Started by bowwowmeowmeow, Feb 16, 2017, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

Quote from: bowwowmeowmeow on Apr 07, 2017, 12:22 PM
Response yesterday:

Venae (Wonderful Union Fan Support)
Apr 6, 3:02 PM PDT

Hello,

We have not received the My Morning Jacket end of the year bonus vinyls to fulfill orders. Upon receipt of the merchandise your order will be shipped to the following address...

Maybe when they said end of the year bonus, they meant end of 2017....
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

JaneCool

I too am awaiting the vinyl and my membership expires in May. As I recall, I bought purchased longer than a one year membership at the time - so it's been well over a year I'm waiting on this vinyl now. Not good business practice imo.
So, I do believe.....

JaneCool

Something else, it says the only option now is a digital membership for $15. Forgive me if this has already been addressed because I don't frequent this forum too often but is this the only offering for renewal? Because it doesn't seem to guarantee or get you much....
So, I do believe.....

rkwedge

Quote from: JaneCool on Apr 20, 2017, 08:26 PM
Something else, it says the only option now is a digital membership for $15. Forgive me if this has already been addressed because I don't frequent this forum too often but is this the only offering for renewal? Because it doesn't seem to guarantee or get you much....
As of now it is the only option. You can use your 2016 laminate for early entry if you are going to a show where early entry is available.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

jcoyote

If the digital does not come with a laminate, why do you need to buy it for early entry? In the past, the gate staff aren't really looking at your current membership status. I chatted with WU, and they were prompt. She pretty much said that they don't produce the vinyl, just mail it out when it is received, which I can't argue with. "Unfortunately, we do not know what is going on. We have no other role in the production of the vinyl's besides just shipping them out. We have yet to receive them and will definitely share an update as soon as we get it. I know the issue was industry-wide so there may be some production issues with that." Blaming this on the band, label, etc. Cut a 7" already, press it, and send it out. Then cut ties or whatever with WU.

ericm

Quote from: jcoyote on May 04, 2017, 07:33 PM
If the digital does not come with a laminate, why do you need to buy it for early entry? In the past, the gate staff aren't really looking at your current membership status. I chatted with WU, and they were prompt. She pretty much said that they don't produce the vinyl, just mail it out when it is received, which I can't argue with. "Unfortunately, we do not know what is going on. We have no other role in the production of the vinyl's besides just shipping them out. We have yet to receive them and will definitely share an update as soon as we get it. I know the issue was industry-wide so there may be some production issues with that." Blaming this on the band, label, etc. Cut a 7" already, press it, and send it out. Then cut ties or whatever with WU.

You don't need to buy it for early entry because as you said,you don't get the early entry laminate with the Digital RC. The above posts were referring to the 2016 laminate being used for early entry and buying the current Digital for presales as its the only option available.

I have to  disagree with you on the gate staff checking for current laminates as they most certainly do check. In fact they post what laminates are accepted on the EE page each tour and they've said they will accept the 2016 one this summer.

While they're pretty leanient as far as showing a print out or current status on your phone in case you don't have the laminate, they do want to see proof of a current Deluxe membership.
"Where's Jim going?"

jcoyote

Thanks. I read back what I posted, and saw I didn't initially paste this quote from WU as I intended. That was where my question came from. "The band made a decision not to offer a deluxe membership this year but if you renew with a digital, your 2016 laminate will be honored for early entry at any shows you attend."  I realize that you'll have to have your 2016 laminate. Tiger, right? We used to get a card, but they stopped that. Still think MMJ needs to step up with that 7". It is their club. Getting ridiculous that it was due in December and it is May. A split 7" from ANY show ( Terminal 5?)  or demo will work. Just give us something.

louisvilledanahys

I just got a UPS notice that I have a package coming from WU. No details yet, but I haven't ordered anything recently. May be the vinyl.

louisvilledanahys

Sorry. The previous post is wrong. I have tix for Cincy getting delivered by UPS. I thought I had them already. Sorry.

ditty

Me to, but my Cincy tickets were supposed to be will call...hmm
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

YimYodd

My Cincy & Nville tix are both to be mailed, but supposedly  not til June????

Update - Checked my account and shows it is the Cincy tix shipped.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

PookdaddyG

So... I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but something tells me that they didn't ship these in the end of March like they said they would last I heard from them. At what point should I just give up on expecting this to actually ship?

Mr. White

Well, believe it or not, I saw something on MMJ's Facebook Fan Club page where someone re-posted something Bo Koster had posted in response to a fan asking about the 7 inch single for the Roll Call Fan Club.

Here it is copied and pasted and edited a little.
"@aschnese‏ @aschnese33  May 25
@worldbofree hey man! A bunch of us roll call members are still waiting without any real answers about the vinyl we didn't get. Any help???
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply  1   Retweet   
Like   Direct message
World Bo Free‏Verified account @worldbofree  May 25
I think they're going out next week?  Apparently there was a delay with the vinyl production.

Reply  1   Retweet   
Like   Direct message
@aschnese‏ @aschnese33  May 25
Appreciate the reply, wasn't getting any answers from wonderful union. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them! See ya in Columbus!
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
Reply  1   Retweet   
Like 1   Direct message

World Bo Free‏Verified account
@worldbofree

Following
Replying to @aschnese33
No worries.  We're working on making things better and more smooth going forward.  We know its been frustrating.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

rkwedge

Quote from: Mr. White on May 29, 2017, 04:13 PM
Well, believe it or not, I saw something on MMJ's Facebook Fan Club page where someone re-posted something Bo Koster had posted in response to a fan asking about the 7 inch single for the Roll Call Fan Club.

Here it is copied and pasted and edited a little.
"@aschnese‏ @aschnese33  May 25
@worldbofree hey man! A bunch of us roll call members are still waiting without any real answers about the vinyl we didn't get. Any help???
Reply  1   Retweet   
Like   Direct message
World Bo Free‏Verified account @worldbofree  May 25
I think they're going out next week?  Apparently there was a delay with the vinyl production.

Reply  1   Retweet   
Like   Direct message
@aschnese‏ @aschnese33  May 25
Appreciate the reply, wasn't getting any answers from wonderful union. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them! See ya in Columbus!
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
Reply  1   Retweet   
Like 1   Direct message

World Bo Free‏Verified account
@worldbofree

Following
Replying to @aschnese33
No worries.  We're working on making things better and more smooth going forward.  We know its been frustrating.
I like Bo's last statement, makes me feel WU is history. Meanwhile I just keep enjoying my awesome tin cup until my 7" arrives.  :grin:

robb

FWIW my order status has finally switched to "processing".
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

mcredder

Just talked to wonderful union. Vinyls arrived to them yesterday and they will be shipping out next week and the week after.

walterfredo

Quote from: mcredder on May 31, 2017, 05:30 PM
Just talked to wonderful union. Vinyls arrived to them yesterday and they will be shipping out next week and the week after.

Christmas in June!

rkwedge

Just got my UPS tracking number for my 7". Says June 2 delivery! :thumbsup:

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

jcoyote

Yea, got my tracking number as well. Not defending Wonderful Union, but not sure how this is their fault. They can't ship vinyl that they did not have. Pressing plants are behind schedule everywhere. At least we're finally getting it. Actually, when I chatted with WU, they responded quickly. Did not give me the answer I wanted to hear, but they hadn't received the shipment yet.