OBH First Song?

Started by rumdiesel, Jan 27, 2017, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumdiesel

Right before OBH2 someone posted a thread asking for guesses on what the first song would be.    And I'm pretty sure no one guessed a Christopher Cross cover.

So any guesses this time around?

searchinbig

Orleans - Dance With Me  :smiley:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

sb_gli

First song: OBH
stuff
Last song: OBH

jimsflyingv

The band is very sensitive regarding political matters maybe they play a protest song against Trump being in Mexico at a time were US/Mexico relations are getting more and more tense......
They usually play lots of Cover songs at OBH and they also have started with covers as well so it must not be that they start with one of their songs.

Coming to think of it "Keep on rocking in the free world" would be good choice though......

teej

Lawyers, Guns and Money

sillyboob

So far we've had:
OBH1 Night 1: Circuital
OBH1 Night 2: The Dark
OBH1 Night 3: Victory Dance
OBH2 Night 1: Ride Like The Wind  Christopher Cross cover
OBH2 Night 2: Down On The Bottom  New Basement Tapes cover
OBH3 Night 3: Victory Dance (Night 3 repeat opener)

It's going to be hard to top Ride Like The Wind.  It really set the mood for the rest of the week.  I really dug Down On The Bottom on Night 2 as well.  Although Rocking In The Free World would really see the band coming out swinging, so that would be great!

Can't wait!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

rab7607

I don't know why, but I've always thought a cover of Kokomo would be a great opener at OBH. If it is a MMJ song, I'll go with The Dark, but I think they'll surprise us.

Clarkwork

Let's Go Crazy by Prince

"dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called Life"
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

slappymoe

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jan 27, 2017, 03:11 PM
Let's Go Crazy by Prince

"dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called Life"
most excellent idea :thumbsup:

sillyboob

Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 27, 2017, 03:19 PM
Let's Go Crazy by Prince

most excellent idea :thumbsup:

Totally agree!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ericm

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Jan 27, 2017, 11:15 AM
The band is very sensitive regarding political matters maybe they play a protest song against Trump being in Mexico at a time were US/Mexico relations are getting more and more tense......
They usually play lots of Cover songs at OBH and they also have started with covers as well so it must not be that they start with one of their songs.

Coming to think of it "Keep on rocking in the free world" would be good choice though......

Trump is going to be in Mexico? And if he was going there, why would they play a song protesting that?
"Where's Jim going?"

LBSUNFLWR

Let's Go Crazy by Prince

Like! :)

bobmono

teej

Let's Go Crazy by Prince

This would be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piton87

Hopefully if the Falcons win Night 2 they cover Oh' Atlanta by Little Feat that would be incredible.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Clarkwork

Does anyone else remember before OBH 2 the band would actually post a few messages saying they were working on some surprises and had some special things in store?

I haven't seen them mention anything this time, and with the touring that Carl and Jim have done I wonder if they will even have any new cover songs or surprises?
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Zutroy

Another brick in the Wall.

Duh.

Bulldog

jimsflyingv

Quote from: teej on Jan 27, 2017, 01:58 PM
Lawyers, Guns and Money
That would be awesome since im a huge Warren Zevon fan

MMJCOBRA

You wanna freak out would be a sweet choice !