Vinyl Me Please Discussion (Album of the month reactions & guesses)

Started by Nikkogino, Jul 24, 2016, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Now that a bunch of us are members of this club with the inclusion of Z as August's album of the month, this thread will be for discussing anything VMP related....album of the month reactions, guesses, etc.

excel

I sent them an email regarding the referral you gave me. Still haven't heard back...

Nikkogino

Quote from: excel on Jul 26, 2016, 02:53 PM
I sent them an email regarding the referral you gave me. Still haven't heard back...
Sign in to the website: https://app.vinylmeplease.com
On the top right menu, go to "my account."  At the very top it should have "Account Credits," right above "member since."  If you still have $0, they may not have applied it yet.  They seem to be a little slow lately responding (I emailed them about something else and haven't heard back.).

kotchishm

I've been a member for about two years now and loved most of their selections (and the member store). There has honestly only been one "miss" in that whole time. I hated Torres' "Sprinter"
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Nikkogino

Quote from: kotchishm on Jul 28, 2016, 09:15 AM
I've been a member for about two years now and loved most of their selections (and the member store). There has honestly only been one "miss" in that whole time. I hated Torres' "Sprinter"
What did you think of Wells Fargo?  I loved it.

Nikkogino

So next month's album is supposed to be in the rock genre but with a funky vibe to it.  It has also been described as being "liquid."  There are some other hints on the VMP forum.

Clarkwork

I signed back up this month for obvious reasons, was a member a while a go for 3 months and got 3 albums i've never listened to.  Hoping for some good ones since I did a 3 month deal again this time.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Clarkwork

Quote from: kotchishm on Jul 28, 2016, 09:15 AM

That was one I got as well.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Nikkogino

Close to the reveal for September's AOTM.  Looks like Glass Animals' new one is the favorite.  We shall see...

Nikkogino

And it is Glass Animals.  The reviews are great so far.  Here is one that I think does a good job of describing the album:
http://www.soundfiction.net/2016/08/24/album-review-glass-animals-human