Main Menu

Summer Tour?

Started by WhataWonderfulMan, Dec 13, 2016, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhataWonderfulMan

Does anyone have any summer tour rumors?

Coop502

I am by no means somebody with the important connections to know... But they are playing Electric Forest and hopefully putting out a new album, which is promising!

millerjustin

based upon some bits of fact, lots of innuendo, some rumors, a magic 8ball, and lots of desperate yearning, my assumptions are thus:

they hit the studio after OBH3 for a few months (this is confirmed).  I'm guessing Stinson again with Tucker and then some follow-on mixing in LA and the 'Ville with Kevin.

Then they strategically target spring and summer festivals that continue to expand fan base (EF already announced, I'm praying for Mountain Jam, and perhaps a few more.)

They will either build a mini Summer tour around a 2 night stand at Red Rocks - I'm guessing no more than 10-15 dates, or a full tour like 2015 if the album drops by May.

If the Album drops mid-late Summer, then possibility of short Fall tour and praying for another run at the Beacon - then they hit the road hard - hoping NYE and the full monty into early 18

Don't quote me, but this is about as close a guess as I can make
What's in here won't disappear

Woody

I thought I read somewhere that they will be recording the new record in LA.

Cameron

Quote from: Woody on Dec 14, 2016, 11:36 AM
I thought I read somewhere that they will be recording the new record in LA.

Jim said that in the RS interview, I believe.

Shug

I'm hoping, as always, for multi-night runs of shows in one city, indoor venues like Wiltern, Beacon, Port Chester, etc.  These tend to happen in the Fall and Winter, and with how long it takes to record, mix and release albums, I'm guessing a fuller tour later in the year is more likely, with the scattered shows here and there at the festivals in the summer.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

APR

Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 14, 2016, 11:00 AM
based upon some bits of fact, lots of innuendo, some rumors, a magic 8ball, and lots of desperate yearning, my assumptions are thus:

they hit the studio after OBH3 for a few months (this is confirmed).  I'm guessing Stinson again with Tucker and then some follow-on mixing in LA and the 'Ville with Kevin.

Then they strategically target spring and summer festivals that continue to expand fan base (EF already announced, I'm praying for Mountain Jam, and perhaps a few more.)

They will either build a mini Summer tour around a 2 night stand at Red Rocks - I'm guessing no more than 10-15 dates, or a full tour like 2015 if the album drops by May.

If the Album drops mid-late Summer, then possibility of short Fall tour and praying for another run at the Beacon - then they hit the road hard - hoping NYE and the full monty into early 18

Don't quote me, but this is about as close a guess as I can make

Is that mini summer tour around 2 a 2 night stand at Red Rocks something from the bits of facts category or the innuendo or yearning category?  Please say a former.

Jim did say recording in the spring.  I don't know how long it takes to do all the post production and mixing, but it's gotta be at least several months.   Correct?  So like Shug, I think an album in late 2017 and tour to follow is more likely.  We can meet again at the Masonic!

Did you see Wilco's upcoming tour?  I hope MMJ does some seriously long multi night runs like that.  And some scattered summer dates to warm up would be great indeed. 

Mhurley8

Unfortunately a guy on the FB page said they are not booked for RR this year and will only do a few pop up festivals this summer. Im hoping hes wrong but seemed to know what he was talking about.

If one of those festivals happen to be in Telluride CO this summer that might make up for my disappointment on not going back to Red Rocks.

millerjustin

Quote from: Mhurley8 on Dec 21, 2016, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately a guy on the FB page said they are not booked for RR this year and will only do a few pop up festivals this summer. Im hoping hes wrong but seemed to know what he was talking about.

If one of those festivals happen to be in Telluride CO this summer that might make up for my disappointment on not going back to Red Rocks.

Red Rocks is booked for memorial day weekend, but that doesn't mean they won't be there at all next summer - I'm guessing August

Jbpats

Quote from: Mhurley8 on Dec 21, 2016, 12:42 PM

any inkling of what festivals, other than Electric Forest, they'll be in?

stillwater

Mountain Jam seems incredibly likely to me.  Havent announced the third headliner and it will most likely be a "modern" headliner with Petty and Steve Miller already announced.  They are booked for EF the following week (natural touring distance for a week).  They are also just "due" to play MJ.  Makes too much sense.  Fingers crossed.

millerjustin

Quote from: stillwater on Jan 02, 2017, 10:14 PM
Mountain Jam seems incredibly likely to me.  Havent announced the third headliner and it will most likely be a "modern" headliner with Petty and Steve Miller already announced.  They are booked for EF the following week (natural touring distance for a week).  They are also just "due" to play MJ.  Makes too much sense.  Fingers crossed.
AMEN

johnnYYac

I'm wondering if they'll ever get invited to Wilco's Solid Sound.  I'd consider flying back to New England for that!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

millerjustin

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 05, 2017, 02:52 PM
I'm wondering if they'll ever get invited to Wilco's Solid Sound.  I'd consider flying back to New England for that!

45 minutes from my house (just like Mountain Jam)

I like the way you think Yac!

bonzai

I've been hoping for Mountain Jam as well and have been holding the weekend. I also would take a Solid Sound if that could possibly happen.  I have the end of June open and plan to be at one or other!

APR

'Roo announcement comes out early next week.  Shaky Knees too (but MMJ just played that one).  If they're at 'Roo then I'd be really optimistic about more June dates. 

johnnYYac

Quote from: millerjustin on Jan 05, 2017, 03:36 PM

I like thinking I'd have somewhere to crash...  :wink:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

millerjustin

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 06, 2017, 02:52 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Jan 05, 2017, 03:36 PM

I like thinking I'd have somewhere to crash...  :wink:

ANY TIME YAC!

davymac

I had heard they were going on a 50+ city tour starting in April

DaydreamNation

Quote from: davymac on Jan 07, 2017, 02:19 PM
I had heard they were going on a 50+ city tour starting in April
Source?

:drum: :drum: :drum:
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16