Livedownload shows you'd like to see the band release

Started by Mr. White, Feb 17, 2017, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Quote from: easy way on Feb 24, 2017, 10:56 AM
Highly unlikely to see this one ever surface, but I'd love to relive my first show. It was in the basement of the Tabernacle... nothing like seeing Jacket for the 1st time in a church basement!

2004.01.17 - Atlanta, GA @ The Cotton Club

Mahgeetah
Dancefloors
Picture of You
The Way That He Sings
Lowdown
Just One Thing
Sooner
One Big Holiday
I Will Sing You Songs
Phone Went West
Steam Engine

E: Golden (Jim Solo)
How Could I Know (Jim Solo)
Strangulation (Jim Solo)
War Begun
Easy Morning Rebel
Run Thru

what a perfect time to see them . Strangulation! solo ? awwwwwsome

btw , that segue from O Is The One into What A Wonderful Man @ RR2016 was outta control peoples!!   :cool:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Varitek

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 23, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 23, 2017, 10:20 AM
Quote from: Varitek on Feb 22, 2017, 08:48 PM
I'm amazed they didn't put up the Lockn' set from last year on 08.27.16. There was a huge buzz from fans and newcomers alike after that performance. Plenty of high end focus on audio/video production that would seem to make it easy for a quick turnaround to LiveDownloads. That seemed like a golden opportunity to get a great recording of a great performance at a time when they are not playing live much. It's a head scratcher.....

There is a soundboard bootleg out there.  I was listening to it down at OBH to relive Rebel Rebel, What The World Needs Now & Purple Rain.

there are 3 or 4 solid recordings on Etree and Darkstarflashes also has full HD video on YT

You guys are absolutely right and I have listened to those sources endlessly. And while I appreciate the efforts of those that made them available, they are all MP3 sourced from the video stream. Phish had 24 bit, high resolution files of their sets available for purchase less than an hour after they walked off stage while MMJ leave it to their fans to produce recordings. I realize MMJ doesn't have Phish's kind of infrastructure but that is why releasing the Lockn set in a timely manner would have made so much sense. And if they aren't interested in those opportunities than my guess is we won't be seeing any LiveDownloads show up either. I just don't think the band is interested, it seems like more of a nuisance to them than anything else.

The following is a few examples of bands and the number of shows they have available at LiveDownloads

Barenaked Ladies    88
EOTO                     714
The New Deal         71
Tea Leaf Green        81
BoomBox               107

My Morning Jacket  21

I mean no disrespect to the other 5 bands on the list, but come on!! Barenaked Ladies has 88 shows available!!!!

The Jacket boys are either incredibly critical of themselves or they have no interest in letting someone else work on it or both.

I've gone way off topic and now
I'm just complaining. First world problems.
And to Tom, Jim, Patrick and Carl; if you need someone to work on this I'm available. If it's good enough for Barenaked Ladies' fans, it's good enough for us! We need more Live Jacket!!!!! Or at least the Columbus show!!!!
"Did he just put on a cape?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: Varitek on Feb 25, 2017, 03:06 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 23, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 23, 2017, 10:20 AM
Quote from: Varitek on Feb 22, 2017, 08:48 PM
I'm amazed they didn't put up the Lockn' set from last year on 08.27.16. There was a huge buzz from fans and newcomers alike after that performance. Plenty of high end focus on audio/video production that would seem to make it easy for a quick turnaround to LiveDownloads. That seemed like a golden opportunity to get a great recording of a great performance at a time when they are not playing live much. It's a head scratcher.....

There is a soundboard bootleg out there.  I was listening to it down at OBH to relive Rebel Rebel, What The World Needs Now & Purple Rain.

there are 3 or 4 solid recordings on Etree and Darkstarflashes also has full HD video on YT

You guys are absolutely right and I have listened to those sources endlessly. And while I appreciate the efforts of those that made them available, they are all MP3 sourced from the video stream. Phish had 24 bit, high resolution files of their sets available for purchase less than an hour after they walked off stage while MMJ leave it to their fans to produce recordings. I realize MMJ doesn't have Phish's kind of infrastructure but that is why releasing the Lockn set in a timely manner would have made so much sense. And if they aren't interested in those opportunities than my guess is we won't be seeing any LiveDownloads show up either. I just don't think the band is interested, it seems like more of a nuisance to them than anything else.

