Peach Festival - Scranton, PA

Started by Murph, Feb 28, 2017, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 01, 2017, 05:20 PM
MMJ should come out dressed up as characters from The Office : Jim as a long-haired Michael Scott of ceremonies, Tom as Dwight with glasses and beets on his amps, Patrick as Phyllis, Carl as Pam and Bo as Jim.

Its Scrantontime for the Jackets.

I like this idea :) but obviously Jim should be Jim!

Lonndown27

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 03, 2017, 11:12 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 01, 2017, 05:20 PM
MMJ should come out dressed up as characters from The Office : Jim as a long-haired Michael Scott of ceremonies, Tom as Dwight with glasses and beets on his amps, Patrick as Phyllis, Carl as Pam and Bo as Jim.

Its Scrantontime for the Jackets.

I like this idea :) but obviously Jim should be Jim!

hahahah probably right, although he doesn't like being Jim, from the What's In my Bag? youtube posting, where he introduces himself as Tom Blankenship ahahah I just thought he'd be perfect as Michael Scott, cause he's all zany and weird and I can't really see Carl flying around saying shit about "radiating the gold" etc with a cape and a hat on (remember the Golden Ticket episode anyone???)

They should at least come out to the Office intro hahah
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

oistheone

Has anyone gone to Peach in the past and can comment on the experience? Thinking this may be my best shot at some Jacket content this summer.

APR

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 09, 2017, 01:27 PM
Has anyone gone to Peach in the past and can comment on the experience? Thinking this may be my best shot at some Jacket content this summer.

Unless you love WSP, I'd recommend patience.  This probably won't sell out.  And you don't want to commit days off and funds if better and more convenient options present themselves.   The summer is many months away.  JJ's last solo tour was announced just two months before it started.

oistheone

I am completely indifferent to WSP butttttt I did have a suprisingly awesome time at Lockn last year, so maybe hippie festivals are the way to go for me. A weekend of Dead and Allman covers with an MMJ headlining set tossed in doesn't sound so bad!

jarednburr

I've been to Peach Fest the past five years and can answer any questions. People complain about the venue and the logistics of the festival because the campground is on the Ski Slopes. Theres no car camping so everyone has to lug all their belongings up the mountain after shuttle rides from the parking lots. Preperation is key for this festival due to the terrain.

oistheone

Quote from: jarednburr on Mar 12, 2017, 03:54 PM

I've been to Peach Fest the past five years and can answer any questions. People complain about the venue and the logistics of the festival because the campground is on the Ski Slopes. Theres no car camping so everyone has to lug all their belongings up the mountain after shuttle rides from the parking lots. Preperation is key for this festival due to the terrain.

Have you camped all five years? I'm looking into the hotel+shuttle option because camping not directly next to my car sounds like a nightmare. I am wholly reliant on my vehicle when at a festival, but if the shuttles depart before the fun really starts at night, I might have to suck it up...

millerjustin

best advice?  skip peach and get a full show the next night at Mass Moca
What's in here won't disappear

oistheone

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 13, 2017, 04:55 PM

I'm aiming for both!

sillyboob

Mass Moca is a great venue.  Went and saw The National there a year or two back.  Cool place!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

adam_pliskow

If they have the headline spot I'd assume they get 2 1/2 hours

jarednburr

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 13, 2017, 11:16 AM
Quote from: jarednburr on Mar 12, 2017, 03:54 PM

Have you camped all five years? I'm looking into the hotel+shuttle option because camping not directly next to my car sounds like a nightmare. I am wholly reliant on my vehicle when at a festival, but if the shuttles depart before the fun really starts at night, I might have to suck it up...

Yes, my wife and I camped all five years. We both have large camping backpacks that strap around us. We also have a foldable wagon to haul two large bins of essentials and an easy up canapy. Acessability and terrain of the festival is tough (It's a mountain) You have to get there as soon as it opens on Thursday to avoid any nightmares because there's limited on site parking. Once you make it to camp it's totally worth it. The water park and layout is awesome! I wouldn't think about getting a hotel because of how they stagger the set times. You'll be forced to make some tough decisions and miss bands than you may want to see. The quality of music will be great all day and music goes till 2am (3:30am year due to rain delays each night) and walking from stage to stage gets old quick.

jarednburr

Quote from: adam_pliskow on Mar 13, 2017, 07:47 PM
If they have the headline spot I'd assume they get 2 1/2 hours

Yes, they'll get 2hrs 15- 2 1/2 hr set. After MMJ, staggered late night acts on three stages. I believe Lettuce w/ Chaka Khan will be on the main Peach stage after MMJ's set

oistheone

Lockn taught me not to dismiss festival shows just because they're festivals! They're bonafide headliners now, folks, and I'm expecting a barnburner at Peach!

oistheone

Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 13, 2017, 06:31 PM

Mass Moca is a great venue.  Went and saw The National there a year or two back.  Cool place!!

Any recommendations on places to stay? Looks like North Adams filled up fast. Are Ubers or cabs around if you stay 5+ miles away??

dontgetupset

Maybe EricM can answer this or anyone else familiar with the touring routes....

Columbus is Thu Aug 10 and Mass Moca is Sat Aug 12.

Can we assume that they drive east from Ohio to PA stop Fri Aug 11 in Scranton and then head to Massachusetts

OR

Is there ANY chance they skip Friday night as a "travel date" and end up in Scranton Sun Aug 13? (I can only do Sunday)

Thanks

millerjustin

Quote from: dontgetupset on Jun 28, 2017, 12:22 PM
Maybe EricM can answer this or anyone else familiar with the touring routes....

Columbus is Thu Aug 10 and Mass Moca is Sat Aug 12.

Can we assume that they drive east from Ohio to PA stop Fri Aug 11 in Scranton and then head to Massachusetts

OR

Is there ANY chance they skip Friday night as a "travel date" and end up in Scranton Sun Aug 13? (I can only do Sunday)

Thanks

they are playing Peach on Friday 8/11 (so says the tour schedule)
What's in here won't disappear

dontgetupset

Thanks. Probably could have googled that... Sorry about that

parkervb

did Peach webcast at all last year?
Don't you ever turn it off

oistheone

Single day tickets now on sale! Just grabbed mine!

Also, heads up -- StubHub has single-days waaaaaaay below face right now.