Magpie Salute U.S. Tour Dates!

Started by LBSUNFLWR, Mar 01, 2017, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

SO unbelievably excited for this!! and they're coming to Louisville to a small venue with excellent sound!

Shug

We're in for the two nights at the Fillmore in SF in Sept.  Hopefully they'll do more than two nights there.

Looks like they will fill in around the already announced LA and SF shows in Sept as they did for the Chicago shows in July.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

LBSUNFLWR

awesome! I have the option of going to that Indy show and Cincinnati if I decide to hit more than 1...which I think I should do!  :thumbsup:

LBSUNFLWR

More incredible news!

https://www.jambase.com/article/the-magpie-salute-announces-upcoming-release-of-self-titled-debut-album

The Magpie Salute Announces Upcoming Release Of Self-Titled Debut Album
The Magpie Salute, a band featuring Black Crowes alumni Rich Robinson, Marc Ford and Sven Pipien, will issue their self-titled debut album on June 9 via Eagle Rock Entertainment. Robinson produced the effort which was recorded live in the studio in front of an audience at Applehead Recording in Woodstock, New York, except for the full studio track “Omission.”

Late Black Crowes keyboardist Eddie Harsch contributed to the LP as it marks his last recorded work. The full studio track “Omission,” penned by Rich Robinson and vocalist John Hogg, will be the album’s first single. Look for “Omission” to hit rock radio and the web in May with a video to be released soon thereafter. The Magpie Salute launches a U.S. tour on July 26 in Indianapolis.
The Magpie Salute’s new album features 10 tracks. In addition to “Omission,” the band offers interpretations of The Black Crowes’ “What Is Home” and “Wiser Time,” and cover songs by Delaney and Bonnie (“Comin’ Home”), Bobby Hutcherson (“Goin’ Down South”), War (“War Drums”), Pink Floyd (“Fearless”), the Faces (“Glad and Sorry”), Bob Marley (“Time Will Tell”) and the traditional “Ain’t No More Cane.”

LBSUNFLWR

My show is tonight! Finally. I am so very excited.
Haven't seen Marc Ford play since 2006!