Main Menu

Neil Young

Started by Shug, Oct 07, 2016, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

I did not make it to the show last night, but saw the setlist and it was the same songs, just in a mixed order last night. Always great to see Neil though. He's definitely one of those you just wish you could write the setlist for.

Murph

How did you think they sounded for the 2 shows you saw?  How was Neil looking?  It's gonna be a sad day when father time catches up to old Neil.  I feel like out of all the guys I would group together as being on the same level as him, he's the one that has still got it the most.

walterfredo

Seeing as it was billed as "we will not practice for a single moment before walking on stage for the first time in four years", I thought they sounded really good. There was definitely some clear signs they were rusty...some missed transitions, some abrupt endings, some missed notes, etc. That said, they sounded pretty damn incredible. Neil was high energy both shows I saw. The whole band actually was. He's just ageless when it comes to energy and enthusiasm. He always seems to relevant. His music just never gets old or outdated.

robb

i got first row floor outside of the pit for the show at the fox in detroit. haven't been this stoked for something in a long time.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Murph

Quote from: robb on May 10, 2018, 08:14 AM
i got first row floor outside of the pit for the show at the fox in detroit. haven't been this stoked for something in a long time.

Whoa, they announced more Crazy Horse shows?

rkwedge

I think they are just Neil Young solo shows. You never know who might show up though!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

walterfredo

just solo acoustic. Which is obviously an entirely different animal. I saw Neil solo acoustic in LA at the Nokia Theater a few years back. You could hear a pin drop in the venue the entire show. he basically had about 20 guitars and numerous pianos in a wide circle around the stage, and would walk around and talk between songs, and then just pick a guitar, or piano, and harmonica and go into songs. It was awesome.

oistheone

I figure I don't have forever to continue blowing money on live Neil shows, so may as well go HAM while I can. Hitting up the solo show in Detroit on the Tuesday, then hauling ass to Quebec City for the show with POTR on Friday. No better way to kick off July than a week of Neil!!

Murph

Quote from: oistheone on May 10, 2018, 03:50 PM
I figure I don't have forever to continue to blowing money on live Neil shows, so may as well go HAM while I can. Hitting up the solo show in Detroit on the Tuesday, then hauling ass to Quebec City for the show with POTR on Friday. No better way to kick off July than a week of Neil!!

Respect it!

sillyboob

Webcast ripped bootleg of the Fresno show here:
http://livebootlegconcert.blogspot.pt/2018/05/neil-young-and-crazy-horse-live-warnors.html

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Live @ Warnors Theatre, Fresno, USA, 01-05-2018

Exclusive concert from Live Bootlegs Blog!

Source: Soundboard / Webcast
Sound Quality: 10/10

Setlist
1.     Big Time
2.     Country Home
3.     Don't Cry No Tears
4.     Winterlong (Neil Young cover)
5.     (banter)
6.     World on a String (Neil Young cover)
7.     Scattered (Let's Think About Livin')
8.     Fuckin' Up
9.     Too Far Gone (Neil Young cover)
10.  Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Neil Young cover)
11.  Cinnamon Girl
12.  Cortez the Killer
13.  Walk On (Neil Young cover)
14.  Like a Hurricane (Neil Young cover)
15.  Mansion on the Hill
16.  Roll Another Number (For the Road) (Neil Young cover)
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

Murph

Seriously stunned by the Neil show I just saw!!  I've never seen the man smile in all the hundreds of hours of footage + other shows I've seen as much as he did tonight.  Him and Promise of the Real were just clicking on all cylinders and from other reports I've read, they have been for a few years now.  This is the real deal.  For someone who wasn't around for Neil and Crazy Horse in their prime, this has to be as close or just as good.  Watching them huddle up and jam as you wait in anticipation for Neil to RIP a solo... I just couldn't have left there happier.  See this tour if you can 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-promise-of-the-real/2018/capitol-theatre-port-chester-ny-7be93658.html

Shug

That's exactly how I felt after the Tucson show I saw with POTR two years ago.  The real deal for sure!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

ranyart

Betsy and I saw the broadcast of Farm Aid and loved it.  Promise of the Real is the perfect backing band for Neil, at least in this time and place, and I would love to see some live shows.  Keeping on rocking in the free world...

sillyboob

Looking forward to seeing POTR with Willie Nelson & others at Willie's Outlaw Music Festival.  Catching the Hollywood Bowl show later this month.  Margo Price & Sturgill Simpson also playing.  And some guy named Phil Lesh.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.