Songs/Bands You Don't Get

Started by KarateDreamzShoNuff, Aug 13, 2016, 12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmpotsy

Quote from: dogwoody on Aug 17, 2016, 07:02 PM
I've just never been able to get into Bob Dylan. I like Lay Lady Lay, Man in Me, and Hurricane, but other than those three songs I just don't really see it. He has a huge amount of songs that makes it kind of overwhelming when trying to figure where to start with him.

Start with Blood on the Tracks and listen to it 4 or 5 times... youll see.  then move to Blonde on Blonde.  after that the rest is gravy.  dont listen to dylan songs, listen to dylan albums.
out go the lights it begins

bartel

basically the entire jam band scene is beyond me. I just don't get it. The music doesn't catch me.

MMJTX

I used to be the same way about Jam bands, but I will say most are something you truly need to experience live before you get it. I had that experience with STS9 (a lot different than you Phish or Widespread's) but I couldn't listen to them in the car or at home but seeing them live was eye-opening, I really enjoyed it. I think it's safe to say the Phish and Widespread fans would agree with me.
Anytime

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 24, 2016, 12:01 PM
I used to be the same way about Jam bands, but I will say most are something you truly need to experience live before you get it. I had that experience with STS9 (a lot different than you Phish or Widespread's) but I couldn't listen to them in the car or at home but seeing them live was eye-opening, I really enjoyed it. I think it's safe to say the Phish and Widespread fans would agree with me.

a lot different in a worse way to me. My boyfriend is really the die-hard Widespread Panic fan and I have gone along for all the shows the last few years. Didn't take me long at all to appreciate their talent and the fun times being had by all at their shows. I have now been to 12 Panic shows and really like them a lot.

I finally agreed to go see Phish this summer after saying no to going along the last several years, and I liked it more than I was expecting. I usually find Trey's voice, and a lot of their songs, annoying but the show I went to this summer was pretty great. So I agreed to take a trip in October for a 2 night run.

But STS9 is just not for me. The show I went to last year was heavy on the electronics and I just can't get into that. I need guitars and songs with words and melody. This was just noise to me, and annoying noise at that. I have been told they aren't always like that, and I think we got some of the good stuff at beginning of the show...but the night just took a turn to a crazy electronic dance party and I was not into it at all.

MMJTX

ya maybe STS9 was a bad example. haha. I enjoy a little electronic music here and there so I had a good time. But you'll be hard pressed to find me not enjoying live music!
Anytime

LBSUNFLWR

I hear ya. But I probably won't be going to any more Sound Tribe shows! :)