The following is a few examples of bands and the number of shows they have available at LiveDownloads

Barenaked Ladies    88
EOTO                     714
The New Deal         71
Tea Leaf Green        81
BoomBox               107

My Morning Jacket  21

I mean no disrespect to the other 5 bands on the list, but come on!! Barenaked Ladies has 88 shows available!!!!

The Jacket boys are either incredibly critical of themselves or they have no interest in letting someone else work on it or both.

I've gone way off topic and now
I'm just complaining. First world problems.
And to Tom, Jim, Patrick and Carl; if you need someone to work on this I'm available. If it's good enough for Barenaked Ladies' fans, it's good enough for us! We need more Live Jacket!!!!! Or at least the Columbus show!!!!

I second that, I will do it too! I'd love to help!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Yeah total head scratcher that they don't release more shows. I'd buy every single one. Oh well.

wheelhousetunes

The Barenaked Ladies probably have more shows available than the total number they've sold.

millerjustin

not really fair to expect Phish-level broadcasting and SBD turn-around since MMJ doesn't have a $2M+ satellite truck to haul around the country with them.

As I mentioned above, these opportunities are venue based (for domestic shows where promoter or venue owner has tech installed), festival based (whether promoter driven like Lockn or by MMJ at OBH), or special production based (promoter driven like Red Rocks 2015).
What's in here won't disappear

gardenparty

if not the entire T5 run bow about just TTF night

a completely new spin on the recorded album and great snapshot of how their music evolves live.

Lonndown27

Quote from: gardenparty on Feb 27, 2017, 05:07 PM
if not the entire T5 run bow about just TTF night

a completely new spin on the recorded album and great snapshot of how their music evolves live.

so well said. I think if there were an Okonokos II it'd have to have good representation from that first LP (whereas Okonokos I had only I Think I'm Going To Hell). I would expect to see:

HEARTBREAKIN
THEY RAN
EVELYN
THE BEAR
THE DARK?
PICTURE OF YOU (for damn sure)
WAR BEGUN        (for damn sure)

I would hope they'd include that many on Okonokos II from TTF, it's a remarkable album, even better live.

meltingaway

I too shall never forget my first jacket show on halloween '05 in boulder...in the immortal words of eddie money. "i wanna go back...go back and do it all over, but i can't go back i know"

2005-10-31 Fox Theater - Boulder, CO   
1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
3. One Big Holiday
4. Off The Record
5. What A Wonderful Man
6. Dancefloors
7. The Way That He Sings
8. Golden
9. Sooner
10. Gideon
11. Lay Low
12. Dondante
13. Run Thru
----------
14. I Think I'm Going To Hell
15. Lowdown
16. Make It With You (Bread)
17. Anytime
18. Mahgeetah

Support Act:
Saul Williams

and then there were the ogden theater shows in denver in '07, magical, powerful

2007-01-12 Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO   
1. One Big Holiday
2. What A Wonderful Man
3. Gideon
4. The Way That He Sings
5. Wordless Chorus
6. Lay Low
7. Phone Went West
8. Off The Record
9. It Beats 4 U
10. Golden
11. Dondante
12. Run Thru
13. They Ran
----------
14. Bermuda Highway
15. Knot Comes Loose
16. Steam Engine
17. Mahgeetah
18. Anytime

Support Act:
Elvis Perkins in Dearland

007-01-13 Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO   

Oh man, forgot about "into the woods" solo jim, damn, so under-rated

1. It Beats 4 U
2. Gideon
3. The Dark
4. Lowdown
5. Wordless Chorus
6. What A Wonderful Man
7. Off The Record
8. Golden
9. I Will Sing You Songs
10. Dondante
11. Cobra
12. Honest Man
13. Lay Low
14. One Big Holiday
15. Mahgeetah
----------
16. Into The Woods (Jim James solo)
17. Nashville To Kentucky
18. The Bear
19. Rollin' Back
20. Easy Morning Rebel
21. Dancefloors
22. Run Thru
23. Anytime

