New Jim James Solo Album - Eternally Even

Started by justbcuzido, Sep 19, 2016, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Got this one Tuesday at my local record store in Louisville (Guestroom Records). Not my photo but mine looks like this one.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

buymycar

d_wil

Looks so good!! Going to pick one up in Birmingham before the show. Are all copies in gold or are they limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. White

I think I read that the gold ones were limited to 1,000 (not sure on that number though) and were only available at independent record stores (pretty sure about being only at independent stores). Guestroom Records in Louisville, CD Central in Lexington, Grimey's in Nashville, and the like, are your best bets for this one.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MMJTX

Did anyone find any signed copies that were also gold?
Anytime

briand1313

Jim James 'Eternally Even' (Hot Pink Vinyl, LTD to 500)  is available at the Vinyl Me please Store.  I believe you have to be a member to buy.  I thought maybe since the record of the month a couple months ago was Z there might be a few here who have bought memberships and wanted to share.

Nikkogino

I got my VMP pink and they are still available.  VMP only allows you to buy 1 copy.

itrainmonkeys

So uhh......I just got a vinyl of this from Wonderful Union today. The only thing is....I'm pretty sure I didn't order it. I see nothing in my email or my Roll Call orders page. Is this the first time a screwup from WU has benefited me?

kotchishm

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Dec 22, 2016, 07:14 PM
So uhh......I just got a vinyl of this from Wonderful Union today. The only thing is....I'm pretty sure I didn't order it. I see nothing in my email or my Roll Call orders page. Is this the first time a screwup from WU has benefited me?

I also couldn't find confirmation anywhere. I did, however, order it for sure. Only info I ever got was the tracking number randomly when it was shipped.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

PookdaddyG

Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 17, 2016, 11:49 AM
I think I read that the gold ones were limited to 1,000 (not sure on that number though) and were only available at independent record stores (pretty sure about being only at independent stores). Guestroom Records in Louisville, CD Central in Lexington, Grimey's in Nashville, and the like, are your best bets for this one.

There are a decent amount still at Guestroom last time I was in there.

Nikkogino

Fritz

Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of low/bass frequencies on the vinyl pressing? This problem has been noted to occur on both the EU Black and US Gold pressings.

Does anyone here have the US Black and/or US Pink pressings that they could compare to the digital version of the album and post results?

It's quite noticeable when listening through headphones or decent speakers. The bass drum lacks any life or oomph whatsoever. Sounds more like someone kicking a cardboard box.

Nikkogino

This album keeps growing on me.  So good.

Lucius

I must admit this album has grown on me hugely also. The World's Smiling Now and In The Moment are both very sexy. I need to get my hands on a coloured vinyl they look beautiful! Where's the best place in the UK to get these does anyone know?
it wouldn't be a party without you

Nikkogino

Quote from: Lucius on Jan 20, 2017, 05:31 PM
I must admit this album has grown on me hugely also. The World's Smiling Now and In The Moment are both very sexy. I need to get my hands on a coloured vinyl they look beautiful! Where's the best place in the UK to get these does anyone know?
Gold seems to be still out there.  Pink was limited to 300 and is sold out.

Fritz

Don't bother with the vinyl. As mentioned above, there was an error in the source provided to the mastering engineer, resulting in a complete lack of low/bass frequencies on the vinyl pressing. This issue exists on all different versions.

Stevie

Quote from: Fritz on Jan 23, 2017, 11:07 AM
Don't bother with the vinyl. As mentioned above, there was an error in the source provided to the mastering engineer, resulting in a complete lack of low/bass frequencies on the vinyl pressing. This issue exists on all different versions.

Really?  How in the world does that even happen?  On every single vinyl pressed this occurs?  Unbelievable...  what happened to test pressings?

Fritz

Quote from: Stevie on Feb 02, 2017, 08:58 PM
Quote from: Fritz on Jan 23, 2017, 11:07 AM

Really?  How in the world does that even happen?  On every single vinyl pressed this occurs?  Unbelievable...  what happened to test pressings?

Someone dropped the ball. It's a shame that all of the variants are from the same master cut. Maybe Jim will catch wind and they can repress with a corrected mastering.

jimsflyingv

It took me awhile and several times listening to it but I dig it now, although I like the second half of the album much better than the first....."the world is smiling now" is my favorite track

parkervb

heard "The World is Smiling Now" on the show This Is Us, the episode this week.
Don't you ever turn it off