New Jim James Solo Album - Eternally Even

Started by justbcuzido, Sep 19, 2016, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Here In Spirit keeps ....it just blows my mind. I posted before that I would rather have an MMJ album / live album DVD thing / tour over a Jim James solo album, but now I understand how one benefits another. Without him recording State of The Art by himself, we'd have never gotten to hear Jacket do that song and now it's become one of their MUSTS. I need to listen to the whole thing still, just cannot stop listening to live Jacket to do it.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Stevie

I've been listening to the album pretty consistently since it came out and three songs stand head and shoulders above the rest to me.  1. World is Smiling 2. Here in Spirit 3. In the Moment.  I like the jams (Hide in Plain Sight, Younger), especially live, but i've grown a little tired of them when I listen to the album.  True Nature is a cool track but i don't really feel anything when i listen to it.  Never liked Same Old Lie, not once.  I would put Eternally Even at number 4.  It's just a lovely song..  I think the common denominator between 3 of my top 4 is that Jim is singing in those and is more so talking in the others.  I think that makes them easier to love longer. 

As a whole, I may like this album more than the last three MMJ albums.  There are songs that are so powerful within those Jacket albums that they blow the doors off of anything Jim has done in solo (Slow Slow Tune, Smokin', Touch Me Part 2, Tropics, Spring), but Eternally Even just makes me feel very good.