OBH2017 - Craft Beer Party?

Started by Woldie, Nov 01, 2016, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Quote from: spacewolf on Nov 30, 2016, 11:53 AM
And...Hey Walterfredo! Hope you're well buddy.

Hey buddy, so bummed to miss team J&J at OBH3, just not in the cards for us this year. Hope all is well with the fam and the brewery!

(still waiting for you to send me some of that Double Duckpin!!   :wink: :beer: )

spacewolf

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 30, 2016, 02:18 PM
And...Hey Walterfredo! Hope you're well buddy.

Hey buddy, so bummed to miss team J&J at OBH3, just not in the cards for us this year. Hope all is well with the fam and the brewery!

(still waiting for you to send me some of that Double Duckpin!!   :wink: :beer: )

Package went out today with some extra goodies for ya.

gluvmiller

Justin
Have we decided on our room for this party? I am counting on it. Also, I'm working on koozies as a gift for those attending the beer exchange. Stay tuned...

Oh, and we're waiting for the official schedule to come out right before we solidify the beer exchange?

:beer:

mentos

I come from the land of IPA.  Alpine duet would be my choice of local to bring. D-lish.
Did I miss an OBF event invite?

walterfredo

Quote from: mentos on Dec 08, 2016, 04:36 PM
I come from the land of IPA.  Alpine duet would be my choice of local to bring. D-lish.

Duet is a mere shell of its former self and is now widely distributed nationally since alpine was bought out by green flash (although they don't like to call it a buyout). Alpine Nelson was at one point my favorite beer anywhere.  RIP Alpine.

Frank G

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 30, 2016, 01:58 PM
Awesome, spacewolf!

I just picked up a couple of Prairie Pirate Noirs, so I'll be bringing one of those plus a couple other Okie selections.

BOMBS!  Just got a 12 varietal two days ago.....mmmmmm mmmmmm.  Also got lucky & picked up a Bells Black Note. 

Should we specify specific types so we have a good variety?  Example, oyster stout from the coast / South Georgia brew / NE flavor / etc?  I can scoop various Wicked Weed with ease which covers the Sour taste buds. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it would have been easy, I would not have cared.

millerjustin

Quote from: Frank G on Dec 08, 2016, 11:18 PM
Awesome, spacewolf!

I just picked up a couple of Prairie Pirate Noirs, so I'll be bringing one of those plus a couple other Okie selections.

BOMBS!  Just got a 12 varietal two days ago.....mmmmmm mmmmmm.  Also got lucky & picked up a Bells Black Note. 

Should we specify specific types so we have a good variety?  Example, oyster stout from the coast / South Georgia brew / NE flavor / etc?  I can scoop various Wicked Weed with ease which covers the Sour taste buds. 

variety is good!  I'll be bringing NE IPAs mostly - would be AWESOME if you brought some pernicious ;)
What's in here won't disappear

freedawg

Count me in.

This was so great in 2015. The couple that hosted it had one of the rooftop rooms so being out there for it was great. They did it the afternoon/earl;y evening of the first day. It was great to meet so many new people before it started and made it fun seeing all the familiar faces over the weekend.

Frank G

Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 09, 2016, 09:13 AM
Quote from: Frank G on Dec 08, 2016, 11:18 PM
Awesome, spacewolf!

variety is good!  I'll be bringing NE IPAs mostly - would be AWESOME if you brought some pernicious ;)

Got em in da fridge right now [emoji1421]

Woldie

Haas there been any further discussion about the start time for this? 4pm-ish on Saturday seems to ring a bell from 2015.  Also, I am happy to repost the Google Sheet I made last time, for peeps to put in the beers they intend on bringing, just to get the taste buds salivating.
"The owls are not what they seem."

millerjustin

Quote from: Woldie on Dec 11, 2016, 12:56 PM
Haas there been any further discussion about the start time for this? 4pm-ish on Saturday seems to ring a bell from 2015.  Also, I am happy to repost the Google Sheet I made last time, for peeps to put in the beers they intend on bringing, just to get the taste buds salivating.

