One Big Holiday 2017 mp3s or flacs?

Started by stevewashick, Feb 21, 2017, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewashick

I believe when we registered for OBH 2017 it said after the shows we'd be able to get the music files.

How do I do that?

I really really really wanna hear those shows again!   :cheesy:

OBH was amazing, btw...  I can't wait for next year!

:drum:

rkwedge

You should have got an email from My Morning Jacket OBH a few days ago. Asked for you to share your experience and had official Photo galleries to go thru and this was also on there:

The music of One Big Holiday 2017 lives on! Every guest will receive a code for a complimentary MP3 download of each My Morning Jacket show from One Big Holiday 2017. FLAC upgrades and downloads for those who couldn't make it will be available for purchase as well. Keep an eye on your inbox in the coming weeks for the download codes.

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Quote from: stevewashick on Feb 21, 2017, 10:07 AM
I believe when we registered for OBH 2017 it said after the shows we'd be able to get the music files.

How do I do that?

I really really really wanna hear those shows again!   :cheesy:

OBH was amazing, btw...  I can't wait for next year!

:drum:

It might take a couple of months for them to show up, but they're so worth it.  Especially if you're reliving the shows.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lonndown27

they're always worth it, this is band mastered audio of MMJ shows....you cannot go wrong whatsoever.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

trust me, this is a band WORTH supporting financially. They put their money where their mouth is and support a vast array of worthy causes and charities, as well as the way they speak out politically and environmentally. They're beautiful human beings.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

mp3s are a bit .....weak in my opinion....i hope its just my ears being blasted too long today, though.

Fartsmakemegiggle

I bought the MP3s and two things: 1) they sound incredible (I'm not a tech guy so that's all I can tell u) 2) I'm kicking myself for not going. I have to get to one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonndown27

they sound great but lacking the ummmph you get from a nice FLAC mastered recording, my bad, should've gotten FLAC, but just having the shows is something to behold...so much material to sift through.

stevewashick

I was at 2017 One Big Holiday.....how do I get the .mp3s or .flacs?

I assumed I would be contacted via email, but I haven't received any emails at all.

rkwedge

Quote from: stevewashick on May 03, 2017, 01:11 PM
I was at 2017 One Big Holiday.....how do I get the .mp3s or .flacs?

I assumed I would be contacted via email, but I haven't received any emails at all.
Stevewashick, you should have got an email on 3/13 with your download codes. Might want to check your spam folder around then.

stevewashick

<< Stevewashick, you should have got an email on 3/13 with your download codes. Might want to check your spam folder around then.>>

Nothing in my spam folders.....LAME!!!

Are they available for sale anywhere?

At this point I'll just buy them even though I'm supposed to get them for free.

I just wanna hear the shows again.....

----------------------

UPDATE: 

lol....I told my wife I was just gonna buy them and then she sprung into action...

She got someone on the phone and now the code is in my Inbox....thanx honey!

rkwedge

Quote from: stevewashick on May 04, 2017, 12:40 PM
<< Stevewashick, you should have got an email on 3/13 with your download codes. Might want to check your spam folder around then.>>

Nothing in my spam folders.....LAME!!!

Are they available for sale anywhere?

At this point I'll just buy them even though I'm supposed to get them for free.

I just wanna hear the shows again.....
That's not cool stevewashick, you should have gotten them. This is where they are, Livedownloads.com  Here's a link for night 1
http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,15997/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-download-2-4-2017-Hard-Rock-Hotel-One-Big-Holiday-MX.html

millerjustin

anyone else scratching their heads about a couple of the splices?

in particular, the split between picture of you and steam should have been 2 minutes earlier to make a really beautiful intro to steam (kinda like port chester)

anyone else?
What's in here won't disappear

rkwedge

Quote from: millerjustin on May 04, 2017, 02:50 PM

in particular, the split between picture of you and steam should have been 2 minutes earlier to make a really beautiful intro to steam (kinda like port chester)

anyone else?
Justin, you may have had a bad download, I have that cool 2 plus minute intro into Steam.  I have both the mp3's and the ALAC files and they both have it, no splice.

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on May 04, 2017, 04:14 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on May 04, 2017, 02:50 PM

anyone else?
Justin, you may have had a bad download, I have that cool 2 plus minute intro into Steam.  I have both the mp3's and the ALAC files and they both have it, no splice.

I have the mp3s, and for me, the spaced out jamming before Steam Engine (similar to the spaced out jamming before Only Memories Remain from the OBH2 shows) is tagged onto the end of Picture Of You, not as an intro to Steam Engine.  I did think that edit was a little strange. 

TOOGANS

This is predicated on Nugs standards. All index points are to be at the very top of each song so patrons don't have to hear a 3 minute segue when most people just want the song and not the interlude jam.  :wink:

millerjustin

Quote from: TOOGANS on May 05, 2017, 09:54 AM
This is predicated on Nugs standards. All index points are to be at the very top of each song so patrons don't have to hear a 3 minute segue when most people just want the song and not the interlude jam.  :wink:

ok, but conversely it's annoying to hear an obvious steam intro included at the end of Picture of You - the splicing doesn't follow the musical intent.  Perhaps they should have tagged separately similar to "Funky Improv Jam"  or "Outta My system Jam" as "Steam Intro" if they were worried about people insisting that Steam start right at "So!"

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on May 05, 2017, 01:11 PM

ok, but conversely it's annoying to hear an obvious steam intro included at the end of Picture of You - the splicing doesn't follow the musical intent.  Perhaps they should have tagged separately similar to "Funky Improv Jam"  or "Outta My system Jam" as "Steam Intro" if they were worried about people insisting that Steam start right at "So!"

Yes to this completely!!

And on a related note, please post any other spacey jams that you know of that the band has done.  I'm going to do some itunes editing to isolate the jams themselves and make a little playlist of them.  So far I have:
Picture Of You OBH 2017
Only Memories Remain 2015
Steam Engine Port Chester 2012

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on May 05, 2017, 02:11 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on May 05, 2017, 01:11 PM

Yes to this completely!!

And on a related note, please post any other spacey jams that you know of that the band has done.  I'm going to do some itunes editing to isolate the jams themselves and make a little playlist of them.  So far I have:
Picture Of You OBH 2017
Only Memories Remain 2015
Steam Engine Port Chester 2012

awesome!  I'd love that compilation!  btw, the 2012 port chester steam intro was mostly created due to Carl's board crapping out and Rocky had to race to replace it with a back-up while Jim extended his early riffing - you can actually hear the click when he plugs back in shortly before Carl's first solo (this was a terrifying experience to watch from the loge - admittedly I was hyper focused for a variety of reasons, but you could tell Carl was freaking out a little bit too)

Another suggestion is the 3 minute intro to Mahgeetah in port chester - it's a dirty grungy throw down that sounds like crazy horse on steroids

sillyboob

awesome!  I'd love that compilation!  btw, the 2012 port chester steam intro was mostly created due to Carl's board crapping out and Rocky had to race to replace it with a back-up while Jim extended his early riffing - you can actually hear the click when he plugs back in shortly before Carl's first solo (this was a terrifying experience to watch from the loge - admittedly I was hyper focused for a variety of reasons, but you could tell Carl was freaking out a little bit too)

Another suggestion is the 3 minute intro to Mahgeetah in port chester - it's a dirty grungy throw down that sounds like crazy horse on steroids
[/quote]

Thumbs up to being hyper focused for whatever fun reason!  That would be nuts - Carl losing his effects board.

And also for the Mahgeetah suggestion - listening to it right now.  Will definitely use it.