Special Guests:
The Dearland Horns (Easy Morning Rebel, Dancefloors)

Support Act:

parkervb

Quote from: meltingaway on Feb 27, 2017, 09:28 PMquote author=meltingaway link=topic=20866.msg385691#msg385691 date=1488248931]

07-01-13 Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO   

Oh man, forgot about "into the woods" solo jim, damn, so under-rated

1. It Beats 4 U
2. Gideon
3. The Dark
4. Lowdown
5. Wordless Chorus
6. What A Wonderful Man
7. Off The Record
8. Golden
9. I Will Sing You Songs
10. Dondante
11. Cobra
12. Honest Man
13. Lay Low
14. One Big Holiday
15. Mahgeetah
----------
16. Into The Woods (Jim James solo)
17. Nashville To Kentucky
18. The Bear
19. Rollin' Back
20. Easy Morning Rebel
21. Dancefloors
22. Run Thru
23. Anytime

Special Guests:
The Dearland Horns (Easy Morning Rebel, Dancefloors)

Support Act:

ok, this is settled for me. This is the one. Horn section for EMR and Dancefloors! IWSYS, Dondante, Cobra, Honest Man, Lay Low, OBH, Mahgeetah to end it main set before a ridic encore.  Here it is on Relisten:

http://relisten.net/mmj/2007/1/13
Don't you ever turn it off

meltingaway

wow, thanks for finding that, listening now! that was probably the best weekend of my life - i went to both shows, rekindled an old flame, took some molly, and stumbled home just a few blocks each night just glowing

sillyboob

Quote from: meltingaway on Feb 28, 2017, 05:32 PM
wow, thanks for finding that, listening now! that was probably the best weekend of my life - i went to both shows, rekindled an old flame, took some molly, and stumbled home just a few blocks each night just glowing

Sounds epic!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Murph

I'm falling into a deep wormhole on this site:  http://relisten.net/mmj/2007/1/13

Listening back to the 8/19/2012 Brooklyn show at Williamsburg... one of the best Dondantes ever

parkervb

Quote from: Murph on Mar 01, 2017, 11:43 AM
I'm falling into a deep wormhole on this site:  http://relisten.net/mmj/2007/1/13

Listening back to the 8/19/2012 Brooklyn show at Williamsburg... one of the best Dondantes ever

it's probably in my top 5 most visited sites, especially considering my mid-life deep dive into the Grateful Dead. I'm listening to Jacket at Mt Jam from 2006 right now, sounds great.
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 01, 2017, 01:54 PM

it's probably in my top 5 most visited sites, especially considering my mid-life deep dive into the Grateful Dead. I'm listening to Jacket at Mt Jam from 2006 right now, sounds great.

i second this, Parkervb you've totally got me hooked. It's a little easier to see what songs are at what shows with this one, over archive. I still think we need both live show archives, but wow....this relisten.net is AWESOME

MMJTX

Yall know there is a Relisten app for your phone right? Not sure how yall have lived without if you didn't know about it.
Anytime

meltingaway

I was also at the Brooklyn show...yeah I forgot how great that Dondante is/was...thanks for reminding me of yet another wonderful jacket experience!

johnnYYac

Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 01, 2017, 03:32 PM
Yall know there is a Relisten app for your phone right? Not sure how yall have lived without if you didn't know about it.
iOS only.  The "Relisten" app for Android isn't the same thing...  Not sure what it was.  :undecided:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 01, 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 01, 2017, 03:32 PM
iOS only.  The "Relisten" app for Android isn't the same thing...  Not sure what it was.  :undecided:

thanks to Archive.org and this forum, i've been set up for life with Jacket bootlegs, this just makes it even crazier hahah

buymycar

Quote from: Varitek on Feb 22, 2017, 01:28 AM
2011.06.24 - Fox Theatre - Oakland, CA

2015.10.15 - The Masonic - San Francisco, CA

This.