roll call subscription?

Started by slappymoe, Dec 17, 2016, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YimYodd

Just got this email.

Dear Roll Callers,

Thank you for the past few years. As of December 31st, 2017, Roll Call will officially close.

What does this mean for current Roll Callers?
Your current subscription is valid through the end of 2017.

The Roll Call features on mymorningjacket.com, as well as access to pre-sales (including One Big Holiday) will remain through the end of 2017.

As of today, the Roll Call membership will no longer be available for purchase.

If you have further questions about your Roll Call subscription, contact support here.

Thanks for the memories, and here's to the future!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

itrainmonkeys

Good riddance. I enjoyed some stuff from it but was annoyed half the time as well. Hopefully they find a new service or something along those lines to replace it. Definitely had my issues over the years but would gladly sign up for something that was ran with better customer service.

Emb1528

Interesting... I'm wondering if they were under contract with wonderful union for the "roll call" name. I wonder if there will be something to replace the fan club sans wonderful union. I noticed a few weeks ago that there is a new merch site. It's just not active yet.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

rkwedge

Hopefully the band did realize what a joke Wonderful Union was and are doing something for the betterment of us fans. There's definitely good fan clubs out there, I hope they found one of them.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ellisintransit

Allow me to join the chorus in saying BUH BYE forever Blunderful Union, or grnd_cntrl, or whatever name you decide to change to next.  I was a Roll Caller from day one and every single year something happened that either wasted my time or made me feel unappreciated as a fan. (That extra bonus 7" year-end gift still makes me hot when I think about it.)  Here's hoping for a fan club this band and its fans deserve!

millerjustin

they also leaked onsale date for OBH4 - going down swinging I guess
What's in here won't disappear

rmpotsy

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 18, 2017, 09:44 AM

so when is that date?
out go the lights it begins

slshor011

Curious about the roll call letter.  No one has the feeling that MMJ is breaking up after December, do they?  I like the pre-sale options and it has always helped getting tickets.  Any thoughts?

slappymoe

:shocked:

not sure why you would make that leap.

OBH4 will be an extremely awkward experience if they break up beforehand.

slshor011

To clarify - maybe OBH4 would be their goodbye tour!  I'm hoping that is not true - just a thought that popped in my head.  :-(

LBSUNFLWR

yikes. put those thoughts out of your head!

bowwowmeowmeow

bowwowmeowmeow

Quote from: slshor011 on Jul 18, 2017, 10:10 AM
Curious about the roll call letter.  No one has the feeling that MMJ is breaking up after December, do they?  I like the pre-sale options and it has always helped getting tickets.  Any thoughts?
I haven't been in a lot of fanclubs like this, but I was in the R.E.M. fanclub for nearly 20 years. If it helps, the band didn't tell the fanclub members they were cancelling the fanclub, and then broke up 6 months later. The breakup and fanclub dissolving were announced at the same time. I don't think this is how it would happen with MMJ either. And everybody including the band knows that their current company is awful.

slshor011

That makes me feel better.  :smiley:

millerjustin

oh good lord, no doom and gloom guys - MMJ isn't breaking up - they simply cut ties with a really shitty vendor.  WU has rights to the website for now and pushed the announcement out before the band could make a statement.  (butt hurt move)

The fan club will either be run in-house or contracted to a new and hopefully better vendor that will take care of this clown car of a fan base lol
What's in here won't disappear

rmpotsy

Quote from: bowwowmeowmeow on Jul 18, 2017, 11:15 AM
Quote from: rmpotsy on Jul 18, 2017, 09:55 AM
Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 18, 2017, 09:44 AM

so when is that date?
March 2-6, 2018
http://2017.mmjonebigholiday.com/

i was asking about onsale date, not actual date.

also just heard they are announcing bands in the next few minutes
out go the lights it begins

Varitek

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 18, 2017, 11:47 AM
oh good lord, no doom and gloom guys - MMJ isn't breaking up - they simply cut ties with a really shitty vendor.  WU has rights to the website for now and pushed the announcement out before the band could make a statement.  (butt hurt move)

The fan club will either be run in-house or contracted to a new and hopefully better vendor that will take care of this clown car of a fan base lol

on point
"Did he just put on a cape?"

johnnYYac

A new fan club is in the works.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

DaydreamNation

11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16