Moustache Guy !

Started by darizzzla, Sep 24, 2016, 05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darizzzla

here's one for you guys : We all noticed the moustachy guy in the front rows in mmj vids  , anybody can tell me what's the deal with that !? then again or is it any deal ?! neither way i like the ideea but still curious if there's a meaning for it or pure artistic/psychedelic element i guess . cheers  :beer: :beer:

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

darizzzla

Mr. White

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 26, 2016, 05:29 PM
This guy? I think he is friends with the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvigwLnzLk

Yeah, that's the guy. That's "A Man" a.k.a. Brandon Jones = real name. He's been in several of their videos and even directed a couple of them. He's also in several of the Howell Dawdy videos. I met him while standing in line at the Clifton Center in Louisville while waiting for a Daniel Martin Moore show to start. He's a really good artist too. http://branjofarms.com/
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

darizzzla

great info man ,thank you

darizzzla

but is there any meaning to it ? (his appearences)

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: darizzzla on Sep 26, 2016, 09:49 PM
but is there any meaning to it ? (his appearences)

Alright. Believe it or not, I ran into Brandon Jones on the rail tonight durning Howell Dawdy's opening set at tonight's WFPK Waterfront Wednesday free show on the banks of the Ohio River in Louisville. I had been on the rail the whole time, but he didn't come up until about half way through the set. I noticed it was him while I turned around to record some of the audience while they sang along to "Summer Cream". I talked to him and his wife for about 5 minutes after the show. He remembered me from when we met at the Clifton Center and from when I ordered some of the posters I got from him. Anyway, I asked him if there was any sort of special meaning behind "A Man" being in Okonokos or any of their other videos/live appearances. He tried to think of anything that might tie them together, but he couldn't. He said he had recently made a compilation of all his work with MMJ but couldn't really find any common thread. I asked him how he even came up with the idea for "A Man" during the filming of Okonokos. I asked if it was his idea or the band's. He couldn't really remember but said they were aware of his early videos and thought he was funny in them. They asked him to be in the film. All he could think of was that he sort of represented the audience and their experience going to MMJ shows. He said it was all so organic with them. He said he felt as he was part of the band. I said he seemed to be going unnoticed by all the rest of the concert goers (all except for the lama). I think he referred to the lama as "Morty" and said he even took a huge dump inside Headliners. I didn't think to ask him until I was already on my way home, but I should have asked why they were in Headliners. I wonder if parts were filmed there instead of in the Filmore out in San Francisco. He is a very friendly guy and I'll be ordering more of his prints soon. Sorry I couldn't solve the mystery any better than that. Also, he played the Captain or Admiral in all the videos used during the run-up to the Forecastle Festival in 2012 and helped toss bananas to the audience during the show, and he played "Hologram Man" in the UNSTAGED show.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Jackets N Pones

Also bartender in HO2BM video
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

Also, MMJ poster artist, among other projects.

http://branjofarms.com/

littlejimfromxavier

He was at the Iroquois show in May. Fully dressed up like in Okonokos. My mind immediately went to another live album when I saw him there.

gardenparty

Quote from: littlejimfromxavier on Oct 23, 2016, 02:29 AM
He was at the Iroquois show in May. Fully dressed up like in Okonokos. My mind immediately went to another live album when I saw him there.
hmmm
very interesting

johnnYYac

Me and Brandon, Forecastle 2012