We are standing by for the excursion schedule before finalizing day/time.  At this point, we are targeting Monday afternoon before the Deer Tick set - maybe 2 pm start and then walk over to the lagoon for Deer Tick?

Scheduling on Saturday doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons - first day travel stress is palpable and arrival logistics/delays might box out late arrivals - this would also conflict with most people checking in and getting settled before Lucius and MMJ.  I also prefer scheduling on off night for MMJ (if I'm getting shitfaced early on IPA, I'd rather be browned out for the undercards lol)

Anyway, we have a stage front suite, so plenty of room and the balcony overlooks the stage (we will be watching Kurt Vile and Gary Clark Sound checks....)

Frank G

Think you have officially become the ring leader...and for that sir, I say "Thank You".  Sounds like a plan to me.

mentos

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 08, 2016, 09:10 PM
Quote from: mentos on Dec 08, 2016, 04:36 PM

Duet is a mere shell of its former self and is now widely distributed nationally since alpine was bought out by green flash (although they don't like to call it a buyout). Alpine Nelson was at one point my favorite beer anywhere.  RIP Alpine.

I didn't know they widely distributed it now.  I was just happy I didn't have to go to the brewery to get it anymore.

RaspberryJam

I'd love to get in on this. I have a little brewery in Baltimore (www.unioncraftbrewing.com). I'll bring some suds for you guys to try. Just about to drop this next week (please don't repost anywhere yet  :thumbsup:)

We live in Baltimore and LOVE Union Craft Brewing!  We are over there at least a few times a month.  I'll try to find you and introduce ourselves next time we're there.  Count us in for the craft beer group, probably will bring DC Brau's On the Wings of Armeggedon.

trave

I was only at OBH1. Has the beer selection gotten better? Or is it still just Dos Equis draft only? I would love to bring some local Upstate NY/Vermont beers to this thing.

Woldie

Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 12, 2016, 11:13 AM
Quote from: Woldie on Dec 11, 2016, 12:56 PM

We are standing by for the excursion schedule before finalizing day/time.  At this point, we are targeting Monday afternoon before the Deer Tick set - maybe 2 pm start and then walk over to the lagoon for Deer Tick?

Scheduling on Saturday doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons - first day travel stress is palpable and arrival logistics/delays might box out late arrivals - this would also conflict with most people checking in and getting settled before Lucius and MMJ.  I also prefer scheduling on off night for MMJ (if I'm getting shitfaced early on IPA, I'd rather be browned out for the undercards lol)

Anyway, we have a stage front suite, so plenty of room and the balcony overlooks the stage (we will be watching Kurt Vile and Gary Clark Sound checks....)

Understandable.  I'll have to count myself out, though.  Enjoy, all!
"The owls are not what they seem."

spacewolf

Quote from: RaspberryJam on Dec 18, 2016, 10:11 AM
I'd love to get in on this. I have a little brewery in Baltimore (www.unioncraftbrewing.com). I'll bring some suds for you guys to try. Just about to drop this next week (please don't repost anywhere yet  :thumbsup:)

We live in Baltimore and LOVE Union Craft Brewing!  We are over there at least a few times a month.  I'll try to find you and introduce ourselves next time we're there.  Count us in for the craft beer group, probably will bring DC Brau's On the Wings of Armeggedon.

Next time you stop in - ask for Jon! Would love to meet you!

RaspberryJam

[/quote]

Next time you stop in - ask for Jon! Would love to meet you!

[/quote]

We definitely will.  We have a nice size crew from Baltimore going!

stillwater

Thanks to Justin for some tips last week, I was able to stop by Treehouse and get Haze, Very Green and Bright.  Planning on bringing some to the beer share, but they keep staring at me... so who knows?

millerjustin

Quote from: stillwater on Jan 02, 2017, 10:09 PM
Thanks to Justin for some tips last week, I was able to stop by Treehouse and get Haze, Very Green and Bright.  Planning on bringing some to the beer share, but they keep staring at me... so who knows?

YAY!  I'll bring a couple too (I have plenty of Haze and Alter Ego)

Excursions supposedly announced this week, so we will firm up Beer Share event details soon!!