New interview with Jim

Started by seancannon, Feb 14, 2017, 10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seancannon

Jim talks about the first time he fell in love with music, how the shadiest motel in Louisville was responsible for the birth of My Morning Jacket, and how songwriting helps him capture some certainty in an uncertain world.

https://soundcloud.com/guestlistshow/jim-james-my-morning-jacket

seancannon

walterfredo

great interview. Thank you for sharing.

DaydreamNation

World famous Louisville artist on a world famous Louisville radio show. Thanks Sean!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

seancannon

Now you're just making me blush.

APR

That was terrific!  A great conversation that I wanted to go on for another few hours.  Thanks for posting and for a special interview.

Lonndown27

fuck yeah Sean! SeanCannon post more on here man!

Thank you for this gem! Wish you would've asked about the upcoming live album / DVD that nobody remembers is happening hahah, but this is brilliant!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

dogwoody

Absolutely great interview.

GO4IT

Superb, Sean!
That was a half hour well spent :thumbsup:

MMJTX

which album was it again?
Anytime

seancannon

I've been in love with that Link Wray record for a long time, but once I finally buckled and bought it on vinyl, the love was ratcheted up a couple of notches.

This is also the point where I'll be a shameless self-promoter and say that, if you liked this interview, you should check out my radio show/podcast. Lots of in-depth conversations with interesting people on there. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/guestlist-sean-cannon/id509851764

davymac

This interview is incredible!  Thanks for sharing.

davymac

This interview really does give you a little more depth into Jim.  Gonna listen again this morning.  I've never viewed his lyrics as "vulnerable" but I think that's spot on!  I really think I'm being sincere.

MikeR1390

Not to say Jim isn't totally "into" other interviews but it seems like this is one of the most genuine interviews I have ever heard with him. Not sure what makes me think that way but it sure was a great listen. Thanks Sean!