Here in Spirit Video

Started by dookie shoot bandit, Nov 18, 2016, 09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie

I'm glad that Jim has decided to put his true feelings out there rather than pretend to be neutral in order to protect sales or branding.  Whether you agree with him or not on certain things, i would hope that everyone can appreciate his authenticity.  I can't think of a better modern day musician to be an ambassador for love and tolerance. 

Varitek

Quote from: Stevie on Nov 18, 2016, 11:36 AM
I'm glad that Jim has decided to put his true feelings out there rather than pretend to be neutral in order to protect sales or branding.  Whether you agree with him or not on certain things, i would hope that everyone can appreciate his authenticity.  I can't think of a better modern day musician to be an ambassador for love and tolerance. 

Well said, couldn't agree more..
"Did he just put on a cape?"

WickedMessenger

I love the song, and the video is beautiful!  He is definitely authentic. The song says enough and the announcement doesn't add much. He is standing at the intersection of 6th and Broadway in Downtown LA, not too far from skid row.  It is just a few blocks from where he will play at the Orpheum.  The woods look like Griffith Park.  Has Jim moved to LA permanently? He seems to be a fixture there. 

Mr. White

Jim splits his time between Los Angeles and Louisville, Kentucky. He was just in town here in Louisville last Friday for a special event/talk with author Dave Eggers. While waiting in line for the venue to let us in, I spoke with a retired teacher who lives near him in Louisville. She said he looked at a house on her street but didn't buy it because it would have taken too much work to get it live-in ready. Instead, he bought a different house in the Highlands area of Louisville and recently finished the renovation. So, yes, he has been staying in L.A. a lot, but he also enjoys his hometown of Louisville and is often spotted at events around the town. I've personally seen him at shows and museums several times in the last two years.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011