Just Like the Best Songs Ever

Started by KarateDreamzShoNuff, Aug 13, 2016, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarateDreamzShoNuff

So you all seem groovy enough, so what are the best songs? I'm talking like real songs that you can tell are just pulled from the ether--so good they don't even belong to anyone cause one person claiming ownership over something that magical would be straight devil (in the bad way). Here's my thoughts (in no particular order listed from best to best):

1. "Ramble Tamble" by CCR--This should be obvious. Also in contention are most other CCR songs, but this is the meanest one and I can't just give the whole list to J. Fogerty!!!

2. "Saturday Sun" by Nick Drake--Yeah, yeah, yeah, Pink Moon, you're fairly fair, but true love knows Five Leaves Left is the truest love and this is its crowning achievement.

3. "Heroes" by David Bowie--Yeah, but would I have put this on here before he passed? OF COURSE I WOULD HAVE, YOU NEVER HEARD THIS SONG OR SOMETHING?

4. "She's a Rainbow" by Rolling Stones--Only reason Galileo invented the piano in the first place was so someone could write this song basically.

5. "State of the Art (VOWELS)" by Jim James--Mr. James is well acquainted with the aforementioned ether, but this is the etheriest. This is like Apple released a new update for the ether into this century and Jim was the first one to download it cause he had his ether hooked straight into the router instead of depending on the wireless signal, so he got the full 50 MBPS that Time Warner promised.

6. "Pretty Pimpin" by Kurt Vile--Kurt Vile is such an archetype of so many people I know (NOT AN INSULT ARCHETYPES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ONE OF MY FAVORITE NOVELS) and the only reason Galileo invented that archetype in the first place was so this song could be made.

7. "That's the Way It Is" by Mariah Carey--POP PERFECTION. Now if someone could just perfect SNAP and CRACKLE, we'd be in business.

8. "Electrolite" by R.E.M.--Hands down the hands downsiest song since hands down. WOULD YOU BELIEVE I THOUGHT HE MEANT JIMMY DEAN LIKE THE SAUSAGES??

What else you all got? Please, real songs only. Please, contribute, I want to see what the ether looks like to others!
Registration makes you spell 'acoustic' backwards?? That's bonkers. I'm naming my kid Citsouca-KDSN

LBSUNFLWR

iLikeBeer

Within Your Reach - The Replacements

LBSUNFLWR

Crispy

In the Yard, Behind the Church - Eels
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

APR

LBSUNFLWR

think it'd be cool to keep this going and then I will just make a mix with all the songs mentioned, minus the Mariah Carey of course. :)

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

KarateDreamzShoNuff

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 22, 2016, 02:11 PM
think it'd be cool to keep this going and then I will just make a mix with all the songs mentioned, minus the Mariah Carey of course. :)

Your loss haha
Registration makes you spell 'acoustic' backwards?? That's bonkers. I'm naming my kid Citsouca-KDSN

walterfredo