Moonlight - Movie

Started by HardNightConformist, Feb 01, 2017, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HardNightConformist

First off - see it. It's a painfully beautiful movie that has a real shot of taking home the best picture this year.

Secondly, oddly enough it features two songs on the soundtrack that Jim James/My Morning Jacket have adapted.

One of the very first scenes took me completely off guard when I heard the melody of "The World Is Smiling Now" playing in the background. I guess Mr. James sampled what I've later learned is called "It'll All Be Over" by Leonard Sanders.

When I looked through the soundtrack some more I stumbled across a little song called "Tyrone" by Erykah Badu. This may only be news to me, but I had no idea this wasn't a MMJ original.

Anyway - thought it was interesting  :thumbsup: Check out the movie if you haven't already!

APR

Cool pick up.  I saw the movie before JJ's album came out so I had no idea about the "It'll All Be Over"  connection or that JJ even sampled something at all for "The World Is Smiling Now."  And I don't remember hearing Tyrone in the film at all.  Something like that would have stuck with me usually.   Great movie too.

LBSUNFLWR

I loved the movie.
We noticed it and thought it may have actually been Jim's song in the movie.
Went online to look up the soundtrack and saw it wasn't.