OBH3 Craft Beer Party *Update* Sunday 1/5/17 at 3:00-5:30pm

Started by millerjustin, Jan 09, 2017, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

Starting a new thread to confirm date and time - room number TBD, but we will be hosting in a stage front suite (2nd floor under band green room).  I will post an update here once we are checked in on 2/3.

We've managed to avoid conflicts with excursions and activities (with a couple finishing up at 4, so those folks can still come) and the super owl party starts at 5:30 (gotta fill those bellies up before PHJB and MMJ!!)

All are welcome!  Please feel free to post here to RSVP and/or discuss what you're bringing.  I created an event in the One Big Family group on FB (over 50 RSVPs already)and will also start a thread in the FB fan page as well.

Really Psyched!  Getting fresh Tree House and Trillium this week ;)

RULES FOR TRANSPORT

you can bring up to 3 liters of beer per person in CHECKED BAGS ONLY - pack them in bubble wrap and split into 1gal zip locks to avoid leaking etc.  Empty Poster tubes are a solid place to store some cans as well.

This breaks down to 4 750s, 6 160z or 8 12oz cans (or any mixture thereof under total 3L)

!excite!
What's in here won't disappear

Crispy

Woohoo, thanks, Justin!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

(that's how many Prairies I'll be bringing)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

delso13

in for this

will be bringing some stuff ive been saving
KBS, BCBS, OH, Treehouse, Alchemist

trying to figure out how i can get more good beer down there

freedawg

Can't wait. I will see how this unfolds and try to bring some stuff others arent. Fun times ahead. The biggest challenge- not drinking the good beers before Sunday. :)

millerjustin

Quote from: dpk1754 on Jan 11, 2017, 05:12 PM
How do I RSVP?

you can stay tuned here and I will update with room info, or if you're on FB hit me up at justinscottmiller and/or through the MMJ fan club or One Big Family groups (I have an event posted in the latter)

goiu

We've got some Vegas craft brews ready to pack & would like to participate :beer: :beer: :beer:

Derek713

Quote from: delso13 on Jan 29, 2017, 08:39 PM
so whats everyone bringing?

I am going to pick up my beers today. I was waiting until closer to OBH to buy the hoppy stuff so it is fresh!

FYI......for packing purposes and anybody worried about weight limits. One 12oz. can of beer weighs approximately 1 pound.

millerjustin

Quote from: Derek713 on Jan 31, 2017, 11:09 AM
Quote from: delso13 on Jan 29, 2017, 08:39 PM
so whats everyone bringing?

I am going to pick up my beers today. I was waiting until closer to OBH to buy the hoppy stuff so it is fresh!

FYI......for packing purposes and anybody worried about weight limits. One 12oz. can of beer weighs approximately 1 pound.

reminder that 3L limit applies per person at border entry (approx. 96oz) - this correlates to approx. 5.5lbs of beer, so plan accordingly given typical 50lb limit for checked bags

very excited!

I haven't decided 100%, but thus far planning on one can each of the following:

Alchemist - Focal Banger
Lawsons - Sip O Sunshine
Fiddlehead - Second Fiddle
Treehouse - Bright (Citra)
Treehouse - Curiosity 30
Trillium - DDH Melcher or Stillson

rab7607

Some Pittsburgh and nearby beers:

Full Pint Brewing Co. - White Lighting
Fatheads - Trail Head IPA
Rivertowne - Schloppy Monster Double IPA

Still working on a few more.

This may have been covered and I missed it, but are bottles ok to transport or just cans allowed? I have half cans and half bottles.

millerjustin

Quote from: rab7607 on Jan 31, 2017, 03:26 PM

This may have been covered and I missed it, but are bottles ok to transport or just cans allowed? I have half cans and half bottles.

both fine - one obviously more durable than the other.  suggest bubble wrap and encase in zip locks

ajiacs

The wife and I would like to RSVP if there's still room. Made a trip to Other Half in NYC and should have double dry hopped Space Diamonds, DDH All Citra Everything, Green Diamonds, and All Green Everything. Maybe some other MD/VA locals like Champion's Fruit Basket too.

bpmac79

Will bring Beavertown most likely (Gamma Ray or Lupoloid) - maybe a Warpigs if I can find it

rab7607

Quote from: rab7607 on Jan 31, 2017, 03:26 PM

I guess I forgot to RSVP for my wife and I. I don't have much of a message board presence since I'm usually a lurker, but it will be great to meet everybody. Really looking forward to this.

ditty

Looking to bring some local Indy Beer - Tritan - See you soon!
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

Derek713

Beers are packed! I put each beer in a ziploc and then in a coozie for cushion and slid them in poster tubes. Three poster tubes locked and loaded!

4 - St. Arnolds - Endeavor Double IPA
4 - Buffalo Bayou - More Cowbell Double IPA
4 - Southern Star - Buried Hatchet Imperial Stout

millerjustin

Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 01, 2017, 10:02 AM
Beers are packed! I put each beer in a ziploc and then in a coozie for cushion and slid them in poster tubes. Three poster tubes locked and loaded!

nice selection - reminder that you are limited to total of 101oz (3L) per person in checked bags.  so you can only bring 8 12oz cans unless you are traveling with a friend or significant other that can pack any additional in their checked bags

Derek713

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 01, 2017, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 01, 2017, 10:02 AM

nice selection - reminder that you are limited to total of 101oz (3L) per person in checked bags.  so you can only bring 8 12oz cans unless you are traveling with a friend or significant other that can pack any additional in their checked bags

Yeah, my wife will be carrying half. I warned her that she has about 5 less pounds to work with when packing.

Bmorr23

This sounds amazing. First time posting, big time lurker. You guys dragged me out of the shadows with this craft beer extravaganza!  Would loved to be involved. Coming from Long Island NY with a friend. I can bring some blue point hoptical illusion and I'll probably head to one of our smaller breweries tomorrow to see what I can dig up.