OBHIII Recordings: When can we expect them?

Started by Stevie, Feb 08, 2017, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie

Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to make the OBH recordings available for purchase?

Also, Ive intentionally avoided all setlists and show reports and plan to listen to them all blindly so please no spoilers or show reports here, thanks!

walterfredo

way too long. Unless something changes. I feel like it took months after OBH2.

(just checked, didn't come out until April)

Stevie

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

johnnYYac

Was it explicitly stated that recordings would be available?  They offered them to attendees free and sold them, too.  I just hadn't heard anything specific about this year's OBH.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

alexzbik

More than just a run of shows, One Big Holiday is the ultimate musical vacation, with the stage overlooking a spacious concert courtyard and the Caribbean Sea as a backdrop. Bringing just 2,500 lucky fans as witnesses, One Big Holiday offers an intimate and one-of-a-kind experience to see music in paradise!

As an added bonus, all guests that attend the event will receive a complimentary download of the My Morning Jacket shows from One Big Holiday 2017!

http://www.mmjonebigholiday.com/music
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

sillyboob

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 10, 2017, 06:08 PM
Was it explicitly stated that recordings would be available?  They offered them to attendees free and sold them, too.  I just hadn't heard anything specific about this year's OBH.

I'm 95% sure I saw that downloads would again be available. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jimmyE

I checked my old emails, and after OBH 2 we received the download codes on April 14th, so that's exactly two months from today.

I think they came a bit quicker for the first OBH, but someone else would need to confirm.

MOWJO8185

It was Feb 28 for the first OBH. The shows took place a little earlier (1/26, 1/27, and 1/29), so it took them about a month.  I'm hoping this year will more closely model that year - in 2015 I think they found themselves pretty busy with other items related to album release prep, tour set-up, etc, when they finished up OBH. In 2014 they had a pretty open slate, and it seems that perhaps this year will be similar?

millerjustin

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Feb 14, 2017, 11:22 AM
It was Feb 28 for the first OBH. The shows took place a little earlier (1/26, 1/27, and 1/29), so it took them about a month.  I'm hoping this year will more closely model that year - in 2015 I think they found themselves pretty busy with other items related to album release prep, tour set-up, etc, when they finished up OBH. In 2014 they had a pretty open slate, and it seems that perhaps this year will be similar?

OBH2 recordings were also fraught with wind and tech issues - this year was really clean sounding, so hoping for faster turn-around
What's in here won't disappear

jimmyE

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 14, 2017, 11:27 AM
OBH2 recordings were also fraught with wind and tech issues - this year was really clean sounding, so hoping for faster turn-around

Totally agree - the wind on night 1 of OBH2 in particular was really strong and I would imagine made mastering the shows more difficult.

Clarkwork

They blocked the wind this time at the back of the stage, so I think it will be faster turn around as well.  Can't wait to hear these.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

bartel

as someone who is in australia with next to no chance to see them live right now recordings will be appreciated.

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....