roll call subscription?

Started by slappymoe, Dec 17, 2016, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 13, 2017, 12:48 PM
During all of the hoopla from this morning's announcement, I noted the following...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bowwowmeowmeow

Quote from: dexter on Mar 13, 2017, 12:51 PM
Quote from: amskinz on Mar 13, 2017, 10:37 AM
I was one of the smart/dumb people to reup every time they offered, so mine doesn't expire until February of 2018. It's unfortunate many will have to buy a digital membership just for these shows. I'm guessing It's the easiest option the band had to deal as little with WU the rest of this year as possible. Let's hope it means a new partnership will roll out next year and we'll all be much happier.

this implies it was offered in feb 2017?  i never saw that
No it doesn't. You could renew your membership before it expired, such as when new items were offered. So if amskinz's membership was expiring Feb. 2017 amskinz could have renewed back in say Sep. 2016, extending the membership to Feb. 2018.

MateoDeKY

My deluxe membership expired on 3/3. Damn I was so close. I just bought the digital membership for tickets tomorrow. Hopefully its not a clusterquak with a larger number of digital members now. Good luck to everybody tomorrow.
Our earthly bodies will surely fall, But the love we share outlives us all

millerjustin

Quote from: bowwowmeowmeow on Mar 13, 2017, 12:59 PM
I was one of the smart/dumb people to reup every time they offered, so mine doesn't expire until February of 2018. It's unfortunate many will have to buy a digital membership just for these shows. I'm guessing It's the easiest option the band had to deal as little with WU the rest of this year as possible. Let's hope it means a new partnership will roll out next year and we'll all be much happier.

No it doesn't. You could renew your membership before it expired, such as when new items were offered. So if amskinz's membership was expiring Feb. 2017 amskinz could have renewed back in say Sep. 2016, extending the membership to Feb. 2018.

why would anyone want to double pay for a shitty service?
What's in here won't disappear

YimYodd

I renewed last Sept, my deluxe is still valid. :beer:
I need to update my payment method on my dashboard page but don't see where to do that.
Any help? :beer:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

dr_trousers

Is there a way to tell if you are a deluxe or not? I renewed last June, and I would normally pick deluxe, but I want to verify.

NM, I figured it and I'm still deluxe until April 1. Sweet!

rowdyroddy

Add me to the list of frustrated long time Fan Club/Delux members.  No reminder, no autorenewal??  Now I'm stuck with Digital, which agreed is worthless....

All my other fan club memberships want you to stay involved and take my $$$$ (Third Man, PJ, etc).

I sent a nice note to WU expressing my disappointment. Mostly in myself since I thought I missed something.....but looking at this thread, sounds like I didn't??  I shouldn't take this stuff that seriously but its a knife to the heart when GA PIT tickets might be at stake.  Ugh

dexter

ugh that sucks.. i guess i mispoke because i tried to do this in like 2012 and wound up just getting 2 posters, 2 t shirts, etc, and had the same expiration date.  when i called and said i wanted the longer membership, they just refunded my extra 40 bucks.   

bowwowmeowmeow

Quote from: dexter on Mar 14, 2017, 02:57 PM

ugh that sucks.. i guess i mispoke because i tried to do this in like 2012 and wound up just getting 2 posters, 2 t shirts, etc, and had the same expiration date.  when i called and said i wanted the longer membership, they just refunded my extra 40 bucks.   

I'd say that's strange, but nothing surprises me with WU's service. They've regularly given me different responses to my order issues.

amskinz

No, it's because I did the 18 month at an odd time, then continued buying when the next were offered. It added the extra time to my expiration for some reason. Not sure if that was a fluke or normal, but that's where I'm at.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

johnnYYac

My only advice is to purchase the new Roll Call as soon as it is offered, then put the expiration date on a Google calendar or something similar.  I've been in Roll Call from the start by doing this. 

That said, I'm thinking that MMJ is only doing digital memberships for now, will revamp Roll Call to coincide with their next release, and hopefully replace Wonderful Union in the process.

JaneCool

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2017, 04:01 PM
My only advice is to purchase the new Roll Call as soon as it is offered, then put the expiration date on a Google calendar or something similar.  I've been in Roll Call from the start by doing this. 

That said, I'm thinking that MMJ is only doing digital memberships for now, will revamp Roll Call to coincide with their next release, and hopefully replace Wonderful Union in the process.

I hope so Johnny, because I did an 18 month renewal last time around thinking that was the best way to go and now I'm stuck with purchasing the digital roll call. I've been a member since day one - I hope I will still be able to get early entry at least with this digital membership. I don't care so much about the freebies.
So, I do believe.....

johnnYYac

Quote from: JaneCool on Apr 20, 2017, 08:37 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2017, 04:01 PM

I hope so Johnny, because I did an 18 month renewal last time around thinking that was the best way to go and now I'm stuck with purchasing the digital roll call. I've been a member since day one - I hope I will still be able to get early entry at least with this digital membership. I don't care so much about the freebies.
I wouldn't buy the digital membership.  What I was saying is, when (if?) a new "deluxe" Roll Call is made available, snag it!  I suspect they will revamp Roll Call with the release of the next LP, hopefully with a different company to manage it.

louisvilledanahys

Re: the digital membership.  I re-upped just to make sure I could get tix for Cincy and Nashville.  Looking back, I got better seats on the Thursday local release than I did on the Tuesday roll call release.

johnnYYac

Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Apr 22, 2017, 03:56 PM
Re: the digital membership.  I re-upped just to make sure I could get tix for Cincy and Nashville.  Looking back, I got better seats on the Thursday local release than I did on the Tuesday roll call release.
Exactly...

MMJCOBRA

Hate to be the line dissenter but roll call has always hooked me up with killer seats. There is however room for improvement.

Emotion Detector

Will the 2016 Roll Call laminate be enough to gain early entry for shows? Is anyone checking the Roll Call line for a current digital membership? Asking for a friend..  :wink:

bowwowmeowmeow

Quote from: Emotion Detector on Jul 07, 2017, 03:41 PM
Will the 2016 Roll Call laminate be enough to gain early entry for shows? Is anyone checking the Roll Call line for a current digital membership? Asking for a friend..  :wink:
I don't believe they ever made a 2017 laminate. Everything I've read this year said they're accepting the 2016 laminate. Image at the bottom and lots of info here:
https://mymorningjacket.com/earlyentry

ericm

Quote from: Emotion Detector on Jul 07, 2017, 03:41 PM

Digital membership doesn't get you early entry. The laminates only came with the Deluxe memberships but I do believe the 2016 laminate is being honored this tour.
"Where's Jim going?"

Cameron

Looks like this is the last year for Roll Call.