New Jim James Solo Album - Eternally Even

Started by justbcuzido, Sep 19, 2016, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinstonLegthigh

Digging it. In terms of first singles, it took me longer to warm up to A New Life. I still haven't warmed up to Big Decisions from The Waterfall.

jimsflyingv

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Sep 30, 2016, 05:04 PM
Listening to the Pioneertown show and holllyyyyy fuq, this album is gonna be good.
Can you tell us a little bit more ??

walterfredo

excel

Quote from: WinstonLegthigh on Oct 03, 2016, 03:47 PM
Digging it. In terms of first singles, it took me longer to warm up to A New Life. I still haven't warmed up to Big Decisions from The Waterfall.

That's because Big Decisions is a bad song. In my opinion :)

AlwxanderD10

The bass line in 'Hide in Plain Sight' is so dang good.

justbcuzido

Quote from: excel on Oct 05, 2016, 03:46 PM
Quote from: WinstonLegthigh on Oct 03, 2016, 03:47 PM

Could be why they stopped playing it already. Also, it's a song co-written with someone else, so maybe Jim doesn't feel it as well cause it's not all him.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

WinstonLegthigh

Yeah, that's more or less what I meant. It's pretty terrible, and an unfortunate choice not just as the lead single, but for inclusion on an album.

sillyboob

Quote from: WinstonLegthigh on Oct 06, 2016, 11:43 AM

Yeah, that's more or less what I meant. It's pretty terrible, and an unfortunate choice not just as the lead single, but for inclusion on an album.

I must be in the minority here, but I like Big Decisions.  I think it's a good song.  Loved hearing it in Mexico.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: sillyboob on Oct 07, 2016, 12:59 PM
Quote from: WinstonLegthigh on Oct 06, 2016, 11:43 AM

I must be in the minority here, but I like Big Decisions.  I think it's a good song.  Loved hearing it in Mexico.

I'm with you on this.
I like this song as well. I was disappointed this fell off the rotation during the Waterfall tour

Come Closer

Big Decisions over Believe any day of the week.

btragno

Quote from: Osistheones on Oct 08, 2016, 10:30 AM
Big Decisions over Believe any day of the week.

Totally with you on this.

johnnYYac

Big Decisions is disadvantaged by being the first track from a new album, so there was a lot of pressure on it. lots of expectations heaped upon it.  I was there for its debut in Mexico/OBH2, and played it repeatedly until we got more of the album to digest.  I can't say its my favorite, but its a hell of a lot better than some of the pap that's put out by other so-called rock bands.  It reminds me of how I feel about I'm Amazed.  Both BD and IA were sometimes awful played live, other times epic. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

Stevie

After listening to that Pappy and Harriet's recording a few times I'm of the opinion that the new material is spectacular. What a pleasant surprise that I should not have been surprised about

dookie shoot bandit

Here in Spirit now available on iTunes

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

oistheone

After four listens, "Here In Spirit" is blowing me away. The track is taking me places both musically and spiritually. And I'm listening to it at work.

The first two singles off EE are leading me to believe I will dig this album immensely.

Santo

RobRoy286

Lesgooo!! Loved Here In Spirit when I first heard the live recording. Studio is just as good as I expected. This album is going to be amazing.