Livedownload shows you'd like to see the band release

Started by Mr. White, Feb 17, 2017, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Post your choices for special live MMJ shows that you'd like to see released.

I went to Carl Broemel's most recent solo show in Nashville at the Basement East on January 27, 2017. After the show, I got the chance to speak with Tom Blankenship for quite a while (he was hanging out in front of the place talking to members of Everest and a handful of fans). Every time I run into one of the band members, I try to think of a question or two that the fans would be interested in and that I'm interested in. The first thing that came to mind was "Are there any plans to release the T5 shows?" I told him I didn't attend that run of shows, but that lots of folks have voiced their wishes that they would be released in some format or another. He kind of cringed and said something to the effect of "That's a tough one. We sort of got started on that whole big project, but kind of got bogged down. There were over 100 something songs during that run." He made it sound like it probably wouldn't happen. I then brought up the fact that they haven't released a Livedownloads show since the 2015 Red Rocks show and that many of the big time, loyal fans have already purchased all the ones already available, therefore we can't use our Roll Call Membership Free Download Codes. He said Carl might be the best one to ask that question to, but he then added that it would be interesting to hear what the fans consider to be special shows that they'd like to see released. I told him I'd post that question here on the Forum, and he added to possibly post it on the Facebook Fan Club too. I am doing that right now.

So, what are the shows that really stick out in your memories that you'd like to see released on Livedownloads?
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

timescaper

Without question ... I've been to like 60 shows and this was the "coolest" setlist ever ...

August 12th 2012 - Columbus, OH LC Pavilion

Heartbreakin Man
First Light
Holdin On to Black Metal
X-Mas Curtain
What a Wonderful Man
Outta My System
Circuital
Tyrone
I'm Amazed
Phone Went West
Gideon
Come Closer
Carried Away
Lay Low
Run Thru
Anytime
One Big Holiday

Encore:
Hopefully
Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
Victory Dance
Wordless Chorus
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 1. ->
O Is the One That Is Real ->
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2

Encore 2:
Steam Engine (drum solo)

*drop mic*

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: timescaper on Feb 17, 2017, 08:27 PM
Without question ... I've been to like 60 shows and this was the "coolest" setlist ever ...

Heartbreakin Man
First Light
Holdin On to Black Metal
X-Mas Curtain
What a Wonderful Man
Outta My System
Circuital
Tyrone
I'm Amazed
Phone Went West
Gideon
Come Closer
Carried Away
Lay Low
Run Thru
Anytime
One Big Holiday

Encore:
Hopefully
Victory Dance
Wordless Chorus

Encore 2:
Steam Engine (drum solo)

*drop mic*

The night they played my #1 most requested song "Come Closer". I missed this by one night as I was in Milwaukee the night before seeing MMJ. I can't believe it's one of the only shows to have no tapers at or at least any released.

Would love to have this on Livedownloads

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Sheets Of Clay

I think 2012 is their best year of touring, and I did 8 shows that year. I really think 08-24-12 Atlanta is the best of all of them. It'd be great if that show was available.

Murph

Heartbreakin Man
First Light
Holdin On to Black Metal
X-Mas Curtain
What a Wonderful Man
Outta My System
Circuital
Tyrone
I'm Amazed
Phone Went West
Gideon
Come Closer
Carried Away
Lay Low
Run Thru
Anytime
One Big Holiday

Encore:
Hopefully
Victory Dance
Wordless Chorus

Encore 2:
Steam Engine (drum solo)

*drop mic*

That is a wild setlist, wouldn't mind hearing that one. 

oistheone

They could release anything and I would buy it. Just more shows, PLEASE!

amskinz

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Feb 17, 2017, 09:23 PM

Heartbreakin Man
First Light
Holdin On to Black Metal
X-Mas Curtain
What a Wonderful Man
Outta My System
Circuital
Tyrone
I'm Amazed
Phone Went West
Gideon
Come Closer
Carried Away
Lay Low
Run Thru
Anytime
One Big Holiday

Encore:
Hopefully
Victory Dance
Wordless Chorus

Encore 2:
Steam Engine (drum solo)

*drop mic*

The night they played my #1 most requested song "Come Closer". I missed this by one night as I was in Milwaukee the night before seeing MMJ. I can't believe it's one of the only shows to have no tapers at or at least any released.

