New Jim James Solo Album - Eternally Even

Started by justbcuzido, Sep 19, 2016, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sb_gli

Here in Spirit is awesome.  Do I hear Erykah Badu?  Really excited for this album.

Stevie

Wow!  The studio version is reallllllly good.  Same Old Lie is alright but didnt really move me.  Everything else I have heard from the album is great.  Should be a great tour. 

CountSA

The vinyl is finally up on Amazon for pre-order at $33.

Nikkogino

Quote from: CountSA on Oct 24, 2016, 03:48 PM

Awesome.  I had asked on his Instagram how to buy it outside of Wonderful Union and my post got deleted.  I understand why but it just pisses me off.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Nikkogino on Oct 24, 2016, 07:31 PM

Awesome.  I had asked on his Instagram how to buy it outside of Wonderful Union and my post got deleted.  I understand why but it just pisses me off.

My similar post was deleted off the Jim James FB page.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Nikkogino

Quote from: justbcuzido on Oct 25, 2016, 10:10 AM

I know it's not Jim doing the deleting, but still sucks.  Hopefully his team is getting the message.  Literally everyone hates Wonderful Union on here and that's a shame.  I want Jim to make as much $$$ as possible, but I am done with WU.

MMJTX

Anytime

MOWJO8185

Max5130

Stevie

okay, love the album, but why does Jim sound like he's singing with a retainer in his mouth on some of these songs?  i find it funny more than anything. 

Come Closer

Guess I'll be the dissenter, not enough interesting moments for me.

kotchishm

Quote from: Nikkogino on Oct 25, 2016, 01:48 PM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Oct 25, 2016, 10:10 AM

I know it's not Jim doing the deleting, but still sucks.  Hopefully his team is getting the message.  Literally everyone hates Wonderful Union on here and that's a shame.  I want Jim to make as much $$$ as possible, but I am done with WU.

Yep done with Wonderful Union and their $900 shipping as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

sb_gli

Quote from: Stevie on Oct 27, 2016, 07:09 PM
okay, love the album, but why does Jim sound like he's singing with a retainer in his mouth on some of these songs?  i find it funny more than anything. 

Haha, came here to post the same thing... What's up with the marbles in his mouth?

Cameron

Quote from: Osistheones on Oct 27, 2016, 09:22 PM
Guess I'll be the dissenter, not enough interesting moments for me.

sort of agree.  i'll put it on in the background for reading or cooking but i can't see myself really jamming to this very often.

maybe it'll be different after i see it live.

oistheone

Good lord, "True Nature" and "In The Moment" might be the flat-out funkiest back-to-back Jim's ever put on wax. Those are grooves so deep, I could pack up my family and move in. It's like the Meters backing Curtis Mayfield through the filter of Black Dynamite. JAXploitation baby!

MyRunningShoes

Just been listening to it. The guitar at the end of The World's Smiling Now sounded a lot like It Still Moves era guitar. I like that. Oh man

Jbpats

Enjoying Jim's new album, although it has taken a few listens to really get it..
Gotta say though of the 2016 solo releases, Carl's is the better of the two in my opinion, at least at this stage.

Murph

Jim and band taped a live session today for my favorite radio station, WFUV.  They're usually only around 30-40 mins and include a nice chat with some live songs.  It should be streaming in the next few days.  I'll include a link when I see one.. 

For now, check out all the other ones: http://www.wfuv.org/discover

CountSA