Main Menu

Neil Young

Started by Shug, Oct 07, 2016, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: Murph on Dec 12, 2017, 05:09 PM
Has everyone checked out this Archive that Neil put up?  It is the most comprehensive collection I could ever imagine and just so awesome.  Can spend hours digging around, reading, listening...  Soo, so cool Neil!

https://www.neilyoungarchives.com
It is a thing of beauty, though I wish I could just hit random play and sit by my computer for a few hours...

:bath:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Shug

https://www.jambase.com/article/neil-young-tour-promise-real-2018-according-lukas-nelson

I can't wait for another tour from these guys, I will be going to great lengths to see hopefully several shows on this tour.

Filling the Jacket and Wilco not touring void with Neil and The War On Drugs and Marcus King Band in 2018.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

oistheone

You and me both, Shug! The delay on these tour dates is killing me, I thought they'd drop right after the Hometown show/new album/Archives release day. I'm trying to plan a mega trip next summer for my bride-to-be and I but refuse to lock in anything until I know where Neil is going to be! I think she'd understand...?

Shug

She sounds like a keeper, ha ha ha!!

walterfredo

uhhhhh, just bought tickets to see NY and muthafucking Crazy Horse next tuesday and Wednesday in Fresno!

Shows literally just announced today, out of the blue.

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 23, 2018, 06:04 PM
uhhhhh, just bought tickets to see NY and muthafucking Crazy Horse next tuesday and Wednesday in Fresno!

Damn, How cool is that. Have a great time and report back. I just bought the re-release of Harvest Moon on vinyl, Love <3 Neil Young and especially with Crazy Hoese
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Shug

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 23, 2018, 06:04 PM

Just like Neil to do some short-notice, unexpected, out of the way, not part of a tour Crazy Horse shows while we are waiting to hear about the promised Promise of The Real tour this summer.  Have fun, walter! 

walterfredo

rkwedge

Murph

HELP!  why can't I get this livestream to work for me??

Maybe they just haven't started it yet?  I guess it would be 8:48PM out there.

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2018, 09:52 AM
Neil cane on about 9:20

Good times!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-and-crazy-horse/2018/warnors-theatre-fresno-ca-3bec704c.html
Good to see the setlist, the stream went down towards the end of "Like a Hurricane". Saw Bill Walton and Meatloaf in the crowd. Neil seemed like he was having fun despite a few technical issues. Cortez the Killer was awesome!

walterfredo

Bill Walton was two rows behind me, next section over. Did not see meatloaf though.

Murph

https://www.jambase.com/article/neil-young-crazy-horse-perform-1st-show-together-since-2014

A bunch of decent videos from the crowd.  Neil and Crazy Horse sounding mighty!

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2018, 11:31 AM
Bill Walton was two rows behind me, next section over. Did not see meatloaf though.

Walton being 2 rows behind you vs 2 rows in front is such a win! lol
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on May 02, 2018, 02:43 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2018, 11:31 AM

Walton being 2 rows behind you vs 2 rows in front is such a win! lol

no doubt. He was also next section over, but I do feel bad for the folks directly behind him.

walterfredo

last night's setlist was almost identical as the first night, which surprised me a bit. Exact same with two exceptions...last night they did not play Walk On and played everybody knows this is nowhere in it's place, and the encore changed from Roll another number for the road to The Losing End.

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on May 03, 2018, 11:59 AM
last night's setlist was almost identical as the first night, which surprised me a bit. Exact same with two exceptions...last night they did not play Walk On and played everybody knows this is nowhere in it's place, and the encore changed from Roll another number for the road to The Losing End.
Damn, that's a bit disappointing. My favorite thing about 3 nights with MMJ, you won't hear the same thing twice except OBH at OBH  :thumbsup:

Murph

I remember that being the case the last time they toured.  The set lists were practically the same every night and they would rotate 3 or 4 different songs for the encores