Jim James on working with Roger Waters (new interview)

Started by samwiseganji, Nov 22, 2016, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwiseganji

New interview with New Orleans magazine. Jim James talks about working with Roger Waters, his post-election thoughts, etc

http://www.offbeat.com/articles/jim-james-talks-back/

Max5130

GO4IT

Good to hear an update from Jim and the reinforcement of an album next year, probably.

I got a good chuckle out of this one:

"I didn't know you were involved in any film scoring work.

I've tried to be. I've always been fired for being too weird, so I've never successfully been involved in any film scoring work." :grin:

antonio

"We're doing another Jacket record in the spring, which will hopefully be out sometime next year. I'm not quite sure yet. I've got songs written for that so yeah, that's on the burner."

Does this firmly put to bed--which I know had been previously talked about--that the more "dance" tracks from The Waterfall sessions are not coming out as their own album?

Sorry if I have missed full confirmation of this, I know it was speculated throughout this year. Think there will be a B Sides/Rarities release of these or will they just be burned off on Soundtracks and random releases like the Roadies record or Magic Bullet?

Lonndown27

i would hope in one day, in one go, they do an extra tracks album, may even be two discs long and then put out the live album / DVD  :cool:

CAN I GET A SECOND ON THAT???

I MEAN....WOULDN'T THAT JUST BE THE GODTITS???

LOVE YA JACKETBOYS WE NEED YA IN THIS FUCKED UP COUNTRY NOW MORE THAN EVVVVVVA!!

:beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

I'm sorry, but the whole idea of GODTITS has my head all uside down!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Nov 29, 2016, 01:54 PM
i would hope in one day, in one go, they do an extra tracks album, may even be two discs long and then put out the live album / DVD  :cool:

:beer:

It would be really cool if they released a "Chapter 3" of those early years recordings, but with it being the middle years or something. It seems they have a lot of unreleased music that they don't have an intention to release or will just drop them randomly for movies etc
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

buymycar

Quote from: antonio on Nov 29, 2016, 12:41 PM
"We're doing another Jacket record in the spring, which will hopefully be out sometime next year. I'm not quite sure yet. I've got songs written for that so yeah, that's on the burner."

Does this firmly put to bed--which I know had been previously talked about--that the more "dance" tracks from The Waterfall sessions are not coming out as their own album?

Sorry if I have missed full confirmation of this, I know it was speculated throughout this year. Think there will be a B Sides/Rarities release of these or will they just be burned off on Soundtracks and random releases like the Roadies record or Magic Bullet?

You'd think the extra Waterfall tracks would have been perfect for the Self-Hypnosis series, which I can find no trace of anymore on MMJ's website. But I'm not a Roll Call member anymore. There were a grand total of two tracks released on that series, Octoplasm and Mamama.