New Jim James Solo Album - Eternally Even

Started by justbcuzido, Sep 19, 2016, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

Jim Keltner has to be 1000 years old by now :shocked: I know the name from his work with George Harrison back in the early 70's.

justbcuzido

Quote from: slappymoe on Nov 08, 2016, 06:58 AM
Jim Keltner has to be 1000 years old by now :shocked: I know the name from his work with George Harrison back in the early 70's.

He was everywhere in the early 70's and beyond. He has done work with every Beatle
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

what a surprise, getting an Indie Variant through someone other than Wonderful Union is about $10 cheaper than Jim's site. Add in the outrageous shipping and it's a no brainer to not support WU.

http://www.amoeba.com/eternally-even-gold-vinyl-lp-jim-james/albums/3896883/

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Stevie

Haha, someone is feeling the inspiration.  Awesome stuff, Mr. white!

bowwowmeowmeow

I've also had many issues with Wonderful Union over the years. Has anybody ever reached out to Jim or someone else in his organization? Because they are a horrible representation of the band. In the last 4 years, I have had to open 10 "Requests" due to issues with my orders.

So I should not have been surprised when I pre-ordered the Eternally Even download and not only was it not immediately available on the day of the release -- How hard could that be to plan? -- but I received a 192kbps download instead of the advertised 320kbps. I wouldn't even have bothered ordering it for $11.29 (including tax) since it's cheaper elsewhere online, but I figured it'd be worth it for better quality and I'm likely contributing more money to Jim by buying "direct".

I messaged Wonderful Union about this error with the download, messaged them again over several days when I didn't hear back, and finally decided to call them. They told me that the bit rate for the download was never advertised, and since they had taken the page down from their website I couldn't really argue with them. Then I found a cached version of the original page and sure enough, it clearly states 320kbps. They finally caved after more messages, but seriously, how can a company like this suck so bad??

In case you too received the lower quality download with your vinyl or other order, I suggest you contact Wonderful Union and refer to this original link:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zcj3T6VxllcJ:jimjames.com/store/product/eternally-even-digital-download+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

excel

the world's smiling now is a masterpiece

APR

Quote from: bowwowmeowmeow on Nov 10, 2016, 04:03 PM
I've also had many issues with Wonderful Union over the years. Has anybody ever reached out to Jim or someone else in his organization? Because they are a horrible representation of the band. In the last 4 years, I have had to open 10 "Requests" due to issues with my orders.

So I should not have been surprised when I pre-ordered the Eternally Even download and not only was it not immediately available on the day of the release -- How hard could that be to plan? -- but I received a 192kbps download instead of the advertised 320kbps. I wouldn't even have bothered ordering it for $11.29 (including tax) since it's cheaper elsewhere online, but I figured it'd be worth it for better quality and I'm likely contributing more money to Jim by buying "direct".

I messaged Wonderful Union about this error with the download, messaged them again over several days when I didn't hear back, and finally decided to call them. They told me that the bit rate for the download was never advertised, and since they had taken the page down from their website I couldn't really argue with them. Then I found a cached version of the original page and sure enough, it clearly states 320kbps. They finally caved after more messages, but seriously, how can a company like this suck so bad??

In case you too received the lower quality download with your vinyl or other order, I suggest you contact Wonderful Union and refer to this original link:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zcj3T6VxllcJ:jimjames.com/store/product/eternally-even-digital-download+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This is not at all surprising.  Unfortunate that we've all had issues with WU but still often try to do the right thing by buying directly assuming it's better financially for MMJ.   After WU lets everyone down and everyone then buys elsewhere, maybe someone in the higher ups of MMJ will Get The Point.

d_wil

I don't know about y'all, bu this album has really helped me cope with the events of the last week. It gets better each time I listen. While SOL may have been Jim's contribution for the "musicians for a Drumpf-free America," I feel like HIS will be the song that resonates with me most moving forward.

"We're down on our knees picking up the scraps. Whatever it takes we're gonna build it back. If you don't speak out, we can't hear it. Our love is always here..."

Looking forward to catching him in Birmingham! Wish he was touring with the Roots because that Fallon performance was :thumbsup:

MMJCOBRA

jimsflyingv

Not really a fan of the new record, I hope the new MMJ will have more guitars on it and will be more "Rock and Roll" like Jim said.....but with him you never know. Which is something really cool and really frustrating at the same time but it makes Jim James one of the most interesting artists of our time. He is like our Dylan but happy and friendly :-)

CountSA

Although I think the official vinyl release date is 12/16, I found it at my local store yesterday, so they are starting to circulate.

subinai

Quote from: CountSA on Dec 12, 2016, 01:21 PM
Although I think the official vinyl release date is 12/16, I found it at my local store yesterday, so they are starting to circulate.

Waterloo in Austin confirmed they have it.

kotchishm

Pretty sure mine shipped yesterday.

Though I can't find any concrete info, it appears Vinyl Me, Please will have a limited run pink version

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Nikkogino

Quote from: kotchishm on Dec 14, 2016, 07:55 PM

Pretty sure mine shipped yesterday.

Though I can't find any concrete info, it appears Vinyl Me, Please will have a limited run pink version

Shhhhhhh

subinai

mine didnt have a download code. same for anyone else?

CountSA

Quote from: subinai on Dec 15, 2016, 09:49 AM

Same - well that SUCKS!  If you buy from Amazon you get a free download - so if you go and support a local record store you being punished.

justbcuzido

Quote from: subinai on Dec 15, 2016, 09:49 AM

My Indie variant also didn't have a download code.

Anyone down to share a digital version of this album?