Vinyl Me, Please are reissuing Z

Started by DrDoom, Jul 19, 2016, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Quote from: excel on Jul 20, 2016, 09:21 PM
^Yes it does.

Yeah if you sign up under that screen it gives you the 10 off.

excel

When I follow the link and hit Sign Up it redirects me to this page:

http://vinylmeplease.com/select-your-plan/

After selecting one it does not show any discout. Maybe I am doing something wrong. :embarrassed:

MMJCOBRA

rusty95

I don't think you get a discount on the subscription I believe you get 10$  credit for in store purchases, you could use that for Okonokos.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

Nikkogino

Quote from: rusty95 on Jul 21, 2016, 08:38 AM
I don't think you get a discount on the subscription I believe you get 10$  credit for in store purchases, you could use that for Okonokos.

No, it will go towards your subscription.  They tally up your discount and on the 2nd of the month that your subscription starts they charge your card with the discount deducted.

Example:
You sign up for the 3 month plan ($75) today using a referral code.  On August 2nd, your card will be charged $65.

I joined 3 months ago and this happened to me.

MikeR1390

Quote from: Nikkogino on Jul 21, 2016, 08:45 AM

No, it will go towards your subscription.  They tally up your discount and on the 2nd of the month that your subscription starts they charge your card with the discount deducted.

Example:
You sign up for the 3 month plan ($75) today using a referral code.  On August 2nd, your card will be charged $65.

Looks like you can use it in the store or on the subscription. "If/when your friends click your link and sign up, you'll get an email notification saying you've earned some Bonus Referral credits! Those will be added to your account, to be used towards your next Subscription charge, or Store purchase!"

https://vinylmeplease.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/referring-friends-to-vinyl-me-please

Either way, Nikko, I'm sure you'll have a few credits in there. Just signed up with your link! :thumbsup:

Nikkogino

Quote from: MikeR1390 on Jul 21, 2016, 09:22 AM
Quote from: Nikkogino on Jul 21, 2016, 08:45 AM

Example:

Looks like you can use it in the store or on the subscription. "If/when your friends click your link and sign up, you'll get an email notification saying you've earned some Bonus Referral credits! Those will be added to your account, to be used towards your next Subscription charge, or Store purchase!"

https://vinylmeplease.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/referring-friends-to-vinyl-me-please

Either way, Nikko, I'm sure you'll have a few credits in there. Just signed up with your link! :thumbsup:

Thanks bro!  Yes, so once the credits go in your queue, if you buy something prior to Aug 2nd, it will apply to that purchase.  If you wait til the 2nd, it will go to your subscription.  Either way, great deal, great club.  I signed up for weezer's Pinkerton, but the last two releases have been stellar---"Wells Fargo" and "Badbadnotgood."

Oh, and lastly, if you do a 3 month or yearly subscription and they release a vinyl that isn't your cup of tea, you get a certain number of "swaps" depending on length of membership.  For example if you get the 3 month membership for Z, and the next release is a classic Creed or Nickelback LP (jokes but you get the idea), there will be an email sent to you announcing the release.  In that email will be a "swap" link and you can choose from around 10-15 of the previous VMP exclusives.  They are really good at picking great releases though so I have never had to do it....it is just a nice little feature.

Again, if you have the money, at least try for a 3 month.  It's a fun club and each month is like Christmas hoping the next release is a good one.  Imagine my surprise when my 2 favorite bands (Weezer, MMJ) were picked within 4 months of each other!  I'm holding out hope for a Sigur Ros or Kishi Bashi release down the road.

excel

So if I want to sign up for just 1 month to get the MMJ vinyl can I still get the $10 off? Unfortunately I don't have the money to sign up for the 3 month subscription. I barely have enough money to sign up for the 1 month. :(

Nikkogino

Yes, it would work for 1 month.  Your total would show as $27 and then the $10 would be applied when they charge your card on the 2nd....your card will be charged $17.

excel

I think there might be an issue with my private messaging. If you could email me the referral that would be great. Thanks

ssrs1@live.ca

Nikkogino

Quote from: excel on Jul 21, 2016, 03:58 PM
I think there might be an issue with my private messaging. If you could email me the referral that would be great. Thanks

ssrs1@live.ca
Done

excel

Thanks so much for trying but it doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada. It doesn't matter which direction I go. Both the link and the email initially direct me towards a friend referral page and there are multiple Sign Up and Join links. I tried them all and they just lead me back to the generic Choose Your Plan page. There is a field to enter a discount code at the checkout screen but no code in the email.

