I just saw Jim

Started by kyle_s9, Aug 17, 2016, 02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyle_s9

But I didn't say anything. I was so starstruck. Maybe because I wasn't expecting it.

It was at Courtney Marie Andrews and Johnathon Rice at the bootleg theatre. No more than 40 people there. In walks Jim and stands right next to me. I didn't want to draw attention, and he was with a date, so I thought I'd ask him for a photo on his way out,  as soon it gets quiet between songs.

But then he quickly left only after 2 songs. It fealt so surreal, especially as I'm on vacation from Toronto. I guess he lives in silver lake now?

Ok thats it, just wanted to share :)

dogwoody

Haha, that's awesome. I would also be way too nervous to talk to him, afraid I'd come off as annoying or something. In his interview on the Brian Koppelman podcast a few months ago, Brian ask him about what it feels like to have fans come up to him on the street or something, and Jim said it's just kind of weird especially when you're eating with your family at a restaurant or something.

I think he's just a person who really doesn't care about fame but at the same time really does truly appreciate it when fans come up to him and shares their love for him.

I heard a story (I think it was on this forum) that a guy shared and said he saw Jim at an airport and asked for a picture, and tried to take a selfie with him. The guy was really nervous and shaking so much that he couldn't get a good picture, so Jim smiled and told him that he'll help him and snap the picture himself.

He's a genuinely good dude, and have 100% seriously never heard a negative story about him anywhere. It's like he's a rock star, modern day version of Mr. Rogers.

justbcuzido

Quote from: dogwoody on Aug 17, 2016, 06:42 PM
It's like he's a rock star, modern day version of Mr. Rogers.

That may be the best line about Jim ever. If I ever meet him and can form a sentence, I may tell him that.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

gardenparty

I've heard of like 5 "Jim was at a show in LA" stories this month.  Troub, Greek, Bootleg, etc

Dudes getting out there for the live music.  Gotta love it!