Would love to have this on Livedownloads

CHIMMJFAN

I did see one taper at this show, but it has never surfaced. This show also gets my vote, hands down
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

MOWJO8185

Well, outside of the obvious T5 and Beacon runs...

Columbus 2012
Red Rocks 2016 (really, all Red Rocks shows should just be an automatic release)
I'd really like to see some early, ISM era releases like Headliners (if SBDs exist from that long ago)
A show from their 2004 run where tunes like Death is the Easy Way, One in the Same, and Oxen were in the rotation (like this: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/my-morning-jacket/2004/the-theatre-of-living-arts-philadelphia-pa-13d1a509.html )

I'm sort of a completist for having every tune have a live release in some form, so my targets are for maximum song variety.

Lonndown27

im so glad COLUMBUS 2012 GETS THE FIRST MENTION AND THE MOST!!!!

2012 for me, IS their best touring year. That can still be surpassed by 2015, which was facemeltingly awesome, but I haven't had time to listen to EVERY SHOW from that year as I have 2012. 2012 was also the first time I saw the band, destroy our faces for 2 hours and 31 minutes on the dot in SLC.

so mine would  go:

- Columbus 2012
- SLC 2012 (as the bootleg isn't complete, missing the entire encore and 7 minutes of the greatest Gideon I've ever heard)

- Red Rocks 2016 obviously

- 2010 KFC Yum show, would be unbelievable

- 2008 MSG because I KNOW from watching Anderson Cooper's NYE 2009 show that THEY DID FILM THIS SHOW IN ITS ENTIRETY....Goddamn to spend ONE DAY in the MMJ archives ....WOW

- 2008 Bonnaroo OBVIOUSLY

- 2006 Bonnaroo was the greatest show they did in the pre-Okonokos / pre Evil Urges era, hands down. Totally cemented that chapter of the band

- 2015 Beacon shows, all in one package, hopefully these are the shows they're compiling for Okonokos II, such meaty beaty badass setlists and showing off tunes like They Ran (2015 has the best They Rans in their career and I've heard em all, used to think SLC 2007 and RR2012 couldn't be beat, but every single version on the 2015 tour has been orgasmic) , How Do You Know one of my personal favorites all time and Just Because I Do etc.

There are SOOOOO many.....

someone say Atlanta 2012? I'm gonna go check that setlist out, all of the 2012 setlists are unbelievable, even the festival shows pack a punch.  I mean, god, my first MMJ show I got Evelyn, Phone Went West, War Begun, Evil Urges played for the first time in a year and first time opening a show since 2009 or something like that. They were giving fans maximum song variety, which seems to be #1 for us obsessives, including ME.

CHIMMJFAN, you and I are the ambassadors of Come Closer, we are ALWAYS repping that song hardcore. It's divine, mysterious and has a palpable energy that probably scares Jim hahah
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Varitek

2011.06.24 - Fox Theatre - Oakland, CA

2015.10.15 - The Masonic - San Francisco, CA
"Did he just put on a cape?"

LBSUNFLWR

The two Iroquois shows from last year would be pretty great. As a set it had everything.
Plus I feel like the performance was extra special being that it was a hometown show at a small venue that they had never played before. Would love to relive those 2 nights. On paper I think the first night would have been my favorite but the performance on the 2nd night was over the top amazing!

Of course Terminal 5 would be high on my list. I lived right outside NYC at the time but could only afford to go to 1 show and I chose At Dawn. It was incredible and I've always wanted to hear all the other nights.

LBSUNFLWR

Was this one ever released?
This was my first MMJ show and it was ridiculous. If I only knew then what I know now...
In all my life, if I could time travel and re-live some of the shows I have seen this would be near the top of the list.