I guess I'll be paying full price unfortunately which is $55 Canadian with the exchange and international shipping charge :angry:

Still 100% worth it of course  :happy:

Nikkogino

Quote from: excel on Jul 21, 2016, 05:15 PM
Thanks so much for trying but it doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada. It doesn't matter which direction I go. Both the link and the email initially direct me towards a friend referral page and there are multiple Sign Up and Join links. I tried them all and they just lead me back to the generic Choose Your Plan page. There is a field to enter a discount code at the checkout screen but no code in the email.

I guess I'll be paying full price unfortunately which is $55 Canadian with the exchange and international shipping charge :angry:

Still 100% worth it of course  :happy:
Check PM

Nikkogino

For those of you signing up, are y'all doing the 1 month or a 3/12?  Just curious because I am hooked on this club and wondering if I should start a VMP thread on the "other music" forum.  It will be fun for those of us who are members to discuss the releases when they announce.

btragno

Quote from: Nikkogino on Jul 23, 2016, 08:36 AM
For those of you signing up, are y'all doing the 1 month or a 3/12?  Just curious because I am hooked on this club and wondering if I should start a VMP thread on the "other music" forum.  It will be fun for those of us who are members to discuss the releases when they announce.

Just signed up for 3 months. Definitely like the idea of a thread like that.

Nikkogino

Quote from: btragno on Jul 24, 2016, 10:42 AM
Quote from: Nikkogino on Jul 23, 2016, 08:36 AM

Just signed up for 3 months. Definitely like the idea of a thread like that.

Cool, done.

ryno11111

I just signed up via the link provided and it works as intended.   The signup page that you are directed to is a bit misleading, but it does indeed provide $10 off.   I just received an email from Vinyl Me Please immediately after signing up stating that "We wanted to let you know we received your referral(s)! Any referrals now earn both the referrer and referee $10 in VMP Account Credit. This will be automatically applied to your next VMP account charge whether that be a member store purchase or membership renewal charge. All credits will be deducted from a purchase/subscription fee when the transaction occurs."    

Anyways, thanks for the heads up on the Z re-release.   Looking forward to it.

itrainmonkeys

Just signed up the other day. Been meaning to get on something like this and have wanted to but the unique release of Z definitely pushed me over the edge. Signed up for the 3-month plan so I'm hoping the next two are solid.

I have too many versions of MMJ records. Original/reissues + picture discs + secondary copies of Circuital, Z, and soon Okonokos.

I love it.

Nikkogino

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Aug 02, 2016, 05:45 PM
Just signed up the other day. Been meaning to get on something like this and have wanted to but the unique release of Z definitely pushed me over the edge. Signed up for the 3-month plan so I'm hoping the next two are solid.

I have too many versions of MMJ records. Original/reissues + picture discs + secondary copies of Circuital, Z, and soon Okonokos.

I love it.

Haha I have too many too.  Weezer's Pinkerton got me to sign up and I stayed on after getting 2 records I would have never found on my own (Wells Fargo & badbadnotgood), which I love.  The club forces you to listen to acts you may have heard of but never gave a shot because you are invested.  I've spewed enough about it, but I really enjoy it.  I started a thread on the other music forum to discuss releases.  We should find out what next month's is in a couple weeks. 

MikeR1390

Just an FYI for those of you looking to use credit or buy Okonokos from VMP, it is sold out! I emailed them to see if they would be restocking but they were 95% sure they would not be receiving anymore copies.