Roll Call: No download code and no 7" single

Started by bowwowmeowmeow, Feb 16, 2017, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowwowmeowmeow

@jcoyote
As a longtime Roll Call member, I have had more issues with Wonderful Union orders than any other online retail company. And I've sold 15000+ on ebay and Amazon over the last 20 years, while also making hundreds of purchases of my own from countless online companies. So at this point with WU it's like the boy who cried wolf. Maybe there was a vinyl pressing delay, though the delays you commonly hear about are for LPs, not 7"s. At any rate, the 7" was due in Dec. 2016 as it always is, so one would reasonably expect the planning to occur many months in advance. Then came the March 2017 email stating that they were shipping that same month. Then another 3 months of silence, and now they're quietly shipping. Is it that hard to communicate with your paying members and customers? Apparently it is for WU. I think band member Bo summed it up best:
"We're working on making things better and more smooth going forward.  We know its been frustrating."

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

justbcuzido

Just got my UPS Tracking. However, it's due to arrive the day I bounce for a three week holiday. Hopefully, I can hear it before I fly out. Just glad its shipping.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

Quote from: rkwedge on May 31, 2017, 07:18 PM
Just got my UPS tracking number for my 7". Says June 2 delivery! :thumbsup:

Can you let us know what songs are on it? Picture of the packaging maybe?

rkwedge

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jun 02, 2017, 04:52 PM
Quote from: rkwedge on May 31, 2017, 07:18 PM
Just got my UPS tracking number for my 7". Says June 2 delivery! :thumbsup:

Can you let us know what songs are on it? Picture of the packaging maybe?
I would so love to but it was not delivered today. It's at my local UPS but didn't make it in time to get on the truck so Monday it is. :angry:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

oistheone

Looks like it's "Tonight I Want To Celebrate With You"+"Look At You" b/w "The Day Is Coming"

From the 2012 show in NH with just Jim & Carl

Mr. White

Got these images from someone on Facebook who got their record today. Not mine.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

rkwedge

Sweet  :thumbsup: Thanks for posting Mr. White now I won't have to wonder all weekend. Nice to see Reno's touch too  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

It's a relief to read that Bo is in the know about the frustrations, and they're working on improving things.  I'm optimistic about the next iteration of the fan club.

CountSA

Quote from: oistheone on Jun 02, 2017, 06:07 PM
Looks like it's "Tonight I Want To Celebrate With You"+"Look At You" b/w "The Day Is Coming"

Hell yes!! I was at the show so this is pretty exciting for me.  I remember The Day is Coming had an amazing extended outro.

parkervb

Quote from: CountSA on Jun 03, 2017, 05:39 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Jun 02, 2017, 06:07 PM

Hell yes!! I was at the show so this is pretty exciting for me.  I remember The Day is Coming had an amazing extended outro.

i am also pretty excited to hear mine and think these are really cool choices for a fan club release since I am pretty sure there are no recordings of these anywhere.
Don't you ever turn it off

Mr. White

Got mine today! Thanks, My Morning Jacket! Hopefully this tradition will continue ... hopefully.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

KingCobra

Anybody do any digging  to know how many vinyl pressings were done for the different Roll Call 7 inches? Especially the rare one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm On A Four Day Creep

bowwowmeowmeow

Which is the rare one, "Roll Call Bonus 7-Inch" 2016? Looking now, I don't believe I have this one, and I'm quite sure I added the extended membership. Fucking WU.

All 5 are listed on Discogs.com.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/100346-My-Morning-Jacket?limit=250&page=1

justbcuzido

Quote from: bowwowmeowmeow on Aug 10, 2017, 01:42 PM
Which is the rare one, "Roll Call Bonus 7-Inch" 2016? Looking now, I don't believe I have this one, and I'm quite sure I added the extended membership. Fucking WU.

All 5 are listed on Discogs.com.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/100346-My-Morning-Jacket?limit=250&page=1

The one with "hopefully" is the super rare one. WU only gave it to a select few people who were doubled up on membership or something along those lines. I have never seen it for sale on discogs. It's the only piece of MMJ vinyl I don't have :(

KingCobra

My guess is 50-100 pressing of the 7 inch with  Hopefully on it. Not sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm On A Four Day Creep