Favourite guitar solo !?

Started by darizzzla, Sep 22, 2016, 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darizzzla

favourite guitar solo ?!

Personal fav. : Lay low

KarateDreamzShoNuff

Yeah, when I saw the title of the post, I immediately went to Lay Low. That one deserves all the renown and recognition we can muster
Registration makes you spell 'acoustic' backwards?? That's bonkers. I'm naming my kid Citsouca-KDSN

dogwoody

I personally believe Duane Allman's spirit descended from the Heavens and into Carl's body during the Okonokos Xmas Curtain.

darizzzla

i was refearing to MMJ solo's ,but yeah let me hear that link it up please @dogwoody  :thumbsup:

AlwxanderD10

Lollapalooza 2011 Dondante.
MSG NYE 2008 Move on up.

RobRoy286

Slow Slow Tune.

Blew me away my first time seeing them at Bonnaroo 2011.

MyRunningShoes

I've always loved the ending of Mahgeetah. Right after Jim scream "i've been waiting on the boat here i've been waiting so long" till the very end.

hendo9591

War Begun hands down so haunting. Lay low, Magheeta, Thank You too, Dondante, Spring are up there for me as well but that's just off the top of my head.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

BH

You know though, what really makes Laylow so good is the fact that it's not a solo, it's a DUO!!! 
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

darizzzla

@BH spot on. still great yeah

rkwedge

This is like picking which one of your kids you love the most. Two of my favs are already up here War Begun and Off the Record I'd throw a couple sleepers in there too The Bear and Gideon
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

johnnYYac

Quote from: darizzzla on Sep 23, 2016, 01:17 AM
i was refearing to MMJ solo's ,but yeah let me hear that link it up please @dogwoody  :thumbsup:
Oh, that IS most definitely a MMJ solo.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

darizzzla

didnt know of this live ses , thx  :thumbsup:

johnnYYac

Quote from: darizzzla on Sep 24, 2016, 11:29 PM
didnt know of this live ses , thx  :thumbsup:
You NEED to get Okonokos.  Its a live recording of late 2005 performances.  Its available as a 4xLP box set, 2-CDs, and also on DVD.  Should be easy to find copies via Amazon or eBay.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

excel

subinai

Lonndown27

i always wish Carl would rip his solo section in Dancefloors, instead of playing it a little bluesier and quieter before Jim comes flying into his part. Dancefloors, when it's rippin, is beyond anything.

Phone Went West, Red Rocks 8/4/2012! THE VERSION of PWW, the greatest ever, still have yet to hear one that tops it (or even close to be honest and I heard the Beacon one and RR2015's wasn't as good as it could've been, same with RR2016, albeit it's hard to fuck with perfection, which PWW/RR2012 WAS, I was lucky to hear this version two days earlier in SLC and it was DIVINE). The guitars are just wailing and climbing higher and higher up the neck at ALL the right parts. It's really Jacket playing for their lives, playing at the dawn of the apocalypse...just literal MAGIC.

Lay Low is a totally duh moment for them, it's probably the greatest guitar solo, as far as arrangement, note selection and emotional build, since the 70s. I've seen it live before and it was.....good god....Jim went nuts...it was an 8 and a half minute version and he just kept going and going and going...Carl was right there with him every step of the way, but it was beautiful how they'd veer off on their own thing while coming back to unite the notes.

The heavy reverb and delay on the explosive guitar notes in Slow Slow Tune are just orgasmic. I WOULD call that a solo.

Masterplan should be longer so we can hear Carl just absolutely break his Blackie Les Paul, the only version I've felt was adequate (meaning they actually go to the full frontier of the Masterplan end jam and let Carl wail) was the ACL 2016 episode! I was so shocked and surprised, because usually Jim cuts him short, usually RIGHT AS HE'S WAILING TOO...sometimes I see Carl get a little annoyed by that, cause he's ALWAYS feelin Masterplan.

Good god, so many. Great thread!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Sep 26, 2016, 04:44 PM
The heavy reverb and delay on the explosive guitar notes in Slow Slow Tune are just orgasmic. I WOULD call that a solo.
Sooo powerful. My favorite. It's always about more than just the solo with them boys.