Started by Murph, Jan 23, 2017, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynwa

Quote from: ericm on Jul 07, 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote from: ynwa on Jul 07, 2017, 06:53 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jul 07, 2017, 05:23 PM
Quote from: Murph on Jul 07, 2017, 03:27 PM
Quote from: JerseyDan on Jul 07, 2017, 12:47 PM
anyone know how parking is around there?

There is no parking at the venue.  If you absolutely have to drive, You can probably circle around and find a spot on the street eventually or find a parking garage near by, which will probably be expensive.

Best bet is the F or R train to 71st street or LIRR to Forest Hills.

I was planning on taking the LIRR from Penn Station but probably going to have to allow a little more time now with the mess that is Penn Station.

Same here, Eric. Which train do you plan on taking?

Laura used to live >1 mile from the stadium but moved a year ago. Crappy timing, huh? Parking sucks in that area, especially on weekends. I would not recommend driving.

There are some good options for grabbing a bite & drinks pre-show. The Station House -- aptly named for being right at the Forest Hills Station -- is good but relatively small & gets super busy, so you'd want to get there early to find a seat. There are some other options very close by that may be easier.

Hey Liz! I'm not sure what train I'll be taking. I'll be driving up from MPP in the morning, checking into my hotel by the Meadowlands, then taking a NJT train from Secaucus Jct into Penn Station. Too many variables to pinpoint what train I'll make to Forrest Hills.

I'm thinking of hitting a pub ot two in NYC if I get into the city early enough, and then try to time a LIRR. If I miss that, I'll just jump on a subway out but definitely not driving into the city or out to FH. Pretty sure I still have your # in my contacts so I'll try and shoot you a text when I have an idea what my timing looks like. Maybe we can meet up pre show at one of those places by the Stadium. It'll be good to see you and hopefully Laura too.  :beer:

Hey Eric! That sounds good. There's only 1 train to Secaucus per hr from my home town -- & total trip time is 2 hrs -- so I'm pretty limited/locked in. My route has me transferring @ Secaucus Jct to get to Penn so maybe, just maybe, our times will mesh. If not, pre show drinks it is! :beer:

Sadly, Laura will not be coming. She has a family obligation w/ her in-laws. And is super bummed to be missing this (& annoyed that MMJ is playing in her former 'hood less than a yr after she moved, lol).

Have a great time @ MPP & please give my best to everyone!  Very sad to be missing it this time.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

JerseyDan

Sadly gotta drive as will be coming from Merriweather and need to get back to Philly in quick order for various reason. Sounds like street parking to me! Thx all!

CountSA

This show is going to be broadcast on WFUV in NY 90.70FM and WFUV.org, someone out there please record it! (info at bottom)

http://www.wfuv.org/content/my-morning-jacket-3

MFlo

hey everyone!

my buddy can no longer make the show Saturday :( so he's looking to sell his seats

Section 602   Row FF   Seats 3 - 4

$120 for the pair. they are electronic tickets so he would transfer on Flash Seats. let me know & I'll make the connection

PS I'll be there & can't wait!! only 3 more sleeps!!

itrainmonkeys

Anyone know if they are doing early entry for this show?

Jenfarr

7/15/17 - Queens, NY - Forest Hills Stadium
Box Office Hours: Opens at 3pm
Arrival for First Entry (30 mins before doors): 4:30pm
Early Entry Door Time (15 mins before doors): 4:45pm
Public Door Times: 5:00pm
Show Time: 6:00pm
Roll Call Line Location: Main Entrance (1 Tennis Place, Forest Hills, NY 11375)

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: Jenfarr on Jul 14, 2017, 04:55 PM

Thanks for this!

Just curious....can this be found after logging into Roll Call or something? I just checked the basic tour page for this show and didn't see details but maybe should have investigated more.

Jbpats

GCJ - 5:50
MMJ - 7:20

Glad to see the boys are getting a long set considering the 10 PM curfew.

Lonndown27

about 2 hours 40 mins to 2 hours 45  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

2 hours and 45 minutes is the new 3 hour show for the Jacket at this point, and I'll take every last droplet of Jacket. That's one reason why I wanted to hear the 'lectric Forest show. Cannot wait for this one either
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Jenfarr

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 14, 2017, 05:03 PM

Thanks for this!

Just curious....can this be found after logging into Roll Call or something? I just checked the basic tour page for this show and didn't see details but maybe should have investigated more.

Sorry, just seeing this.  I found it on the main drop down, Roll Call, Early Entry...I don't think I was signed in at the time.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: Jenfarr on Jul 14, 2017, 11:28 PM
Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Jul 14, 2017, 05:03 PM

Thanks for this!

Sorry, just seeing this.  I found it on the main drop down, Roll Call, Early Entry...I don't think I was signed in at the time.

Duh.....that makes sense lol. Thanks!

Jbpats

Murph

Does anyone have an extra GA for sale??  I'm striking out here

SVRDhand13

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 14, 2017, 05:14 PM

Really? Ticket says music at 6.

I'm getting there about 5:30 either way. Just curious.
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

Jbpats

Quote from: SVRDhand13 on Jul 15, 2017, 01:05 PM

That came from an official forest hill stadium email

SVRDhand13

Quote from: Jbpats on Jul 15, 2017, 01:17 PM
Quote from: SVRDhand13 on Jul 15, 2017, 01:05 PM

That came from an official forest hill stadium email

Thanks!
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

Lerch1je

Had a family emergency and can't go. My buddy is picking up my Roll Call tickets at will call and will sell one for $60 which is less than face. 2nd row balcony. Let me know. Section 801 row B

rdylanoconnor

Circuital
Twths
A new life
I'm amazed

LBSUNFLWR

APR

Thank you WFUV. ORG!!  Check out the broadcast live from Queens LBSUN if you can right now.

Lay Low
Tropics
I Will Sing You Songs