Peach Festival - Scranton, PA

Started by Murph, Feb 28, 2017, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Quote from: cshum372 on Aug 12, 2017, 07:04 AM

What a show!! though almost exactly 2 hours I would say the show of the summer tour, based on being at 1 other, and listening to some others. The boys were definitely playing to the " jam crowd" with nice transitions between songs, extended jams, etc..

I don't recall the entire setlist, but there were lots of repeats from this tour:

The magic began with a beautiful Steam Engine > Blowin' in the Wind > Melissa > All Things Must Pass

the 3 covers were all breakouts of this tour, and I believe Melissa and ATMP have never been played by Jacket. I thought Melissa especially was beautifully played, all 3 saw Carl on pedal steel.

other highlights: a great version of Phone Went West, and a seemingly new extended jam at the end of Touch Part 2 ( much longer  than I remember the Forest Hills version)

I have some gripes with the festival in general. The first 30 rows are sold off to VIP, meaning its impossible to have a good seat to the a headlining act unless you bought VIP. Also, last night the rain was torrential which meant the non vip section was PACKED with everyone from the lawn as well, made for some crowding distractions, and overall bad vibes in parts of the seated sections.

Plenty of Tapers present, so tape should be surfacing shortly :)

Amazing show! I want to say they also snuck in a portion of the beautiful ones by Prince during the covers portion Definitely a lot of added pieces to songs that I never heard before, pretty special night

CC

1. Victory Dance
2. Compound Fracture
3. I'm Amazed
4. Mahgeetah
5. Off The Record
6. Tropics (Erase Traces)
7. Lay Low
8. Spring (Among The Living)
9. State Of The Art (A.E.I.O.U.)
10. Steam Engine
11. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob Dylan) >
12. Melissa (The Allman Brothers Band) >
13. All Things Must Pass (George Harrison) >
14. The Beautiful Ones (Prince)
15. Circuital
16. Phone Went West
17. Wordless Chorus
18. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2
19. One Big Holiday

Varitek

Nice reporting everyone. Excited to hear this one..
"Did he just put on a cape?"

Stevie

recording is amazing.  excellent quality!!!