My Morning Jacket @ Radio City Music Hall
June 20, 2008

Evil Urges
Off The Record
I'm Amazed
Highly Suspicious
What a Wonderful Man
Touch Me Part 1
Sec Walkin
Golden
Thank You Too
The Way That He Sings
Two Halves
Phone Went West
Aluminum Park
Steam Engine->
Smokin From Shootin->
Touch Me Part 2

Encore:
Bermuda Highway
Librarian
Wordless Chorus
It Beats 4 U
Dondante
The Bear
Lay Low
Run Thru
Anytime
One Big Holiday

Read More: My Morning Jacket @ Radio City Music Hall – pics & setlist | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/my-morning-jack-10/?trackback=tsmclip

Varitek

I'm amazed they didn't put up the Lockn' set from last year on 08.27.16. There was a huge buzz from fans and newcomers alike after that performance. Plenty of high end focus on audio/video production that would seem to make it easy for a quick turnaround to LiveDownloads. That seemed like a golden opportunity to get a great recording of a great performance at a time when they are not playing live much. It's a head scratcher.....
"Did he just put on a cape?"

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Varitek on Feb 22, 2017, 08:48 PM
I'm amazed they didn't put up the Lockn' set from last year on 08.27.16. There was a huge buzz from fans and newcomers alike after that performance. Plenty of high end focus on audio/video production that would seem to make it easy for a quick turnaround to LiveDownloads. That seemed like a golden opportunity to get a great recording of a great performance at a time when they are not playing live much. It's a head scratcher.....

Pretty sure we saw 2-3 great sounding Audience recordings of this show. Look for that...

sillyboob

There is a soundboard bootleg out there.  I was listening to it down at OBH to relive Rebel Rebel, What The World Needs Now & Purple Rain.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 23, 2017, 10:20 AM

There is a soundboard bootleg out there.  I was listening to it down at OBH to relive Rebel Rebel, What The World Needs Now & Purple Rain.

there are 3 or 4 solid recordings on Etree and Darkstarflashes also has full HD video on YT
What's in here won't disappear

parkervb

I missed MPP in 2012 so I had to get to this Raleigh show a couple of weeks later. Might not have huge wow factor, but any show w/ a Rollin Back opener that has Evelyn, DITEW, PWW, Lay Low, Twilight w one of my favorite Jacket covers is one I'd love to have a LiveDownload of

Edit this setlist | More My Morning Jacket setlists
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 23, 2017, 11:31 AM
I missed MPP in 2012 so I had to get to this Raleigh show a couple of weeks later. Might not have huge wow factor, but any show w/ a Rollin Back opener that has Evelyn, DITEW, PWW, Lay Low, Twilight w one of my favorite Jacket covers is one I'd love to have a LiveDownload of

Edit this setlist | More My Morning Jacket setlists

you've mentioned this Raleigh show in 2012 before and i've been salivating over that setlist forever, add this one again to my list. Anything with a Rollin Back opener, I'M THERE
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

millerjustin

The 2015 Vegas shows were HOT and would be great to have SBDs instead of crowd source on Etree - methinks that anything that is already open source (archive or otherwise) will probably never be released by the band, so it's the restricted shows to look out for (Beacon run being an example where they actively discouraged any filming)
What's in here won't disappear

easy way

Highly unlikely to see this one ever surface, but I'd love to relive my first show. It was in the basement of the Tabernacle... nothing like seeing Jacket for the 1st time in a church basement!

2004.01.17 - Atlanta, GA @ The Cotton Club

Mahgeetah
Dancefloors
Picture of You
The Way That He Sings
Lowdown
Just One Thing
Sooner
One Big Holiday
I Will Sing You Songs
Phone Went West
Steam Engine

E: Golden (Jim Solo)
How Could I Know (Jim Solo)
Strangulation (Jim Solo)
War Begun
Easy Morning Rebel
Run Thru
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."