This Land Is Your Land

Started by mcredder, Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcredder

Just saw this come up as a new track on Spotify. Looks like it has something to do with a release through North Face, but this kind of came out of nowhere. Anyone know the details on this?

Sounds really niiiiiice

buymycar

So strange we haven't heard anything from the band about this.

bartel

surely with this recording we aren't too far away from new album information.. something!

Santo

Quote from: bartel on Oct 22, 2014, 06:24 PM
surely with this recording we aren't too far away from new album information.. something!

I was thinking the same thing. Winter tour announcements are starting to pop-up here and there. Maybe we'll get an album/tour announcement soon.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Santo on Oct 22, 2014, 08:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Winter tour announcements are starting to pop-up here and there. Maybe we'll get an album/tour announcement soon.

I feel like any future tour announcements will happen after either OBH or OBH sells out. I really doubt they'd announce anything that would take away potential sales to that.

I also wonder why the band has said nothing about "This Land is Your Land"
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

CountSA

This song is now available in the iTunes store.

Santo

Quote from: justbcuzido on Oct 23, 2014, 10:34 AM
Quote from: Santo on Oct 22, 2014, 08:11 PM

I feel like any future tour announcements will happen after either OBH or OBH sells out. I really doubt they'd announce anything that would take away potential sales to that.

I also wonder why the band has said nothing about "This Land is Your Land"

Just hoping that "This Land is Your Land" is just the tip of the iceberg. I know I'm getting my hopes up, but I'm looking at the calendar and thinking ahead. Album announcements tend to be 2-4 months prior to release, tours follow shortly after. Its just over four months to OBH and the beginning of February and I'm already making concert plans for March. I would think that OBH would be a momentum builder for 2015 and they wouldn't want to wait too long to release the album. Plus it sounds like OBH is almost sold out. I guess I'm craving real news and winter/spring announcements are starting already.

gluvmiller

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is less than 20 rooms left to sell for OBH so that factor is dimishing.

justbcuzido

I really like this cover. Listen to the link below.

http://www.stereogum.com/1714604/my-morning-jacket-this-land-is-your-land-woody-guthrie-cover/mp3s/

I also think it's cool that they're donating all artist proceeds to a good cause. Below is an article about why they made the song.

http://www.fastcocreate.com/3037624/my-morning-jacket-records-woody-guthrie-classic-for-north-face-campaign-to-benefit-public-la
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

TheThird

Quote from: gluvmiller on Oct 24, 2014, 08:26 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyone want to take one for the team and buy those last 20 rooms? We need some info dammit!
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: TheThird on Nov 06, 2014, 12:24 AM
Quote from: gluvmiller on Oct 24, 2014, 08:26 AM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Oct 23, 2014, 10:34 AM

Anyone want to take one for the team and buy those last 20 rooms? We need some info dammit!

Since you asked so nicely...  :thumbsup:

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Magichashbrown

They did post the northface ad on it a while ago and I thought that it was such a good ideas that they had done that
There definetly in the studio workin on somthing

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Mr. White

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 10, 2014, 10:25 AM
http://youtu.be/tll-4WONtg0

They played this during the Florida State vs. Miami halftime on ABC on 11/15/14.

I also found the complete song uploaded to YouTube by Shmulik Kummer.

http://youtu.be/5AvTezD4XIU
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MMJ612

I'm usually not a big fan of bands using their music for commercials (see The Beatles Revolution and Nike).  However, I absolutely love this ad.  When I saw it live for the first time last week during Monday Night Football (average TV audience of 12 million by the way!) I got chills. Jim's voice sounds INCREDIBLE!  Kudos MMJ  :thumbsup:

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

A minute thirty into This Land Is Your Land from OBH 2017 you can hear some blessed soul yell out "Let's fucking go!!!"  It's classic.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 12, 2017, 10:59 PM
A minute thirty into This Land Is Your Land from OBH 2017 you can hear some blessed soul yell out "Let's fucking go!!!"  It's classic.

ha!  and precious few whistler annoyances this time
What's in here won't disappear