Main Menu

Summer Tour?

Started by WhataWonderfulMan, Dec 13, 2016, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: superfrodies on Jan 23, 2017, 11:38 AM
Why do people hate on the digital roll call membership? I'm out of the loop. I used it to get some pretty great seats for the Jim James show in Mpls in December...but maybe i got lucky?

For the tough ticket shows there's always people who have the Deluxe getting shut out, no way there's a chance for the Digital members to get those tix 15 or 30 minutes later. Plus I don't believe the Digital comes with the early entry laminate which to me is worth the cost of my membership alone.

"Where's Jim going?"

Clarkwork

If they are hitting the studio in March, we won't see a tour this year.   My guess would be they do album this year with few select dates to play.  Do OBH4 next year, release album, then 2015 all over again tour wise
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

ericm

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jan 23, 2017, 03:40 PM
If they are hitting the studio in March, we won't see a tour this year.   My guess would be they do album this year with few select dates to play.  Do OBH4 next year, release album, then 2015 all over again tour wise

You may be right but I think it might be more like a few select dates over the Summer, with some fall/end of year shows or runs similar to the SF and Beacon ones we saw in 15.
"Where's Jim going?"

Clarkwork

Quote from: ericm on Jan 23, 2017, 07:02 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Jan 23, 2017, 03:40 PM

Hope so,  I really thought they would release a Live album this year and tour with it.  Still a chance I guess

You may be right but I think it might be more like a few select dates over the Summer, with some fall/end of year shows or runs similar to the SF and Beacon ones we saw in 15.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

spacewolf

I think we're gonna see a very short run in the NE this summer. MPP, maybe the Mann in Philly, NY, and maybe Boston.

APR

Quote from: spacewolf on Jan 24, 2017, 12:10 PM
I think we're gonna see a very short run in the NE this summer. MPP, maybe the Mann in Philly, NY, and maybe Boston.

I like your optimism and really hope you're correct!

WickedMessenger

Now that OBH3 is done, are there any updates on Summer/Fall dates?  Even if there is no tour maybe there will be a few dates. Saw some rumors in the OBH3 thread and they are messing with my emotions.

Woody

Peach Fest in August which I saw rumored earlier sounds like it's happening. I heard the Thur-Sun headliners are JRAD, Gov't Mule, MMJ & Panic.

millerjustin

Quote from: Woody on Feb 16, 2017, 07:57 AM
Peach Fest in August which I saw rumored earlier sounds like it's happening. I heard the Th-Sa headliners are JRAD, Gov't Mule, MMJ & Panic.

MMJ Friday night with WSP sat & sun - also told that they will be on the road all of August, so stay tuned!
What's in here won't disappear

parkervb

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 16, 2017, 08:48 AM
Peach Fest in August which I saw rumored earlier sounds like it's happening. I heard the Th-Sa headliners are JRAD, Gov't Mule, MMJ & Panic.

MMJ Friday night with WSP sat & sun - also told that they will be on the road all of August, so stay tuned!

Would make sense for a 3-4 week tour at the usual east coast-ish spots around a couple of festival hits.
Don't you ever turn it off

oistheone

I wonder if this little August run will be headlining shows or just festival gigs leading up to a Red Rocks weekend?

Woody

I know this was the original rumor but latest report has Mule in there. Time will tell!

Jbpats

Quote from: Woody on Feb 16, 2017, 12:56 PM

I know this was the original rumor but latest report has Mule in there. Time will tell!

Mule makes a ton of sense, Peach is a ABB fest and Mule is part of the ABB family. I'd actually guess they do some sort of Allmans set in honor of Butch. They definitely need some sort of festival presence especially considering they got ousted from their very own Mountain Jam.

millerjustin

Quote from: Woody on Feb 16, 2017, 01:38 PM
Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 16, 2017, 01:30 PM

Mule makes a ton of sense, Peach is a ABB fest and Mule is part of the ABB family. I'd actually guess they do some sort of Allmans set in honor of Butch. They definitely need some sort of festival presence especially considering they got ousted from their very own Mountain Jam.

Bingo!

well, Warren basically owns Mt Jam fest, so not sure "ousted" is the right term - I think he's just stepped back and allowing others to fill the roster this year.  In any event, my guess for August is a few select headlining festival slots and maybe a dozen shows culminating at RR

wrgcucin

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 16, 2017, 04:19 PM

Bingo!

well, Warren basically owns Mt Jam fest, so not sure "ousted" is the right term - I think he's just stepped back and allowing others to fill the roster this year.  In any event, my guess for August is a few select headlining festival slots and maybe a dozen shows culminating at RR

For those who have been to Red Rocks and general MMJ show veterans (I've been to 3, but them seems mild compared to everyone here), do you have a decent estimate to when they might announce these August dates -- particularly RR? Myself and friends are planning our summer around when we will see them.

Jbpats

Bingo!

I think Mountain Jam got bought out, didn't it?

Jbpats

Quote from: wrgcucin on Feb 16, 2017, 04:30 PM

Bingo!

For those who have been to Red Rocks and general MMJ show veterans (I've been to 3, but them seems mild compared to everyone here), do you have a decent estimate to when they might announce these August dates -- particularly RR? Myself and friends are planning our summer around when we will see them.

The Red Rocks rumor right now is three shows across labor day weekend in September.. take it for what its worth, I'd venture to guess if these Peach fest rumors are true then you can count on that also being true since they are all coming from the same place.

millerjustin

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 17, 2017, 07:52 AM
Quote from: wrgcucin on Feb 16, 2017, 04:30 PM

Bingo!

The Red Rocks rumor right now is three shows across labor day weekend in September.. take it for what its worth, I'd venture to guess if these Peach fest rumors are true then you can count on that also being true since they are all coming from the same place.

pretty good source indicates that Jacket has a hold on RR for Fri-Sun on Labor Day weekend - they could drop it, of course, but suspect this is a good sign for a robust August roll out

MMJTX

Trying not to get my hopes up but Labor day weekend is the weekend after my bday  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Anytime

spacewolf

Sources tell me MPP July 14th is confirmed.