Johnny Fritz's new album (Produced by Jim)

Started by justbcuzido, Aug 09, 2016, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

Apparently Jim produced this album, and got Taylor Goldsmith from Dawes to help play on it. As I say all the time, Jim is EVERYWHERE

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/premieres/hear-jonny-fritzs-hypnotic-compassionate-are-you-thirsty-w433391
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

MMJTX

this is amazing. I love Jonny Fritz, Dad Country is a great album. I'm so bummed I'm going to miss him and Jamestown Revival in Houston later this year. Two extremely great bands.
Anytime

justbcuzido

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 09, 2016, 04:01 PM
this is amazing. I love Jonny Fritz, Dad Country is a great album. I'm so bummed I'm going to miss him and Jamestown Revival in Houston later this year. Two extremely great bands.

I've never heard of him before this, so I will definitely have to check more of his stuff out. I see he's coming to Austin in November so I may have to go

Cameron

I've been a fan and known Jonny a little for 6 or 7 years. I ran into Jim 5 years ago when he was playing ACL fest with Monsters of Folk and I was wearing a shirt that Jonny had airbrushed for me. Jim mentioned how cool it was and I told him a guy named Jonny Corndawg made it and he should check out his music. He kind of chuckled at the name. Full circle.

Dawes was Jonny's backing band on his last album.

Derek713

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 11, 2016, 04:55 PM
I've been a fan and known Jonny a little for 6 or 7 years. I ran into Jim 5 years ago when he was playing ACL fest with Monsters of Folk and I was wearing a shirt that Jonny had airbrushed for me. Jim mentioned how cool it was and I told him a guy named Jonny Corndawg made it and he should check out his music. He kind of chuckled at the name. Full circle.

Awe man...I didn't realize that Fritz was Corndog. I saw him play with Middle Brother at SXSW on year.

Murph

I loved Dad Country.  Jim really is everywhere.  I think Middle Brother (including Fritz) and Monsters of Folk should set out on tour together.

Cameron

Quote from: Derek713 on Aug 11, 2016, 05:07 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Aug 11, 2016, 04:55 PM

Awe man...I didn't realize that Fritz was Corndog. I saw him play with Middle Brother at SXSW on year.

Yep. He switched to his real name to try to be taken more seriously. I'll be at the Austin show as well.

MMJTX

Haha that's an awesome story Cameron. Really wish I could see Jonny and Jamestown Revival (saw them in 2014, can't wait for their new album), enjoy the show!
Anytime

Cameron

Out today.  Really good.  I like Jim's touches.

dookie shoot bandit

This album is AMAZING!!!!

Just listened three times all the way thru!!!!

Cameron

Just found out Jonny is playing a small show in Austin tonight so I'll be seeing him later.

subinai

Quote from: Cameron on Oct 14, 2016, 05:38 PM
Just found out Jonny is playing a small show in Austin tonight so I'll be seeing him later.

at the billy reid store? ha, i was there!

Cameron