memories part 2. The soundtrack also has Jim singing They're All in Love. 

Now how do I find the other song?

There's a third song?