Reports from OBH III

Started by MMJCOBRA, Feb 04, 2017, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJCOBRA

Arrived yesterday around 4. Beautiful weather so far and we've already met many beautiful fans (of course!). 

At the sound check they were testing out:
Here Comes the Sun!!!
Spring (among the living).  Opening Jim crooning filled the concert courtyard!!
Black Metal
Here Comes the Sun again
Golden
..then... they played the music of Golden with the vocals of Here Comes the Sun.  This was truly beautiful and reminded me me of something the Dead would try.

I could've missed some of the beginning of the sound check.

crooney

thanks for the updates!!  any and all details are much appreciated.  hoping everyone has a great time.  please play 'isn't it a pity' fellas.  thx!

jasongriff

so cool!

what time was sound check?

dexter

Thanks for updating us in the cold. Have a great time so,friggin jealous

Tomer

Thanks for the updates! The covers in the OBH shows are always fun. Have a blast whoever is there!
"Jim's voice makes Enya sound like a russian couple arguing in a bowling alley"

Derek713

Poster..... 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rab7607

This is for the folks that are here: do yourself a favor and try your merch shirts on. Dang, large ain't what it used to be. Hope they exchange tomorrow

tippitoes22

Muchas Gracias for any updates, muchachos!!!

Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

tippitoes22

I have a REALLY nice friend who's kindly taking time updating me(we met at OBH)

THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND
Amazed
First light
Xmas curtain
Sping
Lowdown
Golden
"Here comes the sun" jam
Pic of you
Steam engine....KENNY(Carl) on SAX....
Wish You Were Here
Master plan
O
Wonderful man
AEIOU

Lost contact after this.... if anyone has rest of serlist. Please lemme know.

Heard possible
Purple Rain
&
The Dark
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

teej

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMJCOBRA

Bermuda highway was in there as was I will be there when you die. (Pretty sure)  Was an all time type of show.

tippitoes22

I was getting the play by play via my buddy. Much appreciated!!! I can see now why the communication stopped. The end of that show look like a barn burner.

Cheers, to all the peeps there. If that was night one, get your rest. Shits gonna get wacky!
:thumbsup:

tippitoes22

No play by play tonight. Anyone that can post the opener or a few songs would be great.
Waiting with baited breath for a pic of the setlist. Gracias & por favor, muchachos...? :thumbsup:

Rupert230

Some songs:

Wonderful
Highly Suspicious
Dondante
Wordless Chorus
Outta My System
All You Need is Love
Rebel, Rebel
Sign O the Times
Black Metal
Mother

alexzbik

MMJ 2/5/17 One Big Holiday 3 Night 2

Tropics, Off The Record, Outta My System, Beats4U, New Life, You Never Can Tell%, The Right Time%*, Easy Morning Rebel, Dondante, Mother*, Wonderful*, Anytime, Rebel Rebel%, Run Thru

e: Wordless*, Black Metal*%, Sign O The Times%, Highly Suspicious%, Gideon, All You Need Is Love%*

%w/Preservation Hall Jazz Band
*w/Lucius
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

tippitoes22

Bulldog

All i can say is wow....was so incredible,  cant wait to hear the recordings, just a great mix of songs and as always PJB crushed it

jimsflyingv

did the play "Here comes the Sun" at one of the shows or only at rehearsal - would be great to have that as a recording :-)

rab7607

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Feb 06, 2017, 05:19 AM
did the play "Here comes the Sun" at one of the shows or only at rehearsal - would be great to have that as a recording :-)
It was tagged at the end of Golden and a couple lines during Jim and Carl solo part, no full version.

rmpotsy

what is "the right time"?  could it be "night time is the right time"?  i could see them killing that with PHJB. 

and if it is, i will be very disappointed in my 3 month old.
out go the